Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
FinPeku
OcelotRigz
evilinvader
TheBigLebowski
User
LD_Soze
10 posters

My Four Kings Experience First Playthrough

LD_Soze

My Four Kings Experience First Playthrough Empty My Four Kings Experience First Playthrough

Post by LD_Soze Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 am

First let me say I really like this forum.....So after playing with several characters and different builds up to about Anor Londo and SL50 or so I decided to finish my NG with a sorcerer buiild. I head off to New Londo feeling very confident after my destruction of S&O and my black eye incasion of Lautrec

I equip my shiny new RoFP and put on Havel's chestpiece for some extra poise and magic defense and head into the abyss. Oh yeah this is after getting owned by ghosts about a half a dozen times. I get my Homing Soul Mass ready and que up Soul Spear. I'm like nice !! almost 2000 damage first 2 hits this is gonna be easy. Hmm..whats that purple glowing thing he's got going on - np I can dodge this..oh wait I guess you can't dodge it. Maybe I have time for a flask this guy seems to be slowing down.. WAIT he;s sucking me in..I'm in a vice grip and get out..WTF dead.

OK so you get the idea. Finally on my 26th attempt (yes I counted) I dump the RoFP (I don't care that it broke) and equip my trust Bellowing Dragoncrest. I ducked I dodged I flasked and I burned those suckers down pretty fast.

So feeling confident after my victory I head over to Duke's. I mean after the Kings how hard can it be.....but that's another story

Thanks for reading
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My Four Kings Experience First Playthrough Empty Re: My Four Kings Experience First Playthrough

Post by User Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 am

Welcome to the Forum, if I did not say hi; Have fun in the dukes, Seath will give you a fry. There might be some crystals, there might be some meth; Don't feel bad, there are some clams of death.

Good luck, I recommend one thing to you; wear the purple ring of sacrifice, just in case it does not work for you when you see Seath. The map is large, and is a labyrinth of wisdom. Make sure you watch your step, as you are bound to fall.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My Four Kings Experience First Playthrough Empty Re: My Four Kings Experience First Playthrough

Post by User Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:59 am

After reading back, I realized that I made a terrible replication of a rhyme. Look Skyward
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am

They are so piss easy. I had trouble in the beginning (as many others), but when u learn to dodge (it's even pretty fun to dodge their pathetic attacks) they are an easy win. Don't ever summon Beatrice.

And yes with the dragoncrest ring and a pyro+5 they are toast (got minutes time in between the kings that way).

Since I understand their pattern I have helped more than 200 people (no joke, counted them) with 4Kings. The only ones that go wrong are the ones people summon Beat. But not always.

I had more trouble with Bed of Chaos sometimes walking more than 10 times back from the bonfire to that stupid "puzzle" boss wiping my *** in a pit again and again lol.

Seath is easy when u have good curse resist (the Gwyn set has tremendous curse resist and lets you just walk through the "cursed" spikes with no problem so you can attack him anytime. (I believe the Gwyn set has a curse resist of around 100 and that with the cursebite ring makes it easy)
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:36 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:They are so piss easy. I had trouble in the beginning (as many others), but when u learn to dodge (it's even pretty fun to dodge their pathetic attacks) they are an easy win. Don't ever summon Beatrice.

And yes with the dragoncrest ring and a pyro+5 they are toast (got minutes time in between the kings that way).

Since I understand their pattern I have helped more than 200 people (no joke, counted them) with 4Kings. The only ones that go wrong are the ones people summon Beat. But not always.

I had more trouble with Bed of Chaos sometimes walking more than 10 times back from the bonfire to that stupid "puzzle" boss wiping my *** in a pit again and again lol.

Seath is easy when u have good curse resist (the Gwyn set has tremendous curse resist and lets you just walk through the "cursed" spikes with no problem so you can attack him anytime. (I believe the Gwyn set has a curse resist of around 100 and that with the cursebite ring makes it easy)

Yeah, like my "strategy" with Light spear +4. I run right to the first king, with y grass root shield on my back and hit him like crazy. Took me two tries. Second try was the good one.

I realized in my first playthrough that the area was harder than most bosses and some minions were even harder sometimes.

The only boss that I had a really hard time were the gargoyles and Capra demon, on my first playthrough. And I totally DESPISE Giant Centipede...stupid framerate and graphics bugs.
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Well i went in with another guy and we took them down pretty easily, their attacks can be easily dodged by rolling into them towards their right arm and rolling back from the magic explosion thingy they do.
    Im just after completing the Crystal Cave last night, also with help, Seath was seemingly easy, we just got behind him kicked the crap outta him. I guess most bosses are going to be a helluva lot easier with help anyway.

So far the hardest boss by far was Capra Demon, i spent a whole day dying to that bastard. Even when i had help it didnt matter because i died as soon as i entered. Then ironically i got help, after building up my stamina i managed to get by and then the guy i summoned killed him with like two swings, i was like "Whaaaat!!".
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 pm

OcelotRigz wrote:Well i went in with another guy and we took them down pretty easily, their attacks can be easily dodged by rolling into them towards their right arm and rolling back from the magic explosion thingy they do.
    Im just after completing the Crystal Cave last night, also with help, Seath was seemingly easy, we just got behind him kicked the crap outta him. I guess most bosses are going to be a helluva lot easier with help anyway.

So far the hardest boss by far was Capra Demon, i spent a whole day dying to that bastard. Even when i had help it didnt matter because i died as soon as i entered. Then ironically i got help, after building up my stamina i managed to get by and then the guy i summoned killed him with like two swings, i was like "Whaaaat!!".

Capra is a real bastard! But with a 100% physical block shield it's very easy as long as you kill the damn dogs first. But it's a hard one.

My only summoning story was with the Gargoyles, thanks to Solaire!

TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

I once threw an alluring skull into the fog gate just before Capra Demon, then I entered, the two dogs just ran towards the skull area lol. That gave me time to run up the stairs.

I really hated CapraDemon the 1st playthrough, but luckily there was enough help too via summon signs.

Oh yeah and the centipede thing is an awful boss. A giant custerf*ck sometimes with all his tentacles and legs and framerate issues. lol.
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:08 pm

evilinvader wrote:
    OcelotRigz wrote:Well i went in with another guy and we took them down pretty easily, their attacks can be easily dodged by rolling into them towards their right arm and rolling back from the magic explosion thingy they do.

Capra is a real bastard! But with a 100% physical block shield it's very easy as long as you kill the damn dogs first. But it's a hard one.

So you did every other boss solo?
    I know its not impossible and many guys have done it, but i just cant imagine facing some of these bosses by myself, especially Smough & Ornstein. The only bosses i tried solo were Capra and Gargoyles, and they destroyed me, although i beat the boss in the catacombs by myself, very easy boss in my opinion. For every other boss i have summoned a guy.

I havent faced this "Centipede" boss yet, i must be close though as i figure im nearing the end of the game.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 pm

I never solo'ed Smough and Ornstein either. I needed a distraction.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:20 pm

I did my first playthrough completely offline and soloed every boss. It was hard and took so much time, but i recommend it for everyone. It is the most rewarding and satisfying way to complete this game in my opinion. Learning by trial and error is the salt of this game. In both PvE and PvP.
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:26 pm

OcelotRigz wrote:
    evilinvader wrote:

So you did every other boss solo?
    I know its not impossible and many guys have done it, but i just cant imagine facing some of these bosses by myself, especially Smough & Ornstein. The only bosses i tried solo were Capra and Gargoyles, and they destroyed me, although i beat the boss in the catacombs by myself, very easy boss in my opinion. For every other boss i have summoned a guy.

I havent faced this "Centipede" boss yet, i must be close though as i figure im nearing the end of the game.

Honestly? yes I did...and I realised that it's a kind of an achievment and yes, i'm proud! bounce But my first save, before I sold Dark Souls in december (because of all the anger issues I had with this damn game...) i was very sucky.

but when i re-bought it, I was prepare and ready to retrieve the old school gamer I was. F**k tutorials, I was going to play it alone!

I played offline the whole time except when I joined Gravelord on my NG+, last monday. Since then , I like to play online.

I had a LOT of trouble with Giant Centipede. I summoned Solaire but he was kill both times so I deceided to try alone.

But for the rest, I summoned Solaire for the gargoyles. And that's all. Oorsntein and Smough? being a Pyro, it wasn't that hard, i think. I killed Ornstein first, with the pyro and after, Smough was cool to do!
    HumanSuit

Post by HumanSuit Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:55 pm

The four kings was my FAVORITE fight on my first playthrough. I was a Tanking knight with a BKH and only a steel protection ring. (being my first playthrough I had no idea you could take off the abyssal ring) I had no help other than summoning beatrice, who died immediately, before even making it to the abyss. So I went it alone and ended up fighting all of them for roughly 10 minutes straight. Dodging, running, a slap here and there. It seemed like it took forever. I was so jacked on adrenaline, though. I just wanted to do it again and again. I was very pleased.
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Well fairplay to anyone who solo'd this game, your sense of achievement is understandable and justified in my opinion.
    I guess how you experience each boss depends on your build, thats one of the many beauties of this game, its so diverse, everything has a weakness and with the right approach one players most daunting enemy can be defeated with relative ease by another player.

I solo'd Demons Souls as it was less active than this game and i didnt care for online at the time anyway. Man did i feel good after that, even though the last boss was ridiculously easy. I doubt i'll have the same satisfaction after i finish this game, but it will feel good nonetheless and, unlike Demons Souls, i will be eager to get into ng+ and do it all again, while being more active in the online aspect.
    RedBomberX

Post by RedBomberX Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:09 pm

I've never understood why so many have a prob with them. I beat them on my VERY first attempt. Pretty much jjust tanked them with my +5 Dragon greatsword. On NG+ I diied once. I didn't really have a problem with them until NG+ 5 or so. I'm on NG+ 7 right now, and i've been having the most trouble with him than I have on any other boss...ever. Tanking him just isn't cutting it anymore it would seem. And i'm on SL 256.
    LD_Soze

Post by LD_Soze Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:51 am

"I had no idea you could take off the abyssal ring"

Wait - do you mean I can remove the ring once I'm down there ? I thought I would die if removed no matter what
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Op I love your post as its very funny and mirrors experiences of my own perfectly. I happily defeated the 4 Kings my first try but I had similar experiences in other areas!

Also beware of the clams. They are the bane of my existence, for some reason I cant kill them for nothing. I just don't understand why I'm so awful against them!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Because you don't have a hammer like I do.
    Bunsen074

Post by Bunsen074 Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Four kings is the only boss I've been having trouble with on new game+. I'm SL125 or so, and went through most of NG+ no problem except for once when I died during S&O attempting to leave Ornstein for last to get his soul. I even went in to four kings thinking that it was gonna be the one boss to give me trouble, and I was right. I'm doing it first of all the lord souls so I can join the darkwraith covenant, and it's really the only area i can go to make any progress. Really sucks. People seem to say that the lightning spear works well. Can anyone confirm that? I have a lightning spear+5.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm