Generous coop players...

    Share
    avatar
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 85
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 38
    Location : England

    Generous coop players...

    Post by darkREPRISAL on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:39 am

    Mornin' folks, thought I'd share a (rare) experience with y'all...

    Put a summon sign down near the 2nd bonfire in Anor Londo - fancied helping some folks defeat O&S, and sure enough I was soon in someone else's game...

    We killed a couple of the Knights, then my summoner stopped moving for a bit....he caught my attention, and was pointing down to something he'd dropped...80 Humanities...a nice gift I thought 8)

    Is this sort of thing the norm? Not seen it before, and I'm guessing he was very well stocked on Humanities to be giving 80 away...


    _________________
    XBL: dark x REPRISAL
    Blessed be thy blade, adherent of the Darkmoon.
    Silver Knight Enforcer of Lordran's Deliverance
    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 25
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:41 am

    GRUBKiLLER wrote:Mornin' folks, thought I'd share a (rare) experience with y'all...

    Put a summon sign down near the 2nd bonfire in Anor Londo - fancied helping some folks defeat O&S, and sure enough I was soon in someone else's game...

    We killed a couple of the Knights, then my summoner stopped moving for a bit....he caught my attention, and was pointing down to something he'd dropped...80 Humanities...a nice gift I thought 8)

    Is this sort of thing the norm? Not seen it before, and I'm guessing he was very well stocked on Humanities to be giving 80 away...
    Had something similar happen yesterday with a darkwraith, only he dropped a bunch of other stuff as well, don't know what's going on, maybe it's Christmas in the DkS Universe.


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 85
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 38
    Location : England

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by darkREPRISAL on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:44 am

    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    GRUBKiLLER wrote:Mornin' folks, thought I'd share a (rare) experience with y'all...

    Put a summon sign down near the 2nd bonfire in Anor Londo - fancied helping some folks defeat O&S, and sure enough I was soon in someone else's game...

    We killed a couple of the Knights, then my summoner stopped moving for a bit....he caught my attention, and was pointing down to something he'd dropped...80 Humanities...a nice gift I thought 8)

    Is this sort of thing the norm? Not seen it before, and I'm guessing he was very well stocked on Humanities to be giving 80 away...
    Had something similar happen yesterday with a darkwraith, only he dropped a bunch of other stuff as well, don't know what's going on, maybe it's Christmas in the DkS Universe.

    Haha, it must be! I could understand if it was some armour, or something a bit more....throw away....but Humanity doesn't exactly grow on trees does it? Of course it can be farmed (Depths), but that takes time...and is quite dull (being honest)...


    _________________
    XBL: dark x REPRISAL
    Blessed be thy blade, adherent of the Darkmoon.
    Silver Knight Enforcer of Lordran's Deliverance
    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 25
    Location : San Diego

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 am

    GRUBKiLLER wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    GRUBKiLLER wrote:Mornin' folks, thought I'd share a (rare) experience with y'all...

    Put a summon sign down near the 2nd bonfire in Anor Londo - fancied helping some folks defeat O&S, and sure enough I was soon in someone else's game...

    We killed a couple of the Knights, then my summoner stopped moving for a bit....he caught my attention, and was pointing down to something he'd dropped...80 Humanities...a nice gift I thought 8)

    Is this sort of thing the norm? Not seen it before, and I'm guessing he was very well stocked on Humanities to be giving 80 away...
    Had something similar happen yesterday with a darkwraith, only he dropped a bunch of other stuff as well, don't know what's going on, maybe it's Christmas in the DkS Universe.

    Haha, it must be! I could understand if it was some armour, or something a bit more....throw away....but Humanity doesn't exactly grow on trees does it? Of course it can be farmed (Depths), but that takes time...and is quite dull (being honest)...
    Want to make humanity farming fun? Grab some brochachos and turn rat killing into a mother****ing drinking game!

    Rules are simple, for every humanity dropped someone must take a drink, more than 5 humanity in a single run and everybody must down their drinks entirely. Every 10 or so humanity the controller must change hands, guy who does it the fastest wins after 99 humanity (or multiple stacks) has been collected.

    Go forth!


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Finland

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by FrEyes on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:03 am

    One day a DW invaded me in forest, Dropped 98 titanite slabs and BCed out. I was like WTF? o.0


    _________________
    "Gustavus! Adolphus!
    Libera et impera!
    Acerbus et ingens!
    Augusta per augusta!"
    avatar
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 85
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 38
    Location : England

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by darkREPRISAL on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:14 am

    FrEyes wrote:One day a DW invaded me in forest, Dropped 98 titanite slabs and BCed out. I was like WTF? o.0

    SCORE! Nice result though, eh? Seems there are some generous folks out there...


    _________________
    XBL: dark x REPRISAL
    Blessed be thy blade, adherent of the Darkmoon.
    Silver Knight Enforcer of Lordran's Deliverance
    avatar
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1363
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-05-17
    Age : 31
    Location : XBL The Catacombs

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by ZikoLogiKa NL on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:17 am

    yeah there are many friendly invaders dropping items ,

    but I hate to get summoned by someone who doesn't even gesture,

    but instantly messages , asking for good weapons & souls


    _________________
    avatar
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 85
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 38
    Location : England

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by darkREPRISAL on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 am

    ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:yeah there are many friendly invaders dropping items ,

    but I hate to get summoned by someone who doesn't even gesture,

    but instantly messages , asking for good weapons & souls

    How rude! I'm no DkS veteran by any stretch of the imagination, but even I know that's poor form....


    _________________
    XBL: dark x REPRISAL
    Blessed be thy blade, adherent of the Darkmoon.
    Silver Knight Enforcer of Lordran's Deliverance
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by Federally on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:43 am

    Yeah muled characters, characters with max of all items, are the norm now due to some glitches. So this Christmas in Dark Souls is becoming quite common.


    _________________
    avatar
    The_DoritoNinja
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 55
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-05-05
    Location : Wal-Mart Storage room

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by The_DoritoNinja on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 pm

    Damn wish that happened to me!
    I used all my humanity to heal myself in extended fights in Dark Root Garden.


    _________________
    Xbox GT : A Daunted Wolf

    www.YouTube.com/TheWulfandClown

    my youtube channel for Dark Souls. Watch me as i Better myself and ascend the book of guilty.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by Carphil on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:53 pm

    humanity is always nice to give. I normally give one humanity to any one that I see to be having dificult to play. Invader, host or phantom.

    Sometimes tho, when I try to give one humanity, they will take it and then give me 99 slabs. I bow, Black crystal and then drop all slabs in the abyss


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:04 pm

    @carphil lol! ok. i can see not using the slabs if you're doing a challenge playthrough or something, but for a pvp character take what you can get. i admire your dedication to play the game purely though.


    the reason people are able to do this is cause there is a glitch(wont detail it) but it allows you to keep duping items while in game(no switching files or bbglitch ext). so people can produce as many consumable items as they wish. this is why people are able to keep producing devine blessings with the same save(with bbglitch you would be limited to 99 and whatever you can gather legitimately).
    avatar
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 384
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-05-31
    Age : 37
    Location : Den Bosch, the Netherlands

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by TheBigLebowski on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 am

    I always give stuff if they are helpful. I don't give to beggars.
    avatar
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1279
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Location : Firelink

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by Buggy Virus on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:16 am

    With duping you can easily have infinite humanity. Not that I did it. . .

    So you can really give as much as you want.


    _________________
    *Busy Drawing*
    Xbl: A Buggy Virus
    Whelp, now I have positive rep.
    Reputation : 30
    Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74

    Sponsored content

    Re: Generous coop players...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:41 pm