Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
FirstOfTheDead
uthvag
sjackson12
Demi_God0415
Yarxov
Danicco
Akatik
Fusion
Flubious
Herbo
Dustofsaturn
Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
ChizFreak
Uparkaam
nsane32
Dilby
20 posters

Smough and Ornstein solo

Dilby
    Dilby

Smough and Ornstein solo Empty Smough and Ornstein solo

Post by Dilby Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:56 pm

dammit, ive killed soliare and have no online on this account. and am now being forced to kill these bastards alone.... any one have any tips for me? so far my best bet seems to be lightning spear smough down. then try to kill super ornstein. ive dropped smough a few times before, but cant kill ornstien for **** once he goes big..... HELP!!! lol
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Smough and Ornstein solo Empty Re: Smough and Ornstein solo

Post by nsane32 Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:00 pm

super orinsten is harder that smough because of the grab attack what I do every time is get behind a pillar wait for smough to do a just attack and run hit 2 or 3 times go back repeat need help im on XBL nsane32
    btw we need a monitor to move this to player trade/help
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Get dark wood grain ring and dodge their attacks. And try to keep Smough between you and Ornstein. That way Ornstein can't attack you because Smough is blocking the way.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Yeah kill Ornstein first. Super Big Smough is easier. If you want to fight Super Big Ornstein then you gotta be fast and learn to dodge his attacks. Dodge, attack, dodge, attack.
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Stay between Ornstein legs since he can only hit you with his jump attack.The thunder stone plate ring will also decrase the strengh of his jump attack and let you survive his 1hit.He's also weak to fire so pyromancy,fire/chaos weapon and queelag furysword are useful against him.I also heard you can stuck him behind a pillar and snipe him but i don't know how to do that so.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein wrote:Stay between Ornstein legs since he can only hit you with his jump attack.The thunder stone plate ring will also decrase the strengh of his jump attack and let you survive his 1hit.He's also weak to fire so pyromancy,fire/chaos weapon and queelag furysword are useful against him.I also heard you can stuck him behind a pillar and snipe him but i don't know how to do that so.
    lol your talking about killing yours self but very good tips going to raise your rep big grin
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 pm

nsane32 wrote:
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein wrote:Stay between Ornstein legs since he can only hit you with his jump attack.The thunder stone plate ring will also decrase the strengh of his jump attack and let you survive his 1hit.He's also weak to fire so pyromancy,fire/chaos weapon and queelag furysword are useful against him.I also heard you can stuck him behind a pillar and snipe him but i don't know how to do that so.
    lol your talking about killing yours self but very good tips going to raise your rep big grin

I've watch lots of video and read lots of walkthrough to figure out the best strategy to kill myself,not sure i fi should be proud of that however XD
    Dustofsaturn
    Dustofsaturn
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dustofsaturn Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Seeing as people have already posted help tips, I'm going to say this: Remember it takes a lot of patience.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 pm

No one has mentioned screaming at them through the tv screen and standing on your feet throughout the duration of the fight.

It also helps to yell and show your console that you actually pressed [Propper Button] to drink an estus flask 5 seconds ago and that drinking while Ornstein is stabbingn you is less than helpful...I know...lol estus.
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Flubious Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 am

Do what I did and get your wife to take a few turns when you get frustrated. Also a fire weapon/attack and go for skinny boy first.
    Fusion
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Fusion Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:33 am

Herbo wrote:No one has mentioned screaming at them through the tv screen and standing on your feet throughout the duration of the fight.

It also helps to yell and show your console that you actually pressed [Propper Button] to drink an estus flask 5 seconds ago and that drinking while Ornstein is stabbingn you is less than helpful...I know...lol estus.

I've literally screamed profanity at my xbox because of those types of occurrences, however I was trying to solo 4 Kings on a pure Dex build. Needless to say, I almost had an aneurism due to the intense rage I felt.

On Topic: Super Smough is easier to defeat in my opinion, if you can roll well you'll have no problem with him, just bait his jump attack and stay behind him. Pyromancy is incredibly helpful, because of their weakness, but also the distance it provides.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 am

This video might help.

He poked down Ornstein and then used a bow and kited Smough around the arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1EDaHn6NZ0

Danicco

Post by Danicco Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm

I recently killed those two with my Faith/Melee based character at 70, and at first it was a pain. Used to being a Int ranged, I couldn't rush this boss.

What I did was:
    - I kept moving backwards until both bosses were aligned, never let them flank me or lose sight of one.
    - I wouldn't go too far from them, I'd stop and move forward so they would attack me and stay in place rather than just run towards me.
    - If needed, I'd go back a pillar and drink, preferably on Smough's side (since he doesn't dash as Ornstein does)
    - When Smough did one of his attack animations, and Ornstein was either attacking (and wouldn't hit me) or was behind him (thus stuck), I'd go and hit Smough a couple of times. Took me a few mins to kill him.
    - Against Super Ornstein, staying at mid range was the worst, most of his attacks are great at this range. So I first tried being far (didn't work, since I was meleeing lol), then mid (I got my *** kicked alot of times) and lastly close (I also got wiped). Finally I started moving always towards him, but not attacking, and just dodging (his attacks are slow). I would only attack him with a Dash Attack when he did his butt stomp attack. Since I use a thrust weapon and my attacks would go through his legs, I locked out and aimed for one of his legs.

The most important in this fight if you can't spam a ranged attack is... patience.
    Dilby
    Dilby

Post by Dilby Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Danicco wrote:I recently killed those two with my Faith/Melee based character at 70, and at first it was a pain. Used to being a Int ranged, I couldn't rush this boss.

What I did was:
    - I kept moving backwards until both bosses were aligned, never let them flank me or lose sight of one.
    - I wouldn't go too far from them, I'd stop and move forward so they would attack me and stay in place rather than just run towards me.
    - If needed, I'd go back a pillar and drink, preferably on Smough's side (since he doesn't dash as Ornstein does)
    - When Smough did one of his attack animations, and Ornstein was either attacking (and wouldn't hit me) or was behind him (thus stuck), I'd go and hit Smough a couple of times. Took me a few mins to kill him.
    - Against Super Ornstein, staying at mid range was the worst, most of his attacks are great at this range. So I first tried being far (didn't work, since I was meleeing lol), then mid (I got my *** kicked alot of times) and lastly close (I also got wiped). Finally I started moving always towards him, but not attacking, and just dodging (his attacks are slow). I would only attack him with a Dash Attack when he did his butt stomp attack. Since I use a thrust weapon and my attacks would go through his legs, I locked out and aimed for one of his legs.

The most important in this fight if you can't spam a ranged attack is... patience.

Thanks, i have a feeling this is gonna be really helpfull, seeing as i am on a faith/melee char as well. i guess ima just have to keep trying till i get it lol. so im guessing spamming lightning spears at smough isn't the best way to win?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 am

Your gear can be a life saver!
    get armor with high lightning resistence so you can survive Super Ornsteins 'Lightning rod' and their 'thunder ***' attacks. be able to roll, and watch them very carefully, Ornstein can be blocked, and Smough can be dodged easily, most of his attacks can be avoided with a right roll. Be attentive, and calm, if you get pissed off the chances of you messing up get higher and higher.

also, kindle those bonfires to the max, and save the estus for the boss fight, if hurt from Monsters use miracles to heal.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:30 pm

dont know if you're talking about miracle or the weapon but here it goes:
    lightning spear (both miracle and weapon) is great against smough, you just need to time it right. no spamming or you'll just get killed by both of them. use the pillar to hold smough while charging your lightning spear (miracle), while giving him 3-5 attacks (just enough stamina left to roll away just incase) when he's finished with his hummer rush. keep in mind ornstein's movements of course. patience is the key to this fight. know their movements and use the pillars. screaming and raging to death won't help you, i tried i just got a sore throat and a very angry neighbor.

like danicco said, G-Ornstein is most lethal in mid-range. and since you're a melee, go beneath his legs. his attacks are blockable and easy to dodge. list of his attacks (that i know of):

when he raises his arms and charge lightning, that's homing lightning projectile - quite slow, a bit tricky to dodge. but if you dodge forward it's more likely to miss you.

charges lightning while hand is in his waist(?) and lean forward a bit, fast lightning projectile - just dodge.

horizontal floor swipe is when he raises his arms to his left shoulder - blockable and easy to dodge if you go backwards. if you're braver, dodge forward and you should be in front of him.

2 vertical ground poke (lol). raises his hand without lightning - dodge either left to right. i think, if he miss the first poke, he won't do the second. and blockable.

crouch position while holding his spear pointing at you, thats a charge (not the lightning charge but the attack, like "charge!" in war movies) - when he's close, dodge.

crouch position while charging lightning and holding his spear pointing at you. that's the grab attack - be careful of this one, this is deadly. i personally don't know how to dodge this since i've always been underneath him. yeah staying underneath him i guess.

butt slam - get the hell out of his butt.

sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:30 am

One of the few places I did co-op, though it's kind of embarrassing how easy it is with helpers.
    uthvag
    uthvag

Post by uthvag Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 am

You can try a zewihander+10 with SK armor and shield(it has one of the best lightning defense and stability) and (You must be below 50% equip),

With str you can stun lock O with a single heavy attack and i thing S with 2 of them.You can bait super S jumping smash and you can stay near hem and wail away But you must be carful of his banzai butt slam
    FirstOfTheDead
    FirstOfTheDead
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FirstOfTheDead Fri May 03, 2013 9:31 am

When I tried, I had Solaire, but until I killed Smough, he was already killed by Ornstein, and I'm on NG+...so i stayed between his legs and hit him hard, when he jumps run and jump then come back at his legs and try eventually to stay behind him so he cann't hit you with his spear! Good luck!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun May 05, 2013 5:02 am

Use pillars, pick your spots and take your time. I would also recommend not locking onto either of them in super form -- it can make the butt slam attack more difficult to dodge.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun May 05, 2013 5:48 am

I fail to see why Super Ornstein is considered harder.

Anyways, what I'd recommend is getting a good shield, keeping it up at all times, and then when Ornstein is about to do the Lightning Stab, dodge to the side at about the same time be backs up.

His lightning butt slam is one of those things you roll away from. Fast rolls make that attack very easy to dodge.
    Relbaic
    Relbaic

Post by Relbaic Sun May 05, 2013 7:16 am

Hello 14 month necro!
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sun May 05, 2013 7:21 am

I want to curse the people who claim Smough is easier than Ornstein- Super Smough killed me multiple times while I can also kill Super Ornstein on one go.

With Super Ornstein you just run under him and attack his legs while Smoug is too fat and squat to do that. Then just run back when he does his butt smash and dart back underneath him once he's finished.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 am