The Elder Scrolls

ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Lol in Fallout 3 I make it my goal to get to Rivet City at Lvl 1 so as to get the Sci Bobble head and a few other goodies

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:51 pm

My first trip in fallout is always to get Daves rifle and then all the bobbleheads. I must min max my character!

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:08 pm

All I do in Fallout Three is find a nice storage house to call my shelter, and travel the world for treasures and discovery.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:38 am

Getting back to Skyrim (although I love Fallout 3) I had a daft thing happen to me the other day. I was on a quest in a tomb (sorry can't remember the name) to find three bottles. It was a big place with lots of side passages and it was chock full of dreughs and the pace got pretty hectic at times. Anyway to cut a long story short, I'd found 2 out of 3 bottles but couldn't find the third no matter where I looked. I must have gone through the damned place at least half a dozen times until I had the bright idea of using the map to pinpoint where it was (I know, I know I'm a dork sometimes). Well I found the bottle all right. It had got knocked behind this big stone mushroom pedestal and no matter how I tried I couldn't reach it. I managed to jump up onto the pedestal and then down to where it was to get it but then I got stuck and couldn't get back. In the end I had to use my bow and arrow to knock it into a position where I could reach it. Sorry for the long winded post but I think that it's things like this that make Skyrim great.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:44 am

lol geat?! I didnt expect that. I hate it when stuff like that happens. I think I did that quest and have the same thing happen, and i thin ki used the same solution silly

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:54 am

If by "this" you mean the necessity of critical thinking and problem solving skills, I agree, though I like skyrim for more than just inventing creative solutions to bugs.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:If by "this" you mean the necessity of critical thinking and problem solving skills, I agree, though I like skyrim for more than just inventing creative solutions to bugs.

Me too. I especially like the spell that turns you into a dragon. It was hell to find but worth it.:suspect:
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Rin wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I think Elder Scrolls needs a real makeover. New engine, new combat system, learn what good voice acting is, actually do some pre release testing, Quality should be put above quantity, stop dumbing it down (seriously it was easy before, now a 5 year old could breeze it), put in some really meaningful choices into questlines...

I think it's a bad sign when a series, rather than expanding upon what you're able to do with it actually reduces what you can do (the skill reduction comes to mind really). It needs a bit of innovation to freshen it up.

i do not know if you are joking or not...
    1. tes: skyrim was ment to be a ps4/new xbox game but because the 2 consoles had their release date drastically changed they decided to stick with what they have, skyrims engine is amazing.
    2. new combat system wtf spell combos, shouts, dual wield, finish cams and a system thats different to the one used in all the other tes
    3. good voice acting? :shock: whats bad about it??
    4. do pre release testing :| every game dose pre release testing...
    5. ouality!!!! amazing graphics they made every tree different
    6. play on master, well trs was always more bout adventure and story
    so it what way dose it need 'freshening up' if you mean its like other tes but the story if different thats how it is ment to be...

Well.. I wasn't really joking, just kinda exaggerating a lot.

1. Don't get what you mean by engine is amazing? It's a large game and from far everything looks good I'll give it that, something elder scrolls does well.

2. It's not really a different system at all, it's the same shallow combat with a couple of new features. Yes there's finish cams, shouts (though shouts are gonna only be in skyrim but meh), dual wielding and the like, but it's not a better system, it's just finally done some things that should have been possible a long time ago. I suppose I'm just sick of swinging my sword like it's made of paper and receiving damage from a blocked attack.

3. I've just never liked the voice acting really. Only Sir Patrick Stewart in oblivion and that's just because he's a very good actor.. I always find it very disjointed and emotionless, and always with a flat tone too. I know others agree, but this one's kind just personal taste I think silly

4. I'm sorry but I'm sure they do a tiny bit (I was exaggerating this lol) , but for bigger games needs more testing. I mean I loaded up skyrim in my new PS3 and it froze while I was still in the cart taking you to execution at the beginning. In only the 20 hours I've played it (because I got bored with it) I found numerous glitches. I think maybe they just do it on purpose and leave glitches in because it's that bad honestly.

5. Yeah, I suppose I didn't make this clear. I mean they expand the world, but fail to bother making the things that are important better. The only major changes they made were to add in shouts and take out a load of skills, and the latter was more prominent obviously. They should focus more on improving combat a bit, make the minor quests more interesting among other things. I think the release on the next generation console will give them the chance to roll the dice a bit though I'm sure.

I just want them to really innovate because the series is a bit stale. You know exactly what you're gonna get with the elder scrolls. I think it needs to put in some new ideas and mix it up a bit to make the series more engaging.

Apologies for the long post, I just wanted to clarify what I meant beyond doubt. I realise some of my points are just nitpicking, but there are a lot of things bethesda could do with the series, that they just seem too lazy to do, instead trying to make it so more people buy it.. And the critics still lap it up every time.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    4. I'm sorry but I'm sure they do a tiny bit (I was exaggerating this lol) , but for bigger games needs more testing. I mean I loaded up skyrim in my new PS3 and it froze while I was still in the cart taking you to execution at the beginning. In only the 20 hours I've played it (because I got bored with it) I found numerous glitches. I think maybe they just do it on purpose and leave glitches in because it's that bad honestly.
    I have to agree here. My first try eneded up with the game freezing when Alduin attacking Helghen. Ive been paranoid about that part ever since.

KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:34 pm

hate to breaK it to you folks but with the MMo coming out this could very well be the death of the Elder Scrolls series

Welcome To Chernaus - http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4981p15-day-z-komraddakkas-journal#91882

Komradds Kafe - Music and discussion 24/7 - http://www.synchtube.com/r/komradd#
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:36 pm

KomradDakka wrote:hate to breaK it to you folks but with the MMo coming out this could very well be the death of the Elder Scrolls series

which mmo?

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:39 pm

The Elder Scrolls MMO.

KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    KomradDakka wrote:hate to breaK it to you folks but with the MMo coming out this could very well be the death of the Elder Scrolls series

which mmo?

this one

Welcome To Chernaus - http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4981p15-day-z-komraddakkas-journal#91882

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:44 pm

LOL they're gonna do a glitched out MMO? Well that's gonna be absolutely awful, though their boring generic quests and attitude suit MMOs to be fair silly

But no way will they stop the main series. You don't scrap a series when it ships 7 million copies in it's first week, it's just plain stupidity.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Serious_Much wrote:LOL they're gonna do a glitched out MMO? Well that's gonna be absolutely awful, though their boring generic quests and attitude suit MMOs to be fair silly

But no way will they stop the main series. You don't scrap a series when it ships 7 million copies in it's first week, it's just plain stupidity.

I think it will

think about it. MMOs are all about beating lots of bosses and basically achieving "demi-god" status with all the sweet loot you collect. After going from one side of tamriel to the other and mopping up all of the cannon gods, goddesess, and other monsters there wont be anything left. why do you thing they dont make warcraft games anymore? because they destroyed everything cannon in WoW.

And while its glitchy, and full of bugs, its still a good game that i would gladly play. go bash somewhere else if you dont like it.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Really? I don't think because of that they can't make any more games for the series, there's a good reason for that.

Thing is like most people would agree, the elder scrolls series is based heavily on the story (while I say many quests can be boring, the main quest and story I always enjoy, they're nicely paced and written, just to say I'm not a hater, I just get annoyed with the games a bit silly ), but because of this element they can keep going. The online will be in one timeline in a certain year, but the game series can be in a different world/time.

The series world has gradually come through time, I think skyrim is set like 10-15 years after oblivion? They can keep pushing through the series and different stories and areas as much as they like in the main series whilst avoiding plot conflict with the online game. Like I said with the sales, they definitely don't lack the monetary motivation to keep making the main series and I don't think it will end.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm

lol skyrim is set 200 years after oblivion. In addition the MMO is set in the second era, a few thousand years ago. And they are basically ignoring the lore of the time to make it happen.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Seriously 200 years? Damn I really don't read those books thoroughly enough do I? silly Anyway.... moving on:

Based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSSwuKsPKI&feature=player_embedded .It seems to me that they're gonna separate the classes into certain areas that you begin in and adventure there before exploring other areas. This kinda hints that it's before tamriel society truly integrated together, as dough says it's a stupidly long time ago. They might even be fighting with rocks on the end of wooden poles silly

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Haha ston age tech could be fun. I think it is during the reaign on the empire (or I could be getting my eras wrong) but the world is split into 3 factions, The aldmeri dominmion 9which didnt exist back then), the empire (which did) and the ebon pact (made of 3 people who hate each other).

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Also remember that arena is just the 1 continent. There are others, most notably the continent the akaviri come from and the continent redguards are originally from.

KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:23 pm

the aldmeri dominion didnt exist, but with Dragon breaks and CHIM it can!

KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Also remember that arena is just the 1 continent. There are others, most notably the continent the akaviri come from and the continent redguards are originally from.

yeah, Atmora is to the north and theres also summerset

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:46 pm

The aldmeir dominion did exsist, its specificly mentioned as the reformation of the aldmeiri dominion that fought the empire.

Cant be reformed if it didn't exsist before hand.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:17 pm

I found a secret cut scene from Skyrim. Right after Savos Aren dies you can trigger it. I couldn't record it but here's the transcript.

College of Winterhold Board of Directors meeting:
    Board member one- It is with great sadness that I must relate the passing of Savos Aren. It is now our duty to find another Arch Mage.
    Bm 2- What candidates do we have?
    Bm 3- I would like to nominate Kolfdir. No other mage knows as much about the college as he. He has contributed greatly and has a genuine love of the college and every student
    Bm 4- I second that
    Bm 5- Excellent choice board member three
    Bm 6- What about that new guy?
    Bm 1- Well, let's discuss his qualifications. How long has he been here?
    Bm 4- About a week I believe
    Bm 1- And what knows he of daily operations, budgets and hierarchy of the college
    Bm 3- Next to nothing I believe
    Bm 1- Ok. And how much research has he conducted for the college?
    Bm 4- He actually helped cause our current crisis on his first field trip
    Bm 1- Oh. I see. And how much magic does he know, to pass on to future generations?
    Bm 5- He's adept, but not expert at enchanting and not even adept with any other school.
    Bm 1- Not very impressive. How dedicated is he to learning?
    Bm 3- He actually walked in with heavy armor, a sword and a shield
    Bm 1- Shall we vote?
    Scene cuts to secret ballot taking place....

Bm 1- By a vote of six to zero, our new Arch Mage is.....the new guy. Let's have Kolfdir tell him
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 pm

By the order of the Mad God Sheogorath, this thread is to live, until he decides to derail it and talk about Kittens. Plus Necromancy is just so much fun.
    Necrobump!
    I've recently gotten back into Skyrim, the tick to turning this game from 3.5 stars into 4.5 is to simply turn the HUD off (HUD opacity) serious game changer, its like Skyrims hardcore mode. You forget to fast travel and notice the world much more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 am