how do you pivot BS

Dilby

how do you pivot BS

Post by Dilby on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 pm

So ive been pvping alot lately, and i have been getting RAPED by BS'ers. now im not complaining, i just wanna know how they do the damm thing so i can counter it. so what is a pivot bs, how do you do it? how can i counter it?
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: how do you pivot BS

Post by aceluby on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm

You can perform one on a mob by circling to the right until you are next to them, quickly hitting left+down, let go, attack. Basically the hit range for the BS is a bit larger on that side so you don't even have to be behind them to get it to land.

My two moves to get around it are the claymore/moonlight GS regular attack as they are circling, or the up+attack w/ a rapier, though it's not as much of a deterrent.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Here is how I counter pivot stab attempts (others likely have their own methods). When I see someone sprinting at me, I assume they're going for the pivot stab. I lock on as they approach, back pedal until they're close to within striking range, then reverse directions and tap R1 for the counterstab. Your last minute direction reversal can either be locked on or locked off. If you lock off, then locking on as you pass through/around your enemy is one way to turn around (you can also manually turn around if you prefer). I've found that locked off is slightly more effective, but locked on is easier to learn.

I won't tell you how to offensively pivot stab. lol But its very similar to what I described above in the second half of my counter pivot instructions, although having them sprint at you is obviously not the first step. winking

IMO, the best places to practice are Dark Anor Londo and the forest. Hosts and phantoms start about 75% of battles in these two locations with attempted pivot stabs.

Dedicated forestwraith.
    Dilby

Post by Dilby on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 pm

So i just get close circle right then hit left and back? and thanks, ill probably toy around with the counters. and the forest is where i get BS'ed constantly lol.
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Dilby wrote:So i just get close circle right then hit left and back? and thanks, ill probably toy around with the counters. and the forest is where i get BS'ed constantly lol.

Ha ha, not surprising. I phantom in the forest fairly frequently. If you come as a host with one or more phantoms helping you, I promise to give a lesson in pivot stabbing. tongue
    Dilby

Post by Dilby on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Ha ha, not surprising. I phantom in the forest fairly frequently. If you come as a host with one or more phantoms helping you, I promise to give a lesson in pivot stabbing. tongue[/quote]

Have you ever been a host in the forest alone? lol. its a gank or be ganked world in there. but that would be a lesson much needed. while your circling me i can show you how to win a duel without cheap tactics. :clown: (i kid, i kid)
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Is that a Pivot Backstab? I didn't know there was any other way to get a backstab against a player.
    Dilby

Post by Dilby on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Kujii wrote:Is that a Pivot Backstab? I didn't know there was any other way to get a backstab against a player.

im still unsure as to exactly what a pivot backstab is, but ive seen several diferant techniques used to send me to my death
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:26 pm

You're praticaly "side-stabbed". Sometimes the lag makes even "front-stabbed" LOL

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Kujii wrote:Is that a Pivot Backstab? I didn't know there was any other way to get a backstab against a player.

How about actually being behind the player? Seems a bit obvious seeing as it's a 'backstab' animation and not a 'side/frontstab' animation.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 pm

A pivot bs occurs when a player sprints toward an opponent's right or left shoulder without locking on and when the player feels he/she is directly behind the opponent, the player quickly turns around and attacks resulting in a back stab. It can be pretty hard to do and you can easily get counter-bsed. There are a lot of people that exploit pivot bsing and basically spam it, which can get pretty annoying. Your best bet is to lock-on and back pedal if they are sprinting toward you.

You got some sticky white stuff on your sword Look Skyward
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:22 pm

if you see a guy start to sprint towards you straight on, he is most likely trying to BS, so roll to the side at least 2x, not backwards. (this is the easiest one to pull off imo and what i do in 3v1 encounters)

if he is strafing the same way you are strafing and is slowly closing the distance, he is trying to BS you, so move backwards.

if he keeps flipping into you and not attacking, he is trying to roll BS you, so basically just roll before he can roll. (no idea how it works but i hear people talk about it and has happened to me many times)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:09 pm