Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

equipment selection help

johnplaysdarksouls

equipment selection help Empty equipment selection help

Post by johnplaysdarksouls Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:44 pm

hi guys, i'm working on my build, got my stats figured out but i was wondering if i could get some tips on equipment selection

here's what i have so far: http://tinyurl.com/89cfok6

a bit of a background story on this build before i start. this is my first ds character and i use it for pve. i got all the bosses beat except for gwyn and i started doing some pvp and ended up liking it. so now i'm trying to adapt this pve character for pvp

stats selection - initially in pve i was going for a pyro build, high end/vit/att and just enough str/dex for whatever weapon i wanted to use. i started using a murakamo so i got my str up to 28, but decided that i liked lifehunt/great scythe better so i dump the rest to dex (and topped off str to 30 for a nice round number)

weapon selection - i liked using the scythes, but they're slow so i wanted a fast slicing weapon as a backup. i really like the speed of the fury sword so i picked that. the dual pyros, the one on the left is ascended+5 for casts, and the one on the right is unleveled for power within

armor selection - i mostly want something that looks cool, can get me 70+ poise, and can fast roll (25% load) or flip

things i need suggestions for:
    - for my weapons, i really like the speed of the furysword but the reach is not something i'm particularly fond of. damage is kinda low too i think. any thoughts on what to replace this? looking for something fast swiping, not too short and has decent damage. i'll try out the bss, falchion, and SK long sword when i get home
    - i really like using the lifehunt than the great scythe, but i need the bloodbite ring for that and i don't have any spots. any suggestions on what to change my armor/rings to so i could have fastroll/flip and 70+ poise?

sorry for the wall of text, i'm new to pvp and i'm liking it so far and would really like to improve my setup

thanks
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

equipment selection help Empty Re: equipment selection help

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Perhaps this?? http://tinyurl.com/6nkdtle this looks cool - you don't require the mask of the child but it looks niceish with the armor - the wooden shield also looks pretty cool silly You can now swap one pyro flame for a washing pole or other weapon of your choice to complement the lifehunt scythe so when your bleed meter gets too high you can use your WP to finish their bleed or use whilst yours goes down a bit... meh that was all I could get out of it - with one more end it could have used the Grass Crest shield but you could instead swap the WP for a Chaos Blade if you wanna use that setup with the LH scythe because Chaos blade has the highest bleed build up of all katanas. Anyway - thats my two cents.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Actually use the Chaos Blade instead of the Washing Pole... with 10 humanity it does more damage and allows you to use the grass crest shield.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm

what about this? http://tinyurl.com/86gpg5z you need 43 poise to be able to take a hit from a gs, 77 poise is a waste and can only be achieved by having havel/giant+mof, if you take a hit from a ultra great sword you deserve to die.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 pm

He doesn't need the bloodbite ring and it is 53 for a GS Rant.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 pm

crap i meant to write 53 and i didnt say anything the bloodbite ring. mura is awesome and has more reach than the washing pole which i dont get why people always say its op.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Aye - I like the murakumo but with it I enjoy having a good backup weapon to run with.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm

he has tons of weapons to choose from with those stats so he should use all of them and see which one he likes. specialy the ones that have a C on both str and dex will have max damage when two handed.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:27 pm

I also never understood why people the think the washing pole is OP. Chais Blade is way better in my opinion, and it looks bomb. Chaos Blade and Mura is a decent combo.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2360120016661875
    this is my current preferred armor selection i think it looks very good and it gives 77 poise, 71 if you use mask, i don't like the effect the wolf ring gives
    johnplaysdarksouls

Post by johnplaysdarksouls Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:35 pm

@TehInfamousAmos: nice setup, good weight, looks good too. chaos blade, I'd love to try it out but I used the soul to create a fury sword instead. Murakamo... I hated it when I first tried it. But come to think of it, I hated the LH Scythe too when I first tried it. I was probably just using mura wrong, i'll give it another try and see how it goes

@Rant: Ring of favor... it's awesome but I'm still contemplating whether to use it or not since i won't be able to take it off. I'm trying to think of scenarios where two rings would be needed

@omega Elf: I'm liking how this setup looks, good poise with no wolf ring

These are great suggestions. Thanks guys. I wanted to Thank all your posts but I didn't know I could only thank one sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am