Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
ErrJon6661
Reaperfan
retro
Onion Knight
SlakeMoth
Azran
Buggy Virus
Quarik
Doelker
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Serious_Much
DamageCK
TehInfamousAmos
Forum Pirate
Darkson
Wade_Wilson
21 posters

They'll have to patch Dark Souls, won't they?

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

They'll have to patch Dark Souls, won't they? - Page 2 Empty Re: They'll have to patch Dark Souls, won't they?

Post by Quarik Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:52 pm

That sounds quite good... and it would've allowed me to realize sooner that an elemental build with 10 slots of pyromancies is a remarkably awful idea. *sigh*
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

They'll have to patch Dark Souls, won't they? - Page 2 Empty Re: They'll have to patch Dark Souls, won't they?

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Still depends, players are more aggressive with active buffs, so the ability to tank that 1 extra hit for a 0hko parry, or to poise stab the overly aggressive player, or even the little bit of stamina to dodge after the third swing with a zweihander, could very well save your life.

For you apparently fun and winning arn't related. For me they're very closely related. If at any point I feel that winning is out of the question, it is no longer fun. I don't have to win to have fun, but its definitely important. As far as fun goes, there is no "to serious," its subjective. My seriousness is ideal for me to have fun. Whimsy and spontaneity are not fun for me.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Quarik wrote:That sounds quite good... and it would've allowed me to realize sooner that an elemental build with 10 slots of pyromancies is a remarkably awful idea. *sigh*

You should see my first toon. He's a disaster, I don't PvP with him, however.

For the record, he wears full Giants. This was before I knew that that was unacceptable and/or so widespread. I just thought that I had scored myself some pretty decent armor. lol
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Hmm... I have fun in three situations, though one is very rare. Firstly, when I demonstrate complete superiority over players who use lame tactics. Secondly, when I have a good duel, whether I win or lose it's super intense and awesome. Thirdly, and it almost never happens, when I get crushed into the dirt by a REALLY good player and it looks like neither party actually tried. When that happens I just break out laughing at how bad I am. Note: I don't mean that I almost never get beaten, I mean that great players are very uncommon.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Quarik wrote:I'd like them to patch out BB glitching, as I never use it and playing through the game at a low SL is difficult and fun. However, in the next Souls game it'd be nice if there was a quick-leveling system, or accelerated gain of souls, or something, so building pvp characters doesn't take 20 hours.

If you think it's slow now you should have played the pre 1.05 patch of dark souls. The souls drops were about a half to a third of what they are now on general enemies, and bosses were changed too but not as drastically. I think the leveling is fine as is, it's the collection of all weapons and upgrade materials etc that takes so long, for me at least.

Forum yeah that's true, some people enjoy playing with total seriousness all the time, and others prefer it a little more like a mess around, we're very much on opposite ends silly
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:06 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Quarik wrote:That sounds quite good... and it would've allowed me to realize sooner that an elemental build with 10 slots of pyromancies is a remarkably awful idea. *sigh*

You should see my first toon. He's a disaster, I don't PvP with him, however.

For the record, he wears full Giants. This was before I knew that that was unacceptable and/or so widespread. I just thought that I had scored myself some pretty decent armor. lol

I was building a character that used an elemental washing pole and elemental estoc for the occasional good players that dodge the WP, had 10 ATT slots, and I was already 5 hours in. I got my first pyromancy and... wow. Even combustion was slow.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Double posting yay!
    Serious_Much wrote:If you think it's slow now you should have played the pre 1.05 patch of dark souls. The souls drops were about a half to a third of what they are now on general enemies, and bosses were changed too but not as drastically. I think the leveling is fine as is, it's the collection of all weapons and upgrade materials etc that takes so long, for me at least.

Some upgrade mats (lookin' at you, red chunks) take forever to get, but usually FHing pulls in everything I need. However, leveling up to 120 takes 3.5m souls! I don't want to play through the game fifteen times to get enemies that drop the amount of souls that I need, I want to play pvp nao! *throws tantrum*
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Quarik, I found staying at like a certain level and spamming coop gets you souls really fast. However you're on xbox so i guess you guys have to go down the PvP route to get and fast stream of souls..
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:57 pm

But then how will I dupe things?!

I mean. . .

YEAH! Patch all the bugs!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:17 am

The POINT of a game is to have fun. THE OBJECTIVE of the game, is to win. Don't ever mix those up.

If I want to avoid killing Sif in every playthrough, so be it. If I want to go straight to business with my favourite set of armor right out of Firelink Shrine, it's my choice.

I see that glitch as a time-saver. It's not the first time I see people asking for it to be removed, then petitioning for a faster leveling system to be implemented, so as to save time while making builds.
    Don't you see the irony?

Also, Serious got it right. I went from SL80 to 100 in NG only, Painted World, like 30 coop sessions straight. silly
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:45 am

I've delayed booking a holiday until I know the date of the DLC release. When I do, I'll go away for two weeks and, hopefully, my PS3 will have downloaded it by the time I get back but I'm not counting on it.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:36 pm

The glitch is the reason why Dark Souls is gathering dust up on the shelf. Low level co-op is broken. Went back to Demon's.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 pm

So don't do low level co-op
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm

But I enjoy low level co-op, biggest satisfaction on a video game was low level co-op on Demon's. You realise that not everybody does PvP don't you?
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Although they're probably not as important to most players as things that affect gameplay, I'd like to see all the obvious errors fixed:

-The miracles with the wrong item descriptions during loading screens.
    -The "...Returning to your wor" message when a Darkwraith invader has a host reach a boss.
    -(If possible) The Rite of Kindling message appearing when an invader enters a world the same time as a host challenging a boss.
    -(If possible) The message that says a summoned NPC dies when an invader witnesses a host challenging a boss.

My philosophy is that if information is given to you onscreen, it should be correct. Wrong information and blatant typos make the game look far less polished.

As far as nerfing DWGR goes, I think the ring would've been better if it improved roll speed by 'one class' of equip load. The lightest builds would have fast roll turn into ninja flip, medium roll would turn into fast roll, slow would turn into medium, etc. That way, there'd actually be more incentive to be light, because the ninja flip wold be exclusive to the lightest equip load. But the ring could still be somewhat useful to tanks by increasing their mobility a little bit, without going too far.

I'm not expecting many fixes for the DLC patch, but I guess we'll find out closer to release.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:57 pm

And the item duplication in demons doesn't break low level co-op? I don't buy that for a second. People were nearly as likely to show up with stupidly powerful crap and eat you because they did a low sl run in demons as dark, and the demons guys were *usually* better players.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:03 pm

It breaks low level coop but they likely lack the time to patch it.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:And the item duplication in demons doesn't break low level co-op? I don't buy that for a second. People were nearly as likely to show up with stupidly powerful crap and eat you because they did a low sl run in demons as dark, and the demons guys were *usually* better players.

It didn't, actually. Firstly is because Dragon Weapons were the only non-scaling upgrade and it wasn't that powerful of a path. Second is that unlike the BB glitch where you can have a full item build straight out of the Asylum, you still had to run around and collect your weapons and upgrade materials. Getting a Dragon Mirdan Hammer +5 meant beating 5-1 to unlock 5-2 for the weapon and beating all of World 2 for upgrade materials. If you wanted to play a caster you would have to fight you way all through every boss who had a soul that gave you a spell you wanted. You still had to fight your way to your build instead of just "load game > beat tutorial > visit bank > gank lowbies," and even then there was a level 30 limit to being able to invade, meaning you couldn't abuse low level beginners who hadn't at least started a build.

The point being that it discouraged low level ganking by making it less accesible to the average player, where in Dark Souls any old chump can BB Glitch and be set right from the get-go.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I like where retro is coming from.

Yeah, the BB glitch does break low level playing to an extent. BUT here's my view on that. Players were doing low level invasion/coop before the bb glitch got popular. They just had to work for it.

And whats the difference there. One guy helps noobs with overpowered gear, the other guy helps noobs with over powered gear. I really don't care if it took them 1 hour or 20 to get there, either way I just got cheated out of the Tarus Demon fight because this guy's hand axe was +5 Lightning.

I've learned to cope with that. What kills me is the text errors in the loading screens, and these people who do the dragon/enchanting glitches. Because these legitimately ruin my experience in Dark Souls.

I can choose not to summon and I can choose not to be human and avoid invasions.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Oh god - I agree about that Err, it is the major glitches that are *****.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Don't expect any relevant bug patching. Development on this game is done from From's standpoint. They are already working on new projects. Any patch inclusion will be handled by the production team Namco assembled to prep the DLC, and I doubt they have the ability/knowledge/permission to alter the game's mechanics.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm not really bothered at all by stuff that's in the game intentionally. The DB bow BS and things like it are pretty ****, and the devs didn't intend for people to be able to do that. Probably...

it's an important distinction.
    DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DeathlyLemons Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:00 pm

they should fix the pivot stabs and the reverse backstabs. i hate it when someone lagstabs me then i try to backstab them and it goes into a reverse backstab where they are backstabbing me. and the pivot stab where they run towards you and back stab you when they pivot in front of you. im always like wth im just trying to have fun and play a game. i only use cheat tactics when someone uses it on me give em a taste of their own medicine, but now thats all i ever see. i like to duel people not be spammed by backstabs
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:04 pm

lextune wrote:Would also like to see backstabs become impossible if you have your shield on your back, that would be a small change, (that made sense in the literal), and still completely change the game for the better.

Here come the people pressing Triangle as soon as you're close to behind them.

There shouldn't be a "Nope" button on a game mechanic.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Actually, it would be amazing if you tried to do something, failed, and in big letters on your screen it said "Nope".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 am