Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
aceluby
reim0027
strangejoy
Pharaun
Serious_Much
Blazefury
Scudman_Slayer
PPG-3-
Akatik
jjshowal
14 posters

Who's in charge here?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Who's in charge here? Empty Who's in charge here?

Post by jjshowal Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Please don't take this thread too seriously, but there sure are a lot of ridiculous unwritten rules among DkS players. Here's just a short list of things come to mind that I know people don't like. Basically, you should only be naked two handing a hilt if everyone obeyed every rule.

DON'T:

- use the BKGA
    - use a shield
    - flask
    - pivot bs, chain bs, roll bs, any bs!
    - use spells like combustion, WoG, fire surge, fire storm, because they're for noobs
    - use any weapon with reach
    - wear heavy armor
    - use anything with lightning
    - be a part of the darkmoon, path of the dragon, darkwraith, sun brothers covenants
    - not bow before any match (double negative sorry)
    - wear mask of the mother, father, child, cousin, uncle, estranged grandmother

What else did I miss? haha
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Who's in charge here? Empty Re: Who's in charge here?

Post by Akatik Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 pm

No Sunbros? I thought everyone loved Jolly Co-operation!
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 pm

No combustion?

What gives?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:13 pm

PPG-3- wrote:No combustion?

What gives?

it does WAY too much damage on its "great" counterpart

i've been hit by it for 800 HP and THATS bull

and a lot of people use the LAgstab + great combustion while the person is getting up = insta-kill combo

its not that easy to avoid if theres lag because it will just hit you no matter what you do if the lag is too bad

still though i think its a good and balanced pyromancy it just needs to have its damage nerfed a little bit (at least so it wouldn't take down half my HP with one hit)
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Akatik wrote:No Sunbros? I thought everyone loved Jolly Co-operation!

He's probably talking about soul farming in the Kiln. I faced a couple guys who had one or two sunbros alongside them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:17 pm

No buffs as well!

cant believe you forgot that, so unfair that other guy can supercharge his weapon if i cant.

I mean if that happens just means that they've broken rules and you should backstab them while they're buffing to make it fair.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm

hmm. never had that issue with great combustion. nor have I ever seen it do that much damage. 300-400 damage seems to be the norm when I use it.

Its a great anti-back stab utility too.

Plus for nostalgia purposes it reminds of Dhalsim from Street Fighter 2.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Blazefury wrote:

He's probably talking about soul farming in the Kiln. I faced a couple guys who had one or two sunbros alongside them.

I always thought the Sunbros were better than that. Then something went wrong. I think the ash in the Kiln drives Sunbros mad and makes them do uncharacteristic things.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:31 pm

PPG-3- wrote:hmm. never had that issue with great combustion. nor have I ever seen it do that much damage. 300-400 damage seems to be the norm when I use it.

Its a great anti-back stab utility too.

Plus for nostalgia purposes it reminds of Dhalsim from Street Fighter 2.

either that was a normal combustion or the guy didn't had an upgraded pyromancy catalyst

when the pyromancy catalyst is maxed out great combustion does over 600-700 each shot
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Pharaun wrote:
    Blazefury wrote:

I always thought the Sunbros were better than that. Then something went wrong. I think the ash in the Kiln drives Sunbros mad and makes them do uncharacteristic things.

I've always had a great experience with them. They're helpful and can hold their own when summoned. Some of them have been corrupted tho.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Serious_Much wrote:No buffs as well!

cant believe you forgot that, so unfair that other guy can supercharge his weapon if i cant.

I mean if that happens just means that they've broken rules and you should backstab them while they're buffing to make it fair.

I don't think that anyone has said that buffing breaks any unwritten rules. On the contrary, a lot of people think there should be no unwritten rules whatsoever regarding buffing (i.e., no rules about standing around to let people buff).
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm talking about my own great combustion. with max glove.

maybe i'm not doing it right. or maybe most ppl I hit it with have had good Fire resists. but use it and hit it often.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:36 pm

jjshowal wrote:

DON'T:

- use the BKGA
    - use a shield
    - flask
    - pivot bs, chain bs, roll bs, any bs!
    - use spells like combustion, WoG, fire surge, fire storm, because they're for noobs
    - use any weapon with reach
    - wear heavy armor
    - use anything with lightning
    - be a part of the darkmoon, path of the dragon, darkwraith, sun brothers covenants
    - not bow before any match (double negative sorry)
    - wear mask of the mother, father, child, cousin, uncle, estranged grandmother

Some of these aren't "rules" per say. They are people ***** about "noob" tactics

1. Use the BKGA - the pros will just parry you or BS you. Against newer PvPers, it can be deadly, especially if they don't have the poise (or know how to toggle) to escape the stunlock.

2. Shields - use them. It is easier to BS in this game, so watch out.

3. Flask. During a duel, I'm against it - it prolongs the fight with people spamming healing. During an invasion - anything goes.

4. BS is fine by me. There are counter BS methods to puninsh BS attampts. Pivot BS are easy to see coming. I don't like BS chaining. While they are escapable, it is much harder, and has a 50/50 chance of succeeding (depending if you roll toward them or away). Lag stabs are BS, IMO (pardon the pun).

5. Those spells can be great and not for "noobs", unless you spam them. Firestorm is just asking to be BS however.

6. Any weapon with reach? That is a Bull Sh*t rule. Anyone who complains about that needs to learn spacing and roll timing.

7. Heavy armor. It is really ugly. But, effective. With the powerful weapons that can sstunlock, poise becomes an issue. Yes, seeing Havel's and Giant's armor is boring as hell and unimaginative, but they are there because they are effective. Like the Binded and Doran's set from DeS. No reason not to use them. In fact, heavy weapon builds need some poise. Shoot for 55 (Clay stunlock cutoff) or 77 (Zwei Stunlock) poise.

8. Lightning. Haha. If your Str or Dex is over 40, then a +15 will usually out damage a lightning - and it can be buffed. Same goes for 27 Str if 2H. Sure, you can pump the extra stats into Vit, but there are severely diminishing returns after 50, and you are better off putting those extra stats elsewhere, such as dex for faster casting, att for an extra slot, faith for int for buffing (and miracles and magic), etc. Your build will be stronger than an elemental build. So, handicap yourself, make a lightning build. You will be out gunned by +15s. (this is referring to a 125 build).

8. Belonging to a covenant = bad? That is pure crap. I see no reason to not join those covenants.

9. Bow for a match - I agree here. I would rather have a friendly duel, where skill is the deciding factor. You don't have to bow, but it sets a friendly tone for the fight.

10. Those masks are really ugly, but MoF and MoM are very useful. Use them. They are designed to be useful, and play into the strategy of making your build. I.E. can you get the defense and poise you want without the MoF (do you can use the dusk crown for example). Or, are you making a hybrid build, then use the MoM to offset the lower vitality.

My $0.02

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:49 pm

^^^Someone doesnt understand the notion of sarcasm...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:51 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:No buffs as well!

I don't think that anyone has said that buffing breaks any unwritten rules. On the contrary, a lot of people think there should be no unwritten rules whatsoever regarding buffing (i.e., no rules about standing around to let people buff).

I was just stretching the analogy lol, its just adding to his list of things people could call eachother noobs for silly
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Serious_Much wrote:^^^Someone doesnt understand the notion of sarcasm...

Perhaps. Was your post double sarcasm? I think you were saying, sarcastically, that people should be allowed to buff without interference (i.e., no backstabbing during the buff), no?

edit: Oops, I don't think you were talking to me. Alright, I'm officially confused. :drunken:
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Serious_Much wrote:^^^Someone doesnt understand the notion of sarcasm...

Smartass silly

I have seen so many whining threads about this and that, I automatically assumed this was one of them.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:55 pm

While I totally agree with some of the unwritten rules especially bowing before a match and using health, this thread was merely a list of things I've gathered that I find people complaining about for no reason. Every character build will have weaknesses and advantages, it's just a matter of you figuring out how to exploit your opponents', and not calling them noobs for exploiting yours.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:56 pm

jjshowal wrote:While I totally agree with some of the unwritten rules especially bowing before a match and using health, this thread was merely a list of things I've gathered that I find people complaining about for no reason. Every character build will have weaknesses and advantages, it's just a matter of you figuring out how to exploit your opponents', and not calling them noobs for exploiting yours.

Good post.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I agree, i like this thread, ill give you a cyber cookie for it silly
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Mask of Mother = MoM... I lol'd
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm

The lack of sarcasm in this thread is astounding.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:04 pm

theAnimus wrote:The lack of sarcasm in this thread is astounding.

lol!

that is all.
    somebody_else
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somebody_else Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:18 pm

actually, no. i for example hate people who only play one side full time. especially since sunbro is full time coop and thus breaking balance of the game. they (i'm talking about boosted builds for specific levels) are even bigger menace to online than griefers. i'm not saying griefers are ok, in fact if you check my posts (don't know if forum move also moved history) you'll see i made my self boosted characters in various levels just to grief the griefers which makes it fair 1v1 no matter how much i hate them. but, lately if you try to invade fair and square, the only thing you get is host and 2 boosted sunbros. not that i have any problems with that, i simply moved all my play past sl170, but i have to admit i kinda feel sorry that i had to (more about that in the end).

do i think people should stop being sunbro or stop coop-ing? no, if they want to do it... why not? it's their right.
    but, do i hate fulltime helpers? yes, and this is why i play where i can avoid them. i kinda think that hating them is my right just as it is their right to play as they do

one thing that i loved about demon's souls way more than dark souls was the fact that people camped less in PvP spots. hunting and being hunted, not knowing if there are phantoms and where the host is was pure charm. all that is almost gone in dark souls. 95% people camps in PvP spots as they simply stop playing at some time. there are 2 phantoms in 99% (well, lower levels at least). this kind of play kinda totally trashed best things about demon's souls. since i moved to higher levels i don't really find much hunting unless i'm the hunted one as i never stop playing and constant duels are more or less boring if you just do that full time

p.s. this is my personal opinion and i really wouldn't like to see turn into flame fest
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:54 pm

I also have to say that jjshowal's avatar is mindblowing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am