Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
DamageCK
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
DoughGuy
dancash1808
10 posters

So THATS why people dont like elemental weapons...

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So THATS why people dont like elemental weapons... Empty So THATS why people dont like elemental weapons...

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:37 am

SL 80 http://tinyurl.com/7dgfzds
    SL 40 http://tinyurl.com/cunuvlr
    SL 20 http://tinyurl.com/74ppnec
    yeah, ill admit it makes alot more sense having played around with it a bit. lol!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

So THATS why people dont like elemental weapons... Empty Re: So THATS why people dont like elemental weapons...

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 am

Yeah that SL 20 is a typical griefer build. Except a griefer would be lower SL, use MoF and wear havels.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So THATS why people dont like elemental weapons... Empty Re: So THATS why people dont like elemental weapons...

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:40 am

Pretty much. I don't have a problem with them unless they're invading before anor londo.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 am

Mm yeah. I didnt really realise the extent of the problem till just now.
    also if you only need to get 3 hits in why would you need havels poise :suspect:
    also I was expereienced enough to have a chance but I got destroyed by a guy invading at sl 10 ish with an elemental great scythe at undead parish.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 am

And lets be honest you shouldnt. I've tried my hand at it and its not very entertaining at all. It gives you a really dirty feeling.... No body should do it on purpose (but they will and theres nothing to be done about it)
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 am

haha I had good fun at sl1 with my first 4 cracked orbs. (starting gear!)
    won 3 and got carved to shreds with an estoc the third match, (although won I didnt really win so much as he ran around like a headless chicken till the game killed him)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 am

Yup, this is why. It sucks, not so much for me, for whatever reason I don't get invaded a lot at early levels, but, yes, elementals are OP at low levels. It allows a "weak" character to dish out end-game damage figures with minimal statistical investment.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 am

And I'll be waiting to show the griefers what real players can do, with+5 knights armor, and a +5 uchi. Bring it.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:57 am

This doesn't really effect me. I play offline or in hollow form until my builds are done. Haven't made a build below 120 yet though. What's the appropriate weapon level for something around 80?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:02 am

Depends on location. The PW has a bunch of pvp at 80, and most of the weapons are maxed. before anor londo + 10 or + 5 fire ar as high as I'd go, though thats usually under 80. 40-60 or so for sens.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:03 am

Word. I think an 80 is next on the to do list, right after this pure pyro build.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am

Someone should make that SL 80 FC that was talked about awhile back.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 am

The lh arena can run at 80 too if people want. the hunters all have sl 80 hosts.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:09 am

^Should do that. Get the LH arena more popular.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 am

Yeah I realized exactly how nuts it is when I was toying with my Leonard Axehands build. Convinced me to adjust down my weapons so I'm more reasonable. Question for you guys, on a SL30 dual wielding hand axes, invading Blighttown and Sens how high should I upgrade flame axes without becoming one if the griefers I hate?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:47 am

There are still a lot of GC + dusk crown / lightning avelyn / lightning zweihander folks griefing in the parish. Getting folks through there is one of the biggest coop adventures in the game.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Federally, your using no sheild and no chest armour. I would say you have earned at least +5
    and befowler that sounds mad silly Ive gota try that sometime...
    (I remember when zwei was like uncounterable in pvp I beat my first invader big grin)
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Lol, yeah that's a good point. So +5 at least!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Id say take take a look at what a +5-7 eweapom wwill be averaging at SL 30 then go around that. +0 might be all you need.
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:10 am

Yea, elemental weapons are way OP at low levels. I will admit to having a level 30 elemental weapon build myself, but I use the power of chaos for good and not evil! I mostly play as an anti-ganking white phantom for low level peeps or a forest invader. On the one hand I wish they weren't in the game, but just as they help gankers they also help low level builds stand a chance against darkmoons and forest hosts.

The build in question: Link
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 am

OmniBot wrote:Yea, elemental weapons are way OP at low levels. I will admit to having a level 30 elemental weapon build myself, but I use the power of chaos for good and not evil! I mostly play as an anti-ganking white phantom for low level peeps or a forest invader. On the one hand I wish they weren't in the game, but just as they help gankers they also help low level builds stand a chance against darkmoons and forest hosts.

The build in question: Link

That build doesn't even meet the 53 poise threshold...

It also has a wooden shield instead of a.... GOOD shield.

Put away that bad shield, stick with Dark Hand, and get better armor to meet the 53 poise threshold.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:25 am

If you're sl 22 and a dm invades you you made a dumb mistake or bbd. If i'm dubious about a sl, I let them hit me. If it hurts, they get steamrolled for bbing and playing online where others get caught in the crossfire.
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:21 am

BindMind wrote:That build doesn't even meet the 53 poise threshold...

It also has a wooden shield instead of a.... GOOD shield.

Put away that bad shield, stick with Dark Hand, and get better armor to meet the 53 poise threshold.

It's not meant to be an optimized PvP build, it's just a fun Forest Hunter RP build.

The wooden shield has been my favorite shield in the game since I first found it. I dunno, I guess I just love using gimped stuff in any game I play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am