MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Share

    Poll

    Which is the better wpn

    [ 7 ]
    23% [23%] 
    [ 2 ]
    7% [7%] 
    [ 13 ]
    43% [43%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    7% [7%] 
    [ 6 ]
    20% [20%] 

    Total Votes: 30
    avatar
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 533
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-03-17
    Location : United States of Daku Souru

    MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by lordgodofhell on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:07 pm


    Ok, I tried to go to the chat for help, but those crazy ppl are so random I never get a cohesive response lol. No offense

    It has been said that a split AR is worse than a single AR. Basically elemental is worse than standard at certain levels. I understand this.

    It is also common knowledge that there is less defense against elemental attack than physical attack across the board. Less shields and less armor have adequate elemental defense as apposed to physical def. I also get this.

    It is also in our Dark Souls text books (you did get one right?) that S rank is the highest and therefore best rank to scale with. Got ya here too.

    With these things being said, and the fact that practically no one carries great magic barrier on hand, would it be fitting to declare that with not only S scaling BUT also a PURE magic AR which is high, that the MLGS with its "anti runner" magic fling is in fact the best weapon in this game?

    Debate
    bounce


    Last edited by lordgodofhell on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN GAJTHEGHOST

    The Pantheon

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by User on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:08 pm

    The best weapon of all, is not on the list:

    The User
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 pm

    Overall, yeah, I'd agree, the MLGS is the best melee weapon in the game.

    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Carphil on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm

    Its actually the Greatsword of Artorias winking


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by User on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm

    Second to the user, it is the egg head, rivaled only by skull lantern.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Ghadis_God on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:24 pm

    My faith build carries GMB (it's useful against DMB), and the MLGS has low base damage so it only does in the 400's in AR even at +5 and 50 INT. S scaling a little more than doubles base AR with scaling stat at 40, not an exact statistic but a general rule I've found using Pris's dagger and the MLGS. It is more powerful than normal 400's weapons because of the Mresist generally being lower, but I can get my Mresist up around 300 using a mix of armor and robes as is my usual build. I'd only say it's the equivalent of the GLGS on a 40/30 build, which is formidable but not "best".


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    OcelotRigz
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-05-31
    Location : Ireland

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by OcelotRigz on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:25 pm

    I have to ask, what is the MLGS?

    When i first glanced at the topic i thought it said "MGS Best Weapon In The Game" as in "Metal Gear Solid" and was like 'wait....what?'.

    So anwyay, whats the MLGS? Im still getting used to all these acronyms.
    (please dont be something blatantly obvious)


    _________________
    "You're so beautiful, like a tree or a high-class prostitute."

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by User on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm

    Moonlight Greatsword, I think it means
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

    Was GVD or sevenout not on? they're usually pretty helpful...

    MLGS is one of the better weapons, but it's got massive weaknesses to shields and certain magics.

    There is no one "best" weapon in my opinion.. except the BKGA, but that's just because FROM messed that weapon up.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 533
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-03-17
    Location : United States of Daku Souru

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by lordgodofhell on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:29 pm

    OcelotRigz wrote:I have to ask, what is the MLGS?

    When i first glanced at the topic i thought it said "MGS Best Weapon In The Game" as in "Metal Gear Solid" and was like 'wait....what?'.

    So anwyay, whats the MLGS? Im still getting used to all these acronyms.
    (please dont be something blatantly obvious)


    It is the acronym for Moonlight Great Sword. I am lazy so I did not spell it out.


    _________________
    PSN GAJTHEGHOST

    The Pantheon
    avatar
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 533
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-03-17
    Location : United States of Daku Souru

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by lordgodofhell on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:Was GVD or sevenout not on? they're usually pretty helpful...

    MLGS is one of the better weapons, but it's got massive weaknesses to shields and certain magics.

    There is no one "best" weapon in my opinion.. except the BKGA, but that's just because FROM messed that weapon up.

    Serious 99% of the time I agree with you, but BKGA??? aka please parry me now or backstab me. That wpn so over rated lol

    Also, hows the tour going? what stage you at bruh?


    _________________
    PSN GAJTHEGHOST

    The Pantheon
    avatar
    OcelotRigz
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-05-31
    Location : Ireland

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by OcelotRigz on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 pm

    Acidic_Cook wrote:Moonlight Greatsword, I think it means
    Thanks man.

    And yep, blatantly obvious, in fact i was looking at it today after getting it from that 'Seath the Scaleless' guy last night.


    _________________
    "You're so beautiful, like a tree or a high-class prostitute."
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:36 pm

    It hasn't started yet, I've just begun organising it, need more people to take up the bosses on the playthrough lol.

    And well yes, that's it's main weakness the parry, but for such a powerful and heavy weapon, it's fast, so BS is less likely for it than something like an ultra GS etc. The only reason it's not as bad is because most good players don't use it, if they did would be rather worrying sight in my opinion silly

    It is overrated, but in terms of it's stats are too good. It is overall one of the best weapons, and you know you could argue it, any weapon is parry able and can be used against someone to BS them, thats the thing, not just BKGA


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 22

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by dancash1808 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm

    I disagree, I would always go with something that can be buffed. also I like weapons with R2 attacks rather than ranged attacks I could get with a catalyst/talisman MLGS is great but not the best.


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:39 pm

    The best weapon in the game is the Lightning Zweihander.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:42 pm

    dancash1808 wrote:I disagree, I would always go with something that can be buffed. also I like weapons with R2 attacks rather than ranged attacks I could get with a catalyst/talisman MLGS is great but not the best.

    Buffs are sort altering the weapon, so I don't think they should be considered. It's like if you say a Lightning Shortsword is the best weapon in the game, that shouldn't count because you're completely changing the weapon.

    So the weapon you'd argue for the best would have to be the weapon at +15 unbuffed, if you say the Claymore +15 is the best weapon then that's one thing, because buffs change so much. A Claymore at +15 is a Claymore at +15, but if I put the Magic Weapon buff on it, it won't best as strong as if I buff it with a DMB+3, but the base weapon itself isn't changed. Just what you are adding to it.

    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:42 pm

    But seriously I think FROM has a obsession with Moonlight, being that in their past games the Moonlight Sword was the ultimate sword (much like Ultima Weapon from FF). And in Demon's Souls there's the Large Sword of Moonlight which scales S with Faith so I think your theory is correct.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:But seriously I think FROM has a obsession with Moonlight, being that in their past games the Moonlight Sword was the ultimate sword (much like Ultima Weapon from FF). And in Demon's Souls there's the Large Sword of Moonlight which scales S with Faith so I think your theory is correct.

    Yeah apparently in every game they have a moonlight weapon that is amazing.

    Also don't forget the large sword of moonlight ignored shields on Demon's, was ridiculous


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 533
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-03-17
    Location : United States of Daku Souru

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by lordgodofhell on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:20 pm

    looks like I have viable opinion here!

    And yes serious I totally see your point there. I have just been using the MLGS as of late and noticed how my kill to death has increased in pvp and smo and O are cake with it.

    Buffs dont count guys. They are not the weapons. They are temporary additions to a weapon.


    _________________
    PSN GAJTHEGHOST

    The Pantheon
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:29 pm

    Yeah, the MLGS is horrible against in PvP as you always have much lower defence than that of your physical. It has 480~ AR pure magic, but in my opinion that compared to Physical AR is probably more like 500-550, so really powerful.

    also, because it's magic damage, it staggers faster than physical (I think), which also makes it horrible as it will just stunlock you in PvP and has a long range wirde R2 attack... I can see why it could be classed as very good or even the best weapon to be fair, it's certainly a nasty one.

    Thing is to me though, if you come up against a guy who has something like crest shield or GMB, it really makes things a lot more difficult for you, though a spare chaos weapon or something could solve that problem easily.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 281
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-03-07

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Sebastrd on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:30 pm

    I'm terrible at PvP, and I've never been killed by a buffed weapon. I seemed to get a lot better when I started using the MLGS with 50 Int, due to it bypassing many shields and it's beastly stunlock ability.

    Take that for what it's worth...


    _________________
    GT: Sebastrd
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 pm

    Why aren't halberds on the list?! G. Halberd can be NASTY. If you hit, it does crazy damage, super fast, and it has GIANT range. As long as you don't miss, it's AMAZING.

    Oh well, I've preached this in other threads. I won't do it now. But I haven't had big problems with the MLGS or any greatsword for that matter. I've only been killed by my stupid mistakes. Really, it's on par with all the other GS's because two hits with anyone means getting staggered, which means they'll then kill you on the third or fourth hit. Unless u have over 110 poise, any GS is really on par with the MLGS. The MLGS's stagger points just linger a bit more or something something something.

    I just don't see anything that gives it a super good advantage, as defense can be overcame with higher AR's. Because of this, once you get to SL 80+, all the weapons can overcome quite a bit of defense, making the MLGS not do a crazy amount more than any other GS. Maybe a 100 or 150 if my guessing is correct. That isn't that much considering how slow the GS's are, even the MLGS and the claymore.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by befowler on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 pm

    Yeah, I have to throw gargoyle halberd in there also -- I'm terrible with it myself, but it is brutal in the right hands. I definitely fear it more than MLGS, although I agree From may well have intended the MLGS to be the "best." In a weird way because it's so powerful and easy to use, players that rely on it don't seem to develop other pvp skills or instincts as well.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Knight Alundil on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

    I also think a weapon that isn't on the list is the best in the game; and it's one I don't actually have a toon using atm. The mace.

    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by cloudyeki on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:But seriously I think FROM has a obsession with Moonlight, being that in their past games the Moonlight Sword was the ultimate sword (much like Ultima Weapon from FF). And in Demon's Souls there's the Large Sword of Moonlight which scales S with Faith so I think your theory is correct.

    It's even the best blade in their Armored Core games, with an extremely difficult boss using it in mid to late game.

    It really isn't the weapon that makes your enemy scary. It's how they use it. Because when I see git's fishing I'm not scared at all. Just bored senseless. Fighting against a guy who can fight locked off and fling those getsuga's accurately at my face and I'll be scared ****.

    That said, Why the hell aren't ANY pole arms on that list!


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!

    Sponsored content

    Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:55 pm