Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Share
    avatar
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-05-20
    Location : If I knew, I'd tell you

    Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by CaptanSpudsy on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 am

    So here I have this snazzy looking PvP build. However, this is my first time making an INT build, so I have no clue on what I doing. If anyone could critique it, I'd be much obliged.




    Spudsy


    _________________
    XBL: Captan Spudsy
    Some Moonbros might find this Offensive:

    Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

    eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

    ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.
    avatar
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 24
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by TehInfamousAmos on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:16 am

    My snazzy Assassin of Vinheim I wreck the catacombs with it... Noone gets to Pinwheel under my watch winking


    _________________
    ◥▶̸̱◀◤
    Requiem æternam. Dona eis, Domine Dum veneris judacare sæculum per ignum.

    For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by RANT on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:16 am

    what about this? http://tinyurl.com/6seksxe going above 50 int is a waste, most people stop at 44 because they dont like WDB which is hard to use, if youre gonna use it lock off and try to guess where your opponent is gonna dodge to, it also works really good in bridges.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 24
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by TehInfamousAmos on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:18 am

    I love WDB but my AoV is low level for vading Anor Londo - Catacombs and Sens xD


    _________________
    ◥▶̸̱◀◤
    Requiem æternam. Dona eis, Domine Dum veneris judacare sæculum per ignum.

    For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    avatar
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-05-20
    Location : If I knew, I'd tell you

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by CaptanSpudsy on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:27 am

    RantFromRant wrote:what about this? http://tinyurl.com/6seksxe going above 50 int is a waste, most people stop at 44 because they dont like WDB which is hard to use, if youre gonna use it lock off and try to guess where your opponent is gonna dodge to, it also works really good in bridges.

    Hmmm, that might work. Also, thanks for WDB advice.


    _________________
    XBL: Captan Spudsy
    Some Moonbros might find this Offensive:

    Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

    eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

    ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.
    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by LordRevan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 am

    CaptanSpudsy wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:what about this? http://tinyurl.com/6seksxe going above 50 int is a waste, most people stop at 44 because they dont like WDB which is hard to use, if youre gonna use it lock off and try to guess where your opponent is gonna dodge to, it also works really good in bridges.

    Hmmm, that might work. Also, thanks for WDB advice.

    I would either agree with the build he posted. Or if it suits your fancy, take off some Vit to put on dex to use velkas Rapier. But only if you wanna use the Rapier of course otherwise it's a waste.


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am

    If this is your first INT build I'd probably advise against WDB, because it is a difficult spell to master. Stopping at 44 is usually good enough.

    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by LordRevan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:41 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:If this is your first INT build I'd probably advise against WDB, because it is a difficult spell to master. Stopping at 44 is usually good enough.

    I disagree. Since it's your first INT sure you might not be good at it. But it's not gonna be any different with your second build unless you try it. You gotta practice with it to get better.

    Also it'd be good as your first build just to try out all the spells. That way you know if you actually don't like it not to use points on it next time.



    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 am

    ^This is also true. You never know until you try. I'm just warning him, don't expect a lot of success with that particular sorcery right off the bat.

    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by LordRevan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:^This is also true. You never know until you try. I'm just warning him, don't expect a lot of success with that particular sorcery right off the bat.

    Yeah, I agree. Try getting the hang of other similar spells first as it will help. Although i'm sure you will as it'll be be the last spell you can use.


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-05-20
    Location : If I knew, I'd tell you

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by CaptanSpudsy on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 am

    Right. So here's an updated build:
    I took points from Vit and put it in Dex so I can use Velka's Rapier, I took more points from health in order to up the poise and defrense. I added another attunement slot for another Crystal Soul Spear, and for the lols, I put 99 humanity.


    _________________
    XBL: Captan Spudsy
    Some Moonbros might find this Offensive:

    Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

    eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

    ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.
    avatar
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by LordRevan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:04 am

    Look good to me happy

    Just remember a lot of forum events are Sl 120 cap. So if you want to attend them prob drop that Vit down to 40.

    But it looks good. Just like him -----> 8)


    _________________
    Xbox GT: DaDrunkDucky bounce

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am

    Velka's Rapier is a wonderful weapon. If you give it a chance, I don't know how you can but not fall in love with it.

    avatar
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 24
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by TehInfamousAmos on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 am

    May I give you some expert tips on casting??

    Okay I will adjust your build to how I would make it... Just one minute
    http://tinyurl.com/72tmfkf

    The reason I swapped the MLBH for Ascended flame is because Acid Surge allows you to completely blind the enemy - then you will cast chameleon, this breaks their lock onto you - you can proceed to cast a CSS or WDB and because they cannot see it or are locked onto you it will normally hit and cane them for a lot of damage - my SL41 does this alot and even through a crest shield blocking it does 1080 damage. but my SL41 lacks acid surge due to covenant rules.


    _________________
    ◥▶̸̱◀◤
    Requiem æternam. Dona eis, Domine Dum veneris judacare sæculum per ignum.

    For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    avatar
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-05-20
    Location : If I knew, I'd tell you

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by CaptanSpudsy on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 am

    TehInfamousAmos wrote:May I give you some expert tips on casting??

    Okay I will adjust your build to how I would make it... Just one minute
    http://tinyurl.com/72tmfkf

    The reason I swapped the MLBH for Ascended flame is because Acid Surge allows you to completely blind the enemy - then you will cast chameleon, this breaks their lock onto you - you can proceed to cast a CSS or WDB and because they cannot see it or are locked onto you it will normally hit and cane them for a lot of damage - my SL41 does this alot and even through a crest shield blocking it does 1080 damage. but my SL41 lacks acid surge due to covenant rules.

    Intriguing... I'll probably use that as an alternate for forest hunting.


    _________________
    XBL: Captan Spudsy
    Some Moonbros might find this Offensive:

    Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

    eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

    ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.
    avatar
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 24
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by TehInfamousAmos on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:23 am

    It is funny casting chameleon and screwing someones BS attempt up also because they lost their lock on xD


    _________________
    ◥▶̸̱◀◤
    Requiem æternam. Dona eis, Domine Dum veneris judacare sæculum per ignum.

    For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    avatar
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-05-20
    Location : If I knew, I'd tell you

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by CaptanSpudsy on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:24 am

    Right, MY FINAL BUILD!!

    This is an alternate for Forest Hunting.

    Thanks for your help.



    Spudsy


    _________________
    XBL: Captan Spudsy
    Some Moonbros might find this Offensive:

    Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

    eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

    ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.
    avatar
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 24
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by TehInfamousAmos on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 am

    Woot! Nps dude - I am happy to help a fellow Humanity Thief.


    _________________
    ◥▶̸̱◀◤
    Requiem æternam. Dona eis, Domine Dum veneris judacare sæculum per ignum.

    For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 pm

    the last time i played dark souls this mage managed to hit me TWICE! with dragon breath......it was laggy of course tongue but seriously i hate when you get hit by such an easy spell to dodge(especially when it almost 1shot me the first time). i saw it 4 in game feet to my right and dodged it with space to spare and still got hit.... i can understand the soul spear(lag spear) cause it homes in on you, but dragon breath....you need a lot of luck/lag to hit someone in pvp with that.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by RANT on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

    this should help with WDB and other spells. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vDdAiTmXDY&feature=relmfu


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by Ghadis_God on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:16 pm

    I don't like high level caster builds because most of the levels are pointless. Int is really the only important stat, because you will get killed easily regardless of your defense or HP as a caster. I can output almost max damage for sorcery at SL 58, so with every level beyond that my opponents get stronger and faster and healthier but I stay pretty much the same. Amos has it right at SL 40, sorc can be used for PvP at higher levels but it's a massive disadvantage.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS

    Sponsored content

    Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 am