Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Spurgun
Serious_Much
RANT
GrEeNgObLiN
DamageCK
DoughGuy
dancash1808
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
martyrsbrigade99
14 posters

What's up with all the dexterity builds lately?

martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

What's up with all the dexterity builds lately? Empty What's up with all the dexterity builds lately?

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 am

I've been doing a lot of PvP lately and have noticed a LOT of dexterity builds. Because of that, I figured I would just send a reminder to everyone that the strength build is STILL a force to be reckoned with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtLOygiFKnI
    reim0027
    reim0027

What's up with all the dexterity builds lately? Empty Re: What's up with all the dexterity builds lately?

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 am

It seems builds go through Fads. I remember the dual Kat and MH fad in DeS . . . that fad never really ended, I wonder why. :roll:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

What's up with all the dexterity builds lately? Empty Re: What's up with all the dexterity builds lately?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:29 am

Dex offers more versatility.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 am

Hmm, not sure I would call elemental greatswords a str build since they have dex options and the Str req's are moderately low. still a nice PvP vid man.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 am

You can use spells with dex much more effectively than a str build.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 am

dancash1808 wrote:Hmm, not sure I would call elemental greatswords a str build since they have dex options and the Str req's are moderately low. still a nice PvP vid man.

I don't think that a level 75 can truly be a complete strength build. That's why the elementals were there. Once the build is complete it will be a true strength. Thanks for the information.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 am

DEX offers a lot of flexibility in the way of spell cast times and weapon selection. Strength builds are more or less "smash 'em up" weapons, while DEX has kats, rapiers, spears, bows, curved swords, etc. That's why I love DEX builds, anyway. However, I also love my Demon Great Machete build.

Love your vids.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 am

I made my build to get the most out of my weap ---> dex
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:38 am

really? dex builds is all i see, get boring after a while.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 am

Dex builds to me, are also much easier to use than STR builds. I know there's guys like Rant and Baal who are lethal with them, but a lot of people just don't have the timing to use them without just going for OP BS.

That with the cast times, access to bows too, the fact buffs are better with fast weapons... It's all stacked up against strength builds really which is a shame.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 am

Serious_Much wrote:Dex builds to me, are also much easier to use than STR builds. I know there's guys like Rant and Baal who are lethal with them, but a lot of people just don't have the timing to use them without just going for OP BS.

That with the cast times, access to bows too, the fact buffs are better with fast weapons... It's all stacked up against strength builds really which is a shame.

That's exactly why attacked my new montage to demonstrate that strength builds can be just as lethal as a dex build.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:51 am

Most of my builds are either dex or or use dex weapons as elementals. But when i fight with my str build almost everyone thinks i am a noob. Everyone expects me to BS fish or just spam r1.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 am

Spurgun wrote:Most of my builds are either dex or or use dex weapons as elementals. But when i fight with my str build almost everyone thinks i am a noob. Everyone expects me to BS fish or just spam r1.

lol i get thta all the time, people send me ggs and thank me for not bs'ing.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Personally, I started the game the first time with a str build.. well sort of one at least, and played through it about 3 times on that character. Since then I have used a magic/str build and I'm just making my first dex build now, not so much hopping on the bandwagon as just wanting to try something different.

That, and all the weapons I found myself going 'Oh how cool, I want to try that!" were all dex scaling. There seems to be ALOT of the same weapon over and over again in the str build arsenal, and I just got tired of using those weapons. Someone already said it, but I think it has a lot to do with what weapons suit which stat more, people like kats, rapiers and what not. more than axes, greatswords etc.

Nice vid, btw!
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:10 pm

I got good at pvp with a str build. I love my msgs. I also think it catches alot of people off guard because they don't know how to handle a str build that does not ise the bkga. I'm making a dex build atm, but I still miss my destroy your face str build. happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:29 pm

my favorite types of build are dex/pyro. there really are just a lot of benefits to using dex. i do like to use weapons like the murakumo or flamberge with my dex builds, so i at least can have variety and not use only katanas.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Its not really just lately........,,,,, I se the bkga everywhere, but the dgm, clubs, dga, greatsxe, even the msgs I've seen less than 5 times each outside of FC.

Btw sl 75 str build.

http://tinyurl.com/7jelgbm

Its lower damage than is preferable in 1 hand but the r2 and parrying ability make up for it. In both hands you'll do a good 4-600 damage a hit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am