Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
AHS DaNiTh
reim0027
Shkar
Quarik
XuitusTheGreat
mugenis4real
Delvanoc
GrEeNgObLiN
Extertionist
BLA1NE
cloudyeki
Forum Pirate
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
BindMind
DamageCK
20 posters

Passive vs. Aggressive Playstyles

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Passive vs. Aggressive Playstyles - Page 2 Empty Re: Passive vs. Aggressive Playstyles

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:40 am

Personally, I'm Aggressively Passive.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Passive vs. Aggressive Playstyles - Page 2 Empty Re: Passive vs. Aggressive Playstyles

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:41 am

So what, you run up to people and get "all up in their grill", and then just hang out n' wait for them to do something?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:45 am

Qu you just gotta pray that they're dumb enough to have enough poise to take 2 pillars to knock them down. I've actually had gankers try to run, not flip, run for a bs and ate 2 fire pillars.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:49 am

Quarik wrote:So what, you run up to people and get "all up in their grill", and then just hang out n' wait for them to do something?

"What are your thoughts on the Tax Rate?"
    "I REFUSE TO CHOOSE!"
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 am

Shkar wrote:
    Quarik wrote:So what, you run up to people and get "all up in their grill", and then just hang out n' wait for them to do something?

"I REFUSE TO CHOOSE!"

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

"I REFUSE TO CHOOSE!"

^Basically that, only angrier. It's like being Passively Aggressive, only not.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 am

I'm pretty passive. But, I use rapiers, who's damage is crap, unless I'm riposting or backstabbing, both of them are passive attacks.
    AHS DaNiTh
    AHS DaNiTh
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AHS DaNiTh Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:55 am

Im personally an aggressive person with my falcion and when people go to the parry i switch to the spinning attacks the moveset has which are harder to parry and ussually back off if he just keep spamming it (noob tactics)
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:58 am

Welcome to the forums, man. Love the Falchion. Hugely underestimated.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 am

Welcome AHS!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm

It depends on what weapon i am fighting against. Usually, if it is a str weapon i will fight passively, so that i don’t get stunlocked. And if it is a dex weapon i will fight aggressively, so that i can stunlock them.

My playstyle also varies a lot depending on my weapon, my health, my surroundings etc.
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Im more passive, but it seems that get's me BS. All 7 fights this morning I got teleport BS'd. One of them looked like a noob saibot move from MK before I got BS.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Unfortunately, I have a hard time against the passive players. They are too reserved and cautious. In most cases, I get bored with the slow pace and lose focus. The aggressive players? I'm always prepared for them because I anticipate their moves, especially, the greatsword users. winking
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 am

Depends. I always start my combat non-aggressive.. I use pike to start most of my game, it's a thermometer for me to measure my opponent.. learn their movement, see where is the weakness, poke them from range and see how they respond..

Once I've learn enough, I consider how I should fight them. Example: Should I use pike all the way, or change to my Zweihander?

Aggressive opponents are best deal with defensive method. A Charging Rhino, will have no chance to avoid my backstab, partly because of that bit of lag between my PS3 and his.

A Defensive opponents are best deal with offensive method. Once you fished for a backstab, they get all messed up and paniky.. and is generally easy to finish him before they regain his composure..

A professional opponent, will need more defensive strategy and mind games to win.. there is no exact method to deal with but split second decision on the field.. but highly recommend to spend sometime to measure your opponent first (if you think his a better player) before engaged in a combat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm