Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
omega Elf
dancash1808
Federally
WyrmHero
Hahalo
Yukon
dwx
Tolvo
LordRevan
Forum Pirate
BindMind
15 posters

What is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP?

BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP? Empty What is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP?

Post by BindMind Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:10 am

Hey guys, BindMind again.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a newbie in terms of PvP. I only REALLY started doing it about a month or two ago, but I'll say I've gained quite a bit of knowledge over that time.

What I'm wondering, however, is you guys' opinions on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP.

New to PvP, I quickly learned that healing via humanity and estus flasks during a PvP match is concidered bad conduct, and is generally frowned upon. However, I saw no issue with Great Heal, as it's an ability you must spec towards in order to obtain. It also has a very long cast time, so it's hard to pull off, and the opponent would have to be pretty careless to let someone heal.

I, personally, see nothing wrong with it, but I refrain from using it purely because I believe others do not like it. But now I'm asking the communty: what are your thoughts?

PS: this is in regards to "honorable" PvP, and not playthrough invasions.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP? Empty Re: What is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP?

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:12 am

No problem with it myself
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP? Empty Re: What is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP?

Post by LordRevan Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 am

For me I think it's absolutely fine. If you let someone use it, well it's your fault. It easily gives time for you to be stopped, backstabbed or killed while casting.

Also if someone was to fun away and heal as an invader. Well so what? You got more estus than he has casts (I hope). So really it just restarts the fight.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:14 am

Well, while healing during a duel is usually a no no personally the heal spells I'll let slide. Because you make yourself vulnerable of course. The only issue is people could confuse it for TwoP, which could cause them to throw all ideas of duel out the window and instead just try to kill you in any way possible. That's the real issue with that spell. If you pop it off they'll realize it was a heal. But if they catch you half way it will look like you were trying to cast TwoP and they stopped you. It's a tough call really, very situational.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:21 am

Tolvo wrote:Well, while healing during a duel is usually a no no personally the heal spells I'll let slide. Because you make yourself vulnerable of course. The only issue is people could confuse it for TwoP, which could cause them to throw all ideas of duel out the window and instead just try to kill you in any way possible. That's the real issue with that spell. If you pop it off they'll realize it was a heal. But if they catch you half way it will look like you were trying to cast TwoP and they stopped you. It's a tough call really, very situational.

I can see how that could be a problem.

But assuming they know it's a heal, it is generally fine. But it can vary player to player of course. So if you are organizing something just make sure everybody is clear on the rules.
    dwx

Post by dwx Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:53 am

I've played quite a bit of PvP the last few weeks and I can't remember anyone in a 1v1 match using the Heal miracle. I have no problem with people using it, it takes quite a long while to cast. Most guys I see using it are 2v1 where they have someone else to occupy you while they cast it.

What I've seen a lot of recently is invaders using divine blessings. I had one guy use like 6 in a single PvP match...and a whole bunch of invaders use them as opposed to running off and using a humanity. Without a glitch I think there are only 6 you can get in an entire playthrough...
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:57 am

I think the problem with humanity and flasking is that you can have stupid amounts for a single invasion. You can heal yourself 99 times with humanity, 20 times with flasks. So in my opinion, if you don't have the healing spells stacked to 3 or 5 times Its perfectly logical.

Spell, flasks, and humanity all take time, and you have to be paying little attention to let any of them go unpunished, I try not to ever give enough room for a flask to go unpunished between an invadee and me, and humanity takes even longer than flasking.

If its dueling with a red soap stone, dragon stone, or in fight clubs you are worried about I would say only use them if you intend to allow the other player to full heal as well. But fighting randoms I don't see a problem with any of the 3 you mentioned, unless you are a host clutch healing for your phantoms or using any one of them more than once in a fight.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:23 am

Here's what my concept in PVP since Demon Souls to Dark Souls.

If people managed to Grass/Heal = The player is Good or you're a bad player.

If people managed to grass/heal for whole game and you cant kill him = You really are a bad player/ probably new to PVP.

Why I have this opinion?

Seasoned players have no problem killing opponent within 3-5seconds, and
    they are experienced to Not allow opportunity for opponent to grass/heal.

Grassing/Healing is risky business, and a combat skill, if face with seasoned
    players, your life can end instantly by grassing at wrong time. Vice
    versa, you putting down your opponent.

Finally for etiquette vice, I normally wouldn't grass/heal unless my opponent is a jacka-ss.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:37 am

^me too. Great Heal is *** slow for PvP, I recommend Replenishment before the start of a fight, it gives you 600 HP in 1 minute and it's amazing for duels. If I find someone casting Great Heal while fighting me I'll shrugWhat is your opinion on the "Great Heal" miracle in PvP? 3358384175 and eat a DB lol.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:00 am

If I'm in a situation where its a duel I don't heal at all, unless they break that rule first. Healing just doesn't have a place in a duel as far as I'm concerned.

Now in the normal play through invasions I abide by no rules and eclectic the same from my opponent.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:34 am

If someone heals during a fight with me I will pop a humanity and pressure them as much as I can. soon as someone has healed then all rules are off as far as I am concerned.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:16 pm

seems like a useless spell to me, anyway i don't believe their should be healing in a duel, if i see someone heal i'll either heal too or discontinue the fight
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:32 pm

I heal and then go hyper aggressive no mercy backstab mode.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Hahalo wrote:Here's what my concept in PVP since Demon Souls to Dark Souls.

If people managed to Grass/Heal = The player is Good or you're a bad player.

If people managed to grass/heal for whole game and you cant kill him = You really are a bad player/ probably new to PVP.

Why I have this opinion?

Seasoned players have no problem killing opponent within 3-5seconds, and
    they are experienced to Not allow opportunity for opponent to grass/heal.

Grassing/Healing is risky business, and a combat skill, if face with seasoned
    players, your life can end instantly by grassing at wrong time. Vice
    versa, you putting down your opponent.

Finally for etiquette vice, I normally wouldn't grass/heal unless my opponent is a jacka-ss.

If someone flasks I'll have them dead in five or less seconds. But divine blessing glitching is near impossible to beat unless they have low enough poise to stun them in one hit.

Try fighting a divine blessing glitcher, it's awful.

OT: Miracles are all fine.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Yeah most DB glitchers are *** trolls. I admit I have lots of DB but I'm a responsible DB glitcher and I never use them unless my opponent heals or I'm part of a gank. It's like you are healing with humanity or estus....what? ***** please, *DB into my mouth*
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:20 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Yeah most DB glitchers are *** trolls. I admit I have lots of DB but I'm a responsible DB glitcher and I never use them unless my opponent heals or I'm part of a gank. It's like you are healing with humanity or estus....what? ***** please, *DB into my mouth*

If someone is PvEing and they heal you really can't still justify using DBs. Even if they start using humanity DB are still amazingly unfair.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Indeed, I admit they are game breaking....now I don't want to use them :/
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Ok I'll only use them if my opponent uses 1 or I'm ganked.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:24 pm

And +1 for making me play fair happy .
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Where do you even get divine blessings? Forest hunting? That must take a long time.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't think so.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 pm

wait, since when do you get them as a reward from FH'ing you only get the 1 from alvina once In my experience (I have like 30 pendants across my FH's but Ive never had a DB)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 pm

If you got 30 pendants then I don't think you can get them FHing.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Hehe, yeah. lots of assorted chunks though xD maybe something happens once I get 99 on all 10 characters big grin
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 pm

I fought a few people who used the great heal miracle in duels. They're completely dumbasses, still, sometimes they got the kill

Kiln, red dude invades, bow and we start fighting, then when he starts losing, he run away to the black knights. I follow him and notice that he stops to cast great heal, okay no problem, I BS him, but he did not died. For some danm lag reason, he could heal all health before even kneeling.

I was at Ng+3, and the red invader plus two black knights stunlock me to death. Fair? I don't think so.

About divine blessings, everytime I fight someone who eat a divine blessing after being hit for 300 damage, I suicide or black crystal. They are not worth of my time.

"but I like people who have 99 divine blessings! this way we can make longers fights like in Demons!"

What about me who never glitched? They take 1 second to heal with DB while I take 3 seconds with humanity?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm