Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
User
fearandwhiskey
BackwardsBaboon
DeathlyLemons
TheirDamnation
NR-K
AquaZeroX26
DarkW17
Jovias-86
SunlightCrusader
White Knight Wulf
Wilkinson3424
NPCWhiteMage
Federally
Spurgun
DxV04
ZikoLogiKa NL
dancash1808
WyrmHero
billy_bayonet
Shkar
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
27 posters

Gravesworn- Servants of the First

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gravesworn- Servants of the First - Page 4 Empty Re: Gravesworn- Servants of the First

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:27 pm

@ White Mage

I've used a lot of dex weapons , but the closest I came to using a strength weapon was the trusted gravelord sword. It doesn't scale in any stat though.

May I suggest a Large Club / or Great Club ?

At +15 I think it has an A scaling in strength plus you can buff it with a spell or resin.

DX has a lot of fun and succes with it.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Gravesworn- Servants of the First - Page 4 Empty Re: Gravesworn- Servants of the First

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:@ White Mage

I've used a lot of dex weapons , but the closest I came to using a strength weapon was the trusted gravelord sword. It doesn't scale in any stat though.

May I suggest a Large Club / or Great Club ?

At +15 I think it has an A scaling in strength plus you can buff it with a spell or resin.

DX has a lot of fun and succes with it.

I forgot about clubs...I wonder if I can find someone to trade me an Asylum Demon club...although I could go get one from Snuggly...I need to go to her anyway to get a Fog Ring.

I'm also looking into the scythes, I know they are technically dex, but if I get upgrade the scythe into a lightning or another element, it no longer scales, so I might go that route too.

AH TOO MANY CHOICES!

Dragon Fang looks amazing, but only because I get one shot by it every time I say the name Havel of th- *dies*
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Great scythe , it's my favourite weaponGravesworn- Servants of the First - Page 4 639795459

Love the moveset , awesome with silver knight spear in the left hand making it also more viable to be used single handed twisted

Sure , you can use an elemental weapon untill you reach 40 dex or 40 strength.

There are a lot of choices and combinations indeed , asking for replays , it's a lot of fun creating different character setups in this game

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm gunning for 40 STR and some moderate DEX in case I wanna get into a non heavy armor mood lol.

I'm currently hunting for the GS, but I don't like going into the catacombs because of the Skeletons which seem to be the absolute bane of my existence at this point
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 pm

White mage, If you have beaten the moonlight butterfly I think a divine striking weapon would make your life far far easier. a hammer or a club of any size will do.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:59 pm

dancash1808 wrote:White mage, If you have beaten the moonlight butterfly I think a divine striking weapon would make your life far far easier. a hammer or a club of any size will do.

I should probably do that tonight then...but I haven't had a chance to take on the Lunesta Butterfly (Inside joke with a friend of mine) but I think it might help...

Also, the Gravelord Sword does scale with STR and DEX according to the Wiki, but it has an E in both Param so it isn't much.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:34 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:White mage, If you have beaten the moonlight butterfly I think a divine striking weapon would make your life far far easier. a hammer or a club of any size will do.

I should probably do that tonight then...but I haven't had a chance to take on the Lunesta Butterfly (Inside joke with a friend of mine) but I think it might help...

Also, the Gravelord Sword does scale with STR and DEX according to the Wiki, but it has an E in both Param so it isn't much.

Nah, I have the bare minimum stats to 1H it on my Gravesworn and increasing either stat would only increase the AR by like 1. The scaling is worthless. At 40/40 the AR would only increase by around 30.

I MAY be able to help you out tonight if you will be on. I have to do some stuff before my trip on Sunday, but I have a Great Scythe on my Gravesworn (already upgraded partially, forgot that I couldn't use it) and I just put my knight through to NG++, so I could get the Hammer on him.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Nah, I have the bare minimum stats to 1H it on my Gravesworn and increasing either stat would only increase the AR by like 1. The scaling is worthless. At 40/40 the AR would only increase by around 30.

I MAY be able to help you out tonight if you will be on. I have to do some stuff before my trip on Sunday, but I have a Great Scythe on my Gravesworn (already upgraded partially, forgot that I couldn't use it) and I just put my knight through to NG++, so I could get the Hammer on him.

WOO! That would be fantastic if you could! How late will you be on tough? I usually don't get on until 12:00am EST. And I'm usually on until like..4am...but since it is a friday, I may just be on all night, lol.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:46 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:WOO! That would be fantastic if you could! How late will you be on tough? I usually don't get on until 12:00am EST. And I'm usually on until like..4am...but since it is a friday, I may just be on all night, lol.

I could probably be on that late. I've been staying up until that late approximately, and I wasn't planning on playing much today, so that would probably be for the best.

If you are on, hit me with a friend request.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Shkar wrote:I could probably be on that late. I've been staying up until that late approximately, and I wasn't planning on playing much today, so that would probably be for the best.

If you are on, hit me with a friend request.

Alright, well, its 2:48pm by me right now, so expect to se a request in like...9 hours? lol
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:56 pm

[quote="Shkar"]
    NPCWhiteMage wrote:[quote="dancash1808"

that gravesword comment is a false statement my gravesworn is 40/40 and i do 485 damage with the sword. its base stat is 380 i think
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 pm

[quote="Wolfof Phyrexia"]
    Shkar wrote:
    NPCWhiteMage wrote:[quote="dancash1808"

that gravesword comment is a false statement my gravesworn is 40/40 and i do 485 damage with the sword. its base stat is 380 i think

at 24/13 (min to 2H) it's AR is 430. At 40/40, it's AR is 484.

That's 43 levels for a 54 AR increase.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Gotta love diminishing returns. I don't think I would want to spend 54 SL's just to get a few points outta a sword. lol
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:10 pm

thats still better than some
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:thats still better than some

Don't get me wrong, the GLS is GREAT for low stats. Absolutely great. It doesn't split damage, it inflicts toxin, and it is good at dead-angling and stunlocking.

It just isn't worth the stats to max out it's AR by itself. If you want to put in the stats for a different weapon and want to use the GLS on the side, great! Go for it!
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 pm

I need to read up on Acronyms... as well as Dead Angle...hmmm. So much to learn lol
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:I need to read up on Acronyms... as well as Dead Angle...hmmm. So much to learn lol

GLS - Gravelord Sword
    AR - Attack rating

Dead angling is where you fight unlocked and sort of "spin" when you swing so that your attack comes from the side and "misses" their shield.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:27 pm

It hurts. A lot.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:27 pm

im sl 120 and i main the GLS with a fire +10 barbed straight sword for a back up but then again my character is a STR/DEX build so
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm pretty sure a +15 weapon is superior at that level especially if you have 40/40 for dex and str.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:31 pm

SunlightCrusader wrote:I'm pretty sure a +15 weapon is superior at that level especially if you have 40/40 for dex and str.

I would think so:

See here

4 weapons compared by AR. Obviously, I'm not trying to tell you how to play, however if you are using GLS for the sheer AR, there are better options.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:33 pm

I was more saying in comparison to the fire upgrade. I think he uses the GLS for cov purposes.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:35 pm

SunlightCrusader wrote:I was more saying in comparison to the fire upgrade. I think he uses the GLS for cov purposes.

Ah. In that case, he would lose about 50 AR making it +15, but it would remove the damage splitting.

So yes, he probably would do more damage with +15
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:39 pm

yea sun has seen wat my GLS can do and yes its for cov purposes and i dnt like the +15 Barbed sword it does crap damage even for my character
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:yea sun has seen wat my GLS can do and yes its for cov purposes and i dnt like the +15 Barbed sword it does crap damage even for my character

You sure? You should probably do MORE damage with it as +15 then with +10 fire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am