help me test miracle resonance, let's finally learn how it works. (PS3 players wanted)

retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

help me test miracle resonance, let's finally learn how it works. (PS3 players wanted)

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:47 am

No one seems to have any idea what the conditions are for creating and seeing miracle resonance signs, so I'd like to conduct some tests to see if we can learn more about it. I'm determined to learn more about the remaining mysteries of the game.

Right now I'm looking for PS3 players between the levels of 59 and 93. You can be in any covenant and do not need to be a miracle user.
    Anyone interested?

- - -

The general understanding is that 'using miracles' can sometimes leave resonance signs for other players to use (giving a boost to the miracles that are synergy-capable), but if it was a broad as simply casting miracles I think we'd all see them a lot more often. There has to be an explanation for their rarity, so I'm going to completely guess some of the rules and see if they work. If we can't reliably create signs for other players, then we'll have to assume the 'rules' are more strict or different than what I guessed. If we can, then we'll have to try it out in different ways to see if the 'rules' are indeed more broad.

Assumed rules #1:
    -For creating a resonance sign for other players, you have to be a member of the Princess Guard covenant.
    -For creating a resonance sign, you may also need to have the Ring of the Sun Princess equipped.
    -To see a resonance sign, you may have to be within co-op range of the person who created it.

Assumed things that do not matter:
    -For seeing a resonance sign created by another player, you can probably belong to any covenant.
    -It also probably shouldn't matter if you're hollow or human, or if the area boss is defeated or not for both the creator and recipient.

For the people who have spotted resonance signs other than the two in the Catacombs, can you recall if you've seen them hollowed and where a boss has been defeated?
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: help me test miracle resonance, let's finally learn how it works. (PS3 players wanted)

Post by Federally on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:01 am

I think the problem is with how Dark Souls works, or in this case doesn't work, on Psn. If you watch videos from Xbox DkS players you see the resonance symbols all over.

For me I've only seen 2 rings and they were both in the catacombs by the titanite demon near the coffin you use for Gravelord covenant.

Obsessed

Re: help me test miracle resonance, let's finally learn how it works. (PS3 players wanted)

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:11 am

The two in the Catacombs are built into the game. You still have to be online to see them, but they're permanent (not counting their sporadic and brief disappearing). We can assume they're not created by other players, like the other ones.

Can every PS3 player say they've never seen them outside of the Catacombs? I've also heard that people see them more often on Xbox Live, but until we know how they work I'm not sure we can yet assume that it's broken on PSN. If we don't have any luck, then I hope people on Xbox can run the same tests.

Insomniac

Post by LordRevan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 am

Well I don't know about you guys. But i'm on Xbox and I see them all the time, any where. Not rare at all for me silly

retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:18 am

LordRevan wrote:Well I don't know about you guys. But i'm on Xbox and I see them all the time, any where. Not rare at all for me silly

Ok crap, maybe it is broken on PSN. sad
    If I had an Xbox I'd head to a low traffic area, like area before Ceaseless' fog gate, and see if I can create resonance signs for other players. Then try to narrow in on the rules. Hope someone else is interested enough!

Last edited by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Insomniac

Post by LordRevan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 am

retro wrote:
    LordRevan wrote:Well I don't know about you guys. But i'm on Xbox and I see them all the time, any where. Not rare at all for me silly

Ok crap, maybe it is broken on PSN. sad

That sucks.
    Not that I really ever use it... But it is decently common I just haven't been using my faith builds in awhile. It's rather helpful in the forest though, boosts miracles all the time there big grin

retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:29 am

If you have the chance, can you help me confirm what appears to be a common misconception about the resonance signs? If you have just enough faith and attunement to carry and use heal and force at the same time, that's all you need. You don't even need a talisman to use them...

From what I gather, a lot of people get the impression that different resonance signs correspond to different groups of miracles (like one may boost WotG, Emit Force, and Force, while others will boost healing miracles). I am fairly certain this is wrong, and this is how they should work:

-There are 9 miracles that are capable of receiving a synergy boost, and all of them will always receive a boost when near a resonance sign. No two resonance signs are different, they should always offer the same boosts.

The only miracles that can receive the boost should be the following 9:
    -Wrath of the Gods
    -Emit Force
    -Force
    -Healing
    -Great Healing Excerpt
    -Great Heal
    -Replenishment
    -Soothing Sunlight
    -Bountiful Sunlight

What this means is, if I'm right, the above miracles will always receive a white ring over their icon when near a resonance sign. There should not be a time when Force receives it but Heal doesn't. No other miracles should receive them. I know this is case with the two rings in the Catacombs, but I just wanted to be sure that ones 'in the wild' worked the same. Seeing both Force and Heal get the white ring from the same resonance sign should agree with my information.
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 am

And ps3 has a much larger player base for DkS, so if anyone should be able to see them its us and we can't. So its definitely a technical issue of some kind.

As far as the catacombs signs I've only seen them once, I've run past that titanite demon at least a dozen times. So shouldn't I see them every time if they're permanent?

Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:35 am

i am on PSN and i see them alot as well..
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:42 am

Federally wrote:

And ps3 has a much larger player base for DkS, so if anyone should be able to see them its us and we can't. So its definitely a technical issue of some kind.

As far as the catacombs signs I've only seen them once, I've run past that titanite demon at least a dozen times. So shouldn't I see them every time if they're permanent?

They're down the two ladders near the titanite demon, by the two skeleton archers with the last Undead Skull-lantern Mage in the level. Can you confirm that you don't see them in that room? Wait in that room for a minute and share the results! happy

Unforseen wrote:i am on PSN and i see them alot as well..
    Well, some good news! Edit: Where are you seeing them? What level and covenant is the character you're seeing them with?

Last edited by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:42 am

Where and under what circumstances? Also what country do you reside in?

Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:43 am

I mainly see them in the forest whether im host or even invader. USA East coast.
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:49 am

retro wrote:
    Federally wrote:

They're down the two ladders near the titanite demon, by the two skeleton archers with the last Undead Skull-lantern Mage in the level. Can you confirm that you don't see them in that room? Wait in that room for a minute and share the results! happy

Well, some good news!

I don't run past those. The two I saw were not them, one was directly to the titanite demon's left and one was directly behind him. They also were accompanied by a ghost who was obviously fighting the demon, and the resonance rings were presumably from miracles cast while someone, maybe that ghost, fought him.

Insomniac

Post by LordRevan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:51 am

retro wrote:If you have the chance, can you help me confirm what appears to be a common misconception about the resonance signs? If you have just enough faith and attunement to carry and use heal and force at the same time, that's all you need. You don't even need a talisman to use them...

From what I gather, a lot of people get the impression that different resonance signs correspond to different groups of miracles (like one may boost WotG, Emit Force, and Force, while others will boost healing miracles). I am fairly certain this is wrong, and this is how they should work:

-There are 9 miracles that are capable of receiving a synergy boost, and all of them will always receive a boost when near a resonance sign. No two resonance signs are different, they should always offer the same boosts.

The only miracles that can receive the boost should be the following 9:
    -Wrath of the Gods
    -Emit Force
    -Force
    -Healing
    -Great Healing Excerpt
    -Great Heal
    -Replenishment
    -Soothing Sunlight
    -Bountiful Sunlight

What this means is, if I'm right, the above miracles will always receive a white ring over their icon when near a resonance sign. There should not be a time when Force receives it but Heal doesn't. No other miracles should receive them. I know this is case with the two rings in the Catacombs, but I just wanted to be sure that ones 'in the wild' worked the same. Seeing both Force and Heal get the white ring from the same resonance sign should agree with my information.

I haven't taken notice of which Miracles. But they certainly boost more than one. Wrath of the Gods and heal for sure, at the same time.

retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:53 am

Ah, ok. So everyone should be able to see the two that I'm talking about, correct? I think you only have to be online, I got the impression they can be seen regardless of covenant or faith level. It shouldn't matter if you're human or hollowed as well.

edit:
    LordRevan wrote:
    I haven't taken notice of which Miracles. But they certainly boost more than one. Wrath of the Gods and heal for sure, at the same time.
    Good! Basically confirms that all resonance signs work the same and they're not grouped to different miracles. The only distinction between miracles are the ones that are "synergy capable" and the ones that aren't, which is a set thing.

Last edited by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 am

Never seen the ones your talking about.
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:56 am

Unforseen wrote:Never seen the ones your talking about.

They "flicker" on and off. Sometimes one or both will be missing for 20-30 seconds, but they always come back. If you go and wait in that room for a minute or two, can you confirm that you still can't see them?
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:03 am

Didn't see them
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:17 am

But you see them sometimes elsewhere. Odd. What about xbox players who also see them elsewhere? Are these two not permanently in the Catacombs for you? (asides from disappearing for brief moments, sometimes taking a while to see both at the same time)

(hallway with two skeleton archers and last skull-lantern guy)

I just took this picture. It's also where I did extensive testing of the signs with another character to learn more about how the synergy boosts work, so I know they're permanent in my game regardless of covenant or faith level. This character hasn't defeated Pinwheel, my other character that also sees them has. Again, the only requirement for me to see them seems to be being online.

I've also heard other players talk about ones they always see in the Catacombs...Maybe DaS is divided between players who have them stuck here and others who have them work correctly? Does anyone always see these AND see them commonly elsewhere?

edit: I'm also located in the US, east coast.
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:28 am

Just went back and waited awhile longer, they finally showed up.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 am

lol! something about your sn and the fact that no other ps3 player has seen them is funny. Ive never seen a vagrant in my 2000+ hrs playing dks( :affraid:). I see how common they are on xbl, its strange. You are the first ps3 player to say you have seen them, that i have met.
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 am

I think it's because of P2P connection and NAT types. I only saw 1 at the forest. In the Burg everyone uses WoG, why I can't see them?

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 am

I see miracle resonance everywhere on xbl and I get vagrants periodically if not often.

In fact just yesterday I was farming titanite chunks in New Londo and turned to kill that last one before the 4 kinks when here this odd noise. A second later I was penetrated by a bunch of little projectiles in my back, instantly killing me.

Regardless point is that while xbl community is less active our network seems to function somewhat better if psn players aren't seeing them as often. It is also quite possible that invidual connections could play a role as they do with other multiplayer functions.

Covenants:
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Alright, so because I don't have the game on Xbox, I'll throw this idea out there to see if anyone bites:

-Have a handful of players meet in a low traffic area, like the area outside Ceaseless Discharge's fog gate, or an empty corner of Anor Londo that isn't likely to have other players using miracles (the basement, opposite end of the mimic chest?).

-Have one player be a member of the Princess Guard and wear the Ring of Sun Princess. Run around and cast any of the miracles that are "syngery capable" (all of the healative ones plus WotG, Force, and Emit Force).

-Have the other player(s) be within co-op range of the person casting the miracles. Also try to make sure you can see each others' summon signs shortly before.

If you can reliably create resonance signs for other players, try to find out how broad the rules may be. Have someone who isn't a Princess Guard cast miracles with and without the Ring of the Sun Princess, cast miracles that aren't "synergy capable", etc, and see if you can narrow down the conditions.

While it would take some work and coordination, this doesn't really seem like the most complicated thing to test. I can't be the only person who wants to see the remaining mysteries of the games studied! happy

Worst case scenario - The resonance signs are random drops when someone uses a "synergy capable" miracle (or with whatever other rules in place). This is one scenario I imagine that could make it difficult to find out how they work. If it's like a Gravelord infection where it only goes to a select number of worlds, or it behaves like a random item drop and only spawns ~1/30 times in any person's world after using a miracle, then I can see how it could be more difficult to test.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:28 pm

I just fought capra demon with a summon and he used heal about 5 seconds before we beat capra and he got sent home. After he left, there was a heal synergy spot where he had healed. This was just NG, so I doubt he was in princess guard or wearing the ring of the sun princess. If I had to take a guess, I'd say that it's kind of the same deal as seeing another player's phantom, you just have to be close in SL and they'll randomly appear whenever someone uses a miracle

Xbox - Menace238769
    Steam - BartholomewWenceslas
    GFWL - Gravenhime

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 pm