Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Hahalo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
lextune
Ghadis_God
Serious_Much
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
DamageCK
Quarik
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
16 posters

Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:17 pm

RantFromRant wrote:also another reason why poeple will bs you as soon as they see you with a str weapon is the rep they have, everyone ive seen use a str have done nothing but bs with hornet ring which makes for a cheap and boring fight so everyone automatically thinks youre gonna do the same. i know this because ive message people and asked them why just roll bs me.

Exactly. STR weapons have a bad name because a large number of STR weapon users are always looking for that BS insta-kill.

If people fought correctly with their STR weapons I'd imagine it'd be less of a problem.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:also another reason why poeple will bs you as soon as they see you with a str weapon is the rep they have, everyone ive seen use a str have done nothing but bs with hornet ring which makes for a cheap and boring fight so everyone automatically thinks youre gonna do the same. i know this because ive message people and asked them why just roll bs me.

Exactly. STR weapons have a bad name because a large number of STR weapon users are always looking for that BS insta-kill.

If people fought correctly with their STR weapons I'd imagine it'd be less of a problem.
    It'd also be a lot more fun. big grin
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Haha, welcome to the world of BS.

Here's a tip. Learn BS. It's ancient, since Demon Souls, but it works.

Only by understand how to BS. Only you know how to Fish for BS. And only you are able to play the mind game that we play. tongue

Honestly most player get "setup" for a RBS without even knowing its happening.

Last edited by Hahalo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I can't wait for FC big grin My str build is almost there, actually. I stopped working on him, but Viex only has extremely high SL's... so I had to fight her SL 105 with my SL 95. And now he's SL 113 after getting so many souls big grin
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 pm

i wouldnt call fishing for a bs a mind game and yes if people actaully knew how to use a str weapon properly it would be A LOT more fun for everyone.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Oh Mind game happens only when 2 person that knows how to fish or PVP properly meet..

Most have at least 4-6 different approach and counters up their sleeves.. let say the basic one, like do you predict a counter bs, and counter it?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

pvp is basically who backstabs who first, specially in the burg, i rarely see someonee that doesnt go for a backstab when theyre losing or when they know the other player is better, its really boring having to hug the wall most of the time to avoid that.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I can't wait for FC big grin My str build is almost there, actually. I stopped working on him, but Viex only has extremely high SL's... so I had to fight her SL 105 with my SL 95. And now he's SL 113 after getting so many souls big grin

lol

Poor Viex... silly
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Well I tried to use them properly but got roll backstabbed here, roll backstabbed there. There was a fight when the guy roll backstabbed me 3 consecutive times to my death for every swing missed. You know that I almost cried.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Well I tried to use them properly but got roll backstabbed here, roll backstabbed there. There was a fight when the guy roll backstabbed me 3 consecutive times to my death for every swing missed. You know that I almost cried.

You could try hitting them with a WOG, at least to keep them at bay.

Although even that's not a silver-bullet solution because you can just roll through a WOG and BS you anyway...

Just trying to think of some things to help you out a bit. Shrug Shrug
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Meh. I think not dueling in the burg is the solution. I believe I am done trying to PvP there for now... Just too much crap sad

Idk. I feel like I could be really good there with my G. Halberd. Mayhaps I do need to just use a shield.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Yeah, the main problem is that when seasoned pvp'er faceoff, is a boring poke game that every strike most be back up with a plan.. however that's also the key that you don't go rushing in blindly when your opponent is really good.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Well I tried to use them properly but got roll backstabbed here, roll backstabbed there. There was a fight when the guy roll backstabbed me 3 consecutive times to my death for every swing missed. You know that I almost cried.

Have you identify why you get BS?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh yeah I get roll BSed because my 8 Dex WoGs are too slow for them lol. Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons - Page 2 3358384175
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Hahalo wrote:

Have you identify why you get BS?

Yeah, missed offensive swings.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:55 pm

I get the impression Hahalo BSes a lot. Let's never duel...

And I agree that fishing for backstabs is hardly a mind game. If anything it's just the opposite since the indicators are so easy to spot.

Wyrm, ever tried cancelling a wrath and then hitting another one when they attempt to roll through the cancel? That also works.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Haven't tried spell cancel yet, guess it's time to start practicing lol silly
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 pm

You need more information than that.. generally are you making any predictable habits?

RBS doesn't just happen. Players will have to read your movement and do the RBS based on prediction..

And did you swing more then twice in a roll? Never swing more then once, because that's also a habit..
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:59 pm

You have to be really fast to cancel a wrath... REALLY fast, but it's just another technique to try if nothing else.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I also like to buff my DGA with DMB+3. I have 1068 AR. Hope that's not the reason....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Hahalo wrote:Yeah, the main problem is that when seasoned pvp'er faceoff, is a boring poke game that every strike most be back up with a plan.. however that's also the key that you don't go rushing in blindly when your opponent is really good.

are you trying to say that a fight where you attack carefully when your opponent lets his guard down is borign compared to gettting ohko with the hornet ring? lol
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 pm

@Hahalo I just swing my DGA with a mixture of R1 and roll R1. My build is made for stunlocking with it.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Hmm how do I explain this.. when you have 2 fisher face off, and both experienced.. its "boring" in the sense that both are trying to fish, both are extremely cautious, both are dodging off randomly, and not much combat action.. basically drop 1 hit and back off..

That's what I meant for "boring" as for normal player it would seems like nothing much is happening, but for those 2 players that are pvp'ing it would be extremely tense.

I see what you meant too. I agree that 1 hit OHKO boring, but at least the game ends fast.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:20 pm

WyrmHero wrote:@Hahalo I just swing my DGA with a mixture of R1 and roll R1. My build is made for stunlocking with it.

I see, and I'm I right to say you don't RBS?

For me, big weapons are normally use for fishing..What you can do is. If you know the opponent is
    fishing. Drop a normal hit just 2 step outside the RBS range, he would
    need to take 1 step forward and roll. Take that time to Roll back and R1
    when his coming in for the BS. You should land a hit on him.. That's one basic maneuver to counter..
    but I think you probably know that.

For stunlocking, try not to use it if you think your opponent is capable.. Try to drop 1 hit, and roll off. Unless your 100% sure the opponent doesn't RBS or out of stamina. When i started pvp, i love stunlocking.. eventually after countless punishment, it's in my habit to drop1 hit and just back off
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Yes your right, I don't like to do roll bs. I find it so difficult I just avoid practicing it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 am