Gold rimmed garb and Bed of Chaos

dardenfall

Gold rimmed garb and Bed of Chaos

Post by dardenfall on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:06 pm

When you go to attack the Bed of Chaos after the 2 side orbs have been destroyed, at the bottom of the ramp you start getting spammed with fire before you're even at the bottom. I don't think any of it hits you, it just bursts around you.

If you're wearing the gold rimmed armor set that doesn't happen. In fact, you don't even get attacked for the first several seconds after landing.

Since that's the clothing of her daughter, it makes sense that the nastiness that once was Witch of Isalith might be thinking you're friendly. Of course, unless it's her one still-living daughter, you're even a more hate-able enemy since you're wearing her deceased daughter's stolen clothes!

Don't know that there's a ton of significance there, but it was a cool little lore-consistent nugget. I love those.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Gold rimmed garb and Bed of Chaos

Post by User on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:05 pm

I have had times where I ran to the Bed of Chaos after dropping down the ramp, went to the grub witch of izalith, and killed her without flame pillars.

I would think that more research would be necessary to say that it is true, for luck of the tree not using such flame pillars may be significant to the armour, OR it could just be significant to the player having luck at their side of the tree not using pillars, as it has happened to me a couple of times, and I only worn gold helmed for one character out of... 70, 80.
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm pretty sure it is random.

I've seen no flame pillars what so ever randomly, then other times with the same armor they never stop.

Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    dardenfall

Post by dardenfall on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:07 pm

After I noticed it the first time, I went back with different gloves. Got the fire. Then I tried it again with the full gold-hemmed armor/cloak set and no flame. And again. Could be a coincidence, but that was pretty convincing to me.
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:12 pm

I don't know why but the pillars of fire as I go down makes me feel badass.

Obsessed

Post by Pesth on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm

bloodpixel wrote:I don't know why but the pillars of fire as I go down makes me feel badass.

lol! And i thought i was the only one

Zetsabre

Post by Zetsabre on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Pretty sure the clothing has nothing to do with it.

The attack pattern is based on your location and distance. If you're close, she does the hand sweeps. If you're too far for the hand sweeps, she uses her glowing blades to do the vertical cuts. If you are farther from the blades, she uses her flame pillars.

This is why when after killing the side eggs and entering the boss arena you are attacked with the flame pillars but you are sliding too fast so you pass them. Additionally when you finally rush in and land on the root to attack the center, she can't hand-sweep you or hit you with her orange blades, which usually results in her spamming the flame pillars as you run in.

I was testing this on my 4th playthrough and noticed that I was close enough for her only to attack with the orange blades. You can potentially kill the center point with a bow if you just sidestep to avoid the blades.
    dardenfall

Post by dardenfall on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm not talking about the attack pattern... It's when you're sliding down the ramp and maybe the first second.

Damn the Sun!

Zetsabre

Post by Zetsabre on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:51 pm

I wore Gold Hemmed and I was still firestormed at the beginning during the slide. That's what I was getting at.
    dardenfall

Post by dardenfall on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:58 am

Zetsabre wrote:I wore Gold Hemmed and I was still firestormed at the beginning during the slide. That's what I was getting at.

Damn you, Seeing-Patterns-In-Coinsidence! I guess maybe I should also just throw away my french toast that looks like Sif...

Last edited by dardenfall on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:06 am

I noticed that it only used the firestorm on my way down after I had broken some branches. It ended up making it alot easier to get to the bug if you broke the final one and the fire would miss you. Not sure if that is how it works, but it felt like it to me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:43 pm