help with mage build

Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: help with mage build

Post by Zakkia on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I have alvl 120 mage build. I focus on my magic more than any physical damage. I sitch off between velkas rapier or moonlight greatswrd ue to having 50 int and 40 dx? Dnt remember atm. Anyways. In pvp the mage is godly in crowd control. When aiming CSS or soul spear get your enemy on a narrow unrollable bridge. Using brains is key for this build. Due to the lack of poise and armor. I loved my mage build. Wish the best for yours!
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:51 pm

belkaizer wrote:many thanks for all the suggestions. since i have some stats compromised already and only have 20 more levels for 120. 40 vit 50 int will be 16 levels. the other 4 points can go to dex since i already have 20 i guess. i do have moonlight greatsword +5( and it funny to hit people with the heavy attack) im guessing with 24 dex i can use a dex weapons better for buffing or use the quelags furysword(some people say is not good i do like it even though it doesnt do a lot of dmg) if not i have 4 points extra to play with to bad 27 att doesnt give you another slot it has to be 28

I'd recommend still using the moonlight greatsword, at least as a backup weapon because it's so powerful naturally when used by any high INT mage, but yeah if you grab a +15 dex weapon and Buff it with Tin catalyst (to get most power in buff) then thats a good option against bosses/in PvP

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 pm

@djgq42

Best pure mage spell for close quarters is HCSM. You need to know how to use it though! Don't let the spell fire off on its own, that's for sure. What you want to do is face away from your opponent while you're casting, and wait for them to get close enough (about 2 roll distances away from you). Then you roll in their direction, which will rapidly close the remaining gap between the two of you and fire off your soul mass in his face! Most people won't have time to react.

About pyro: I would definitely mix in some pyro spells in there, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thing is, Sorceries are very precise spells, whereas Pyro has AoE effects. So combined, they'd make for a very effective build. Alternate sorceries and pyro spells of different effects for best results. Example:

HCSM (gets them to roll), Fire Ball (aim manually at the end of their roll), CSS (catch them off guard and they're dead!), Combustion (when they get in close); repeat! Only problem is, for best effect, you need to wield both the catalyst and pyro hand at the same time, and the TCC will halve your pyro spell castings as well. So you're forced to use Logan's. Other than that, it would make a very, very effective dueling style.

Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:21 am

At the momento im lv120 with 40 vit 30 end 16 str 24 dex and 50 int. the rest is base. great build for pve. is hard to get use for pvp( havent pvped that much besides forest wich makes my blood presure go up) i screwed getting into de darkwraith by saying no by accident.

i guess that leaves me red sign and beign human to get invaded or darkmoon. almost at the end of ng+. then i discovered ricards rapier.i think im gonna pass level 120 to have 40 stam and 40 dex to be honest not sure yet.

im guessing im destroying the purpose of a build again. since i already have a lv170 with 50 str and faith and im trying to get 25 to 32 int with him to try cmw. to be honest even this decisions make my game time more enjoyable. i already have a 4th character.

trying to think if is better dex/faith or dex/int. heavy attack with ricards rapier is kind of cool. sorry for the wall of text
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:42 am

Go for it! It's always a good idea to experiment with everything first, and do some strict builds later.

The greatest thing about Dark Souls is that any weapon is viable, and they all change your experience drastically. So don't limit yourself by making builds before you've experimented with everything that interests you.

By the way I've been practicing more with my Sorc/ Pyro Mage, and it's a ton of fun! Can't wait to use it in the Fight Club. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 am