Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Rin
ThatPerson
FattyOfDoom
Shkar
eminusx
Eolan
Reaperfan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
Federally
Baldor Ostarv
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Serious_Much
billy_bayonet
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
DoughGuy
Madara
24 posters

Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk

Poll

Daughter of Seath and Dusk?

[ 5 ]
    Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 17 ]
    Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap41%Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap24%Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [24%] 

Total Votes: 41
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 Empty Re: Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 am

Thar could be right except that the berenike knights in Sens and the parish show their journey. They came from somewhere and travelled to anor londo ergo they couldnt have been put there by Seath.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk  - Page 3 Empty Re: Priscilla is most likely the Daughter of Seath and Dusk

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 am

DoughGuy wrote:Thar could be right except that the berenike knights in Sens and the parish show their journey. They came from somewhere and travelled to anor londo ergo they couldnt have been put there by Seath.
    Thats a very good point....hmmmm.....this is confusing silly Perhaps they did make it to the Archives to slay Seath just as he was going insane but were captured? I mean the archives is the final frontier after anor londo really so perhaps they made it there at some point? Perhaps they were ordered by Gwyndolin to slay Seath, because after anor londo goes into twilight you see that one of the tower knights was a berenike knight. This entire discussion based solely on speculation silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:24 am

Then why is Tarkus dead just before the painting? He was the strongest of them bar berenike himself (yes berenike is a person, not a country). He fell after he escaped the painting, most probably from bleeding out after fighting Pris.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:31 am

DoughGuy wrote:Then why is Tarkus dead just before the painting? He was the strongest of them bar berenike himself (yes berenike is a person, not a country). He fell after he escaped the painting, most probably from bleeding out after fighting Pris.
    I think so. perhaps Tarkus joined Oscar on his quest in order to save his comrades in the painted world. They had all hollowed by then so he goes to fight priscilla only to barely make it back alive, and die beside the painting.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:34 am

Honestly I cant see the berenikes being used by Seath. Its just too illogical, sorry mate. While it looks like Oscar and Tarkus fought together there are vids of Oscar fighting the iron golem solo, and the picture of oscar in the PW has him on his own.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 am

I'm not gonna be able to add much in the way of the knights and whatnot but I mentioned a while ago that the doll specifically uses the phrase "drawn in" to the painting regarding Priscilla. If she was imprisoned or placed there by someone else it would have to be Ariamis doing the "drawing" so a royal connection is more likely than Seath since there appears to be Ariamis' work all over the bedrooms of Anor Londo. If the other meaning of "drawn in" is to be believed then it would be more like the Overlook Hotel in Stephen King's book The Shining. A place that lives and has a will of it's own and pulled her in for it's own ends.

I also stated in that particular rant that my belief based on item descriptions is that Priscilla's loneliness and desperation led to her wanting to be in the painting. It could be I just like romanticism of the story. A little girl, created by a mad dragon with his genetics and that of a goddess. Loved by her mother but shunned by everyone else. Her mother, despite the love, unable to demonstrate it or acknowledge her daughter. A painter with a unique gift her only accomplice (he would be watched too closely to be a real friend or spend a lot of time together). She becomes fascinated with this mural of a cold and desolate land that still holds a certain beauty. In her fascination she requests to be a part of this land and is literally "drawn" into it. Ariamis, an imperfect entity, either forgets or is unaware of her cherished possession and it's left behind, leaving the little girl completely alone in a frozen world.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 am

Did you see my theory that Ariamis literally drew her in the painting and created a magical link making her part of it Skare?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 am

Your theory? I posted that ages ago in rant. You plagiarist! big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 am

I dont think you did, I think my theory was different! Either that or I misunderstood your theory.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:17 am

I'll have to find it and read it I suppose (unless you have a link) to see the differences. My theory was really only that he drew her in at her request. Pretty much my whole story......
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:18 am

Maybe it was the same. It should be right at the end of her entry into Theres more to them.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:21 am

Lol...will look. We've batted so much around in here it's really hard to tell who said what sometimes so just busting your chops earlier.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 am

lol. The archives, the new hive mind.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 am

Yo Dough, i was just listening to Epicnamebro's analysis of the story and its something i completely forgot about. The Occult rising against the gods.There was a rising by a church to take down the gods, proven by the effigy shield and the occult club. the Effigy shield is a product of stealing part of Nito's power. The occult club belonged to bishop havel someone close to the gods. Maybe the knights of Berenike helped in this occult uprising and were sealed away with the dark ember in the painted world.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:17 pm

hey people.

This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but just incase has anybody noticed this before?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eminusx/7408584378/in/photostream

I just thwacked O&S and had a look at the end statues of Gwyn and Gwynevere out of curiosity and noticed that the pedestal to the left of Gwyn and Gwyn is both built up which would usually suggest a child, and is empty.

Now im thinking is it maybe possible that Gwyn and Gwynevere were expecting a baby so they prepared a pedestal alongside them in the great hall, however Priscilla arrived all scaley and dragonlike it was obvious 'The Boobinator' had betrayed Gwyn so he banished Priscilla to Ariamis as punishment for both and to hide his shame?

Interested to hear how you chaps think this could link into some of the other lore or if its just hollow guff?
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:22 pm

eminusx wrote:hey people.

This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but just incase has anybody noticed this before?

I just thwacked O&S and had a look at the end statues of Gwyn and Gwynevere out of curiosity and noticed that the pedestal to the left of Gwyn and Gwyn is both built up which would usually suggest a child, and is empty.

Now im thinking is it maybe possible that Gwyn and Gwynevere were expecting a baby so they prepared a pedestal alongside them in the great hall, however Priscilla arrived all scaley and dragonlike it was obvious 'The Boobinator' had betrayed Gwyn so he banished Priscilla to Ariamis as punishment for both and to hide his shame?

Interested to hear how you chaps think this could link into some of the other lore or if its just hollow guff?
    I think that pedestal was meant for gwyndolin until he turned out the way he did, looking grotesque, and chose not to have it made.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Madara wrote:
    eminusx wrote:hey people.

I think that pedestal was meant for gwyndolin until he turned out the way he did, looking grotesque, and chose not to have it made.

aswell as the fact that Gwynevere is the daughter of Gwyn too. . . ahem. blimey, what was I thinking!!! :affraid:

i'll go back to sleep, man its easy to get carried away when you get thinking about the lore!!! haha fool!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Ready for a blown mind......3,2,1

Spoiler:

If you use an arrow or a weapon with a large overhead reach there is a collision as if a statue is there. The statue is there, but someone didn't want us to see it. Who do we know who tinkered with the image of Anor Londo, goes very far out of their way not to be seen and is related to Gwyn and Gwynevere? Here's a link to a video of a quick test I did. Ublug gets the props for discovering the collision detection....

Here ya be
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:20 pm

mind. . . . blown. . . ..brains. . . .everywhere!!!

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 pm

That is a very good point that isn't brought up often, but they might have just decided to cut the statue after making it and just removed it's texture.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Yeah they could have. I'm no programmer but I would imagine that the item would just be easier to take out entirely since it should require a unique coding to exist in game. Removing the texture would necessitate leaving the coding in so the statue exists but altering it so as not to react to light, etc. to be invisible. Rather than monkey with the in game item I would think it's easier just to take it out. Again, I could be very wrong in this. Also, From seems to love stuff like this and it jives with the rest of the game and tid bits.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Yeah they could have. I'm no programmer but I would imagine that the item would just be easier to take out entirely since it should require a unique coding to exist in game. Removing the texture would necessitate leaving the coding in so the statue exists but altering it so as not to react to light, etc. to be invisible. Rather than monkey with the in game item I would think it's easier just to take it out. Again, I could be very wrong in this. Also, From seems to love stuff like this and it jives with the rest of the game and tid bits.

Actually, it would probably be easier to just make it invisible. Most of this game isn't affected by light, and removing the statue itself could throw off other parts of the game, whereas removing the texture would not.

That being said, this whole arguement is based on From's coding style and their decisions, so by all means investigate it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 pm

That's why I said I was no programmer. Knew I was wrong 8')

I always investigate.....since that's my job
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:38 pm

The statue not being visible fits all to well with Gwyndollin and his hiding himself and creating a false Gwynevere to just be some weird coding issue with From. The question is though, does the statue appear in Dark Anor? Quite a few things change after killing dolin, if it was indeed intentional and not a matter of coding convenience I would suspect the statue to be visible after dolin's death.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I think my video is in dark. I haven't left it light long in any play through

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am