Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
NordNorth
tahiko
Imarreteet23
Forum Pirate
martyrsbrigade99
SpecOps0
dancash1808
nemesismonkey
Tolvo
FrEyes
Carphil
SlayerOfThe4Kings
16 posters

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

martyrsbrigade99 wrote:
    SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.
    Would the Black knight axe be better than the MLGS, if wanting for a faster kill? Just wondering because I see many people use Black knight axe. The axe does pretty good damage and its pretty fast to swing than the Dragon Great Sword. Is it because of its ridiculously long reach and quickness? :shock: :shock:

I would stay away from the black knight great axe. Using that weapon is asking for a riposte.
    Yeah, thtat is the BKGA's downfall. Quite frankly, I love it when I see a BKGA user, because nine times out of ten I will parry-riposte that guy to death.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Dead angle. I don't understand why people don't do it more. You'll never parry a good bkga user for that reason alone.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 am

Yeah, but the thing is that if you were skilled enough to dead-angle, you wouldn't be using the BKGA. I mean, not trying to generalize all BKGA users as noobs, but for most cases that is the reality of the situation. I have met only a couple of BKGA guys who didn't just swing wildy but, whatever.
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:03 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Dead angle. I don't understand why people don't do it more. You'll never parry a good bkga user for that reason alone.
    Not many people parry my Black Knight Great axe because I'm not the kind to swing it so wildly. big grin
    tahiko

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong? - Page 2 Empty bleeding/cursed/normal

Post by tahiko Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:42 pm

hey guys, it says in the wiki that there are 2 main versions, the cursed and the "normal" one, amd there is a third bleeding type by using a +10 flamberg... so whats the best version? wouldnt the normal version be useless regarding the fact that you have additional bleeding damage with a +10 flamberg? or is the physical damage lower? and what about the cursed sword damage, despite the ghost killing abillity?
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm

I don't think there is a version with bleed.. I think that information is false
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 pm

I think the GSoA is one of the worst, high scaling for split damage.
    T0 be good with the GSoA you usually need 40 in Str, Dex, Fth, Int. That alone is 116 levels from the Deprived char. (11 even) But for what? Lookie:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3590153324359824

The Great Lord Greatsword which only scales C/C is behind by 2 points, and it doesnt need Fth or Int.

A Magic MSGS is lagging behind the GSoA by only 60 AR, and it doesnt need Fth or Dex.

The GSoA may look badass, but there is definately better that can be achieved easier. (40/40 build alone will put a SSS at 418, only 100 AR behind a Greatsword that needs 80 more points.)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Buff any GS+15 with CMW, SLB, or DMB and it'll outdamage the GSoA, even with all 50's in scaling stats. If you don't buff, it's the highest AR GS, at something like 670 AR, which makes it good for ganking since you don't run out of buffing charges. Not that I condone ganking, but just saiyan that it's a high-level ganking weapon.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Or a good non-buffed weapon silly
    No buff =/= ganking
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:23 am

^ I know that no buff =/= ganking, but i'm saying that gankers at high levels prefer it because they don't have to waste items or spells that make their ganking less efficient. I feel that it falls into that niche where you either use it for PvE, or those stats allow you to use a buff that makes something else better in PvP. Personally, I like scaling weapons better than buffing, but GSoA is better than most scaling weapons in general, and all of them in its class. Being probably the best non-buffable weapon, a lot of high-levels use it to gank, so i consider its status as similar to the BKGA.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:43 am

I see, I do recall seeing an unusual amount of GSoAs lately with Heavy armor.
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 am

Ahem... What's ganking?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 am

A) Invading with weaponry furhter along in game than what is available.
    B) 3v1 gang banging phantoms
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:12 am

Trolololing along is ganking, I see. Thank you!
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:38 am

I enjoy the GSoA, but that was on my first run through of the game where I thought it was the best because it looked the coolest... The damage caps out at around 630, with buffs a majority of other weapons can beat that, so for a run with no spells, yes good sword, other wise not really.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 am

Look the only reason the GrtSword of A is cool is that it when stats are fully or almost fully maxed out you get the about the same dmg as an elemental ultra great sword in the regular great sword size package with the issue of split damge still the problem with the GoSA as it is with all split dmg weapons.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Look at the link I posted, You barely get past a Normal +15. Ultra GSs get into the 700s.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am