Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Share
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:17 pm

    Just want you guys opinion


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by Carphil on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:22 pm

    after SL 140, yes


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 pm

    Carphil wrote:after SL 140, yes
    Does the sword have anything to do with scaling humanities?


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Finland

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by FrEyes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 pm

    SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    Carphil wrote:after SL 140, yes
    Does the sword have anything to do with scaling humanities?
    No, I think it scales best with Int and Faith


    _________________
    "Gustavus! Adolphus!
    Libera et impera!
    Acerbus et ingens!
    Augusta per augusta!"
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 pm

    FrEyes wrote:
    SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    Carphil wrote:after SL 140, yes
    Does the sword have anything to do with scaling humanities?
    No, I think it scales best with Int and Faith
    Doesn't the sword do the most damage when it's up against undeads?


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Finland

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by FrEyes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:09 pm

    Thats caused by divine aux effect.


    _________________
    "Gustavus! Adolphus!
    Libera et impera!
    Acerbus et ingens!
    Augusta per augusta!"
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:14 pm

    FrEyes wrote:Thats caused by divine aux effect.
    Is it true the sword's attack points can go up to 1000 with the right scaling?


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Finland

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by FrEyes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm

    SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    FrEyes wrote:Thats caused by divine aux effect.
    Is it true the sword's attack points can go up to 1000 with the right scaling?
    No I think not http://tinyurl.com/d769lnv


    _________________
    "Gustavus! Adolphus!
    Libera et impera!
    Acerbus et ingens!
    Augusta per augusta!"
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:32 pm

    You can actually end up doing more damage with the cursed version because of the split damage on uncursed.
    avatar
    nemesismonkey
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 60
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-03-06

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by nemesismonkey on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:22 pm

    See http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=318358734
    The cursed version is a pretty good weapon. Has slightly longer reach then the claymore and some other great swords. It just requires some wasted stat points.
    And it cant be buffed which is a pity. Whether of not the slight AR increase is worth it is up to you.


    _________________
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 21

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by dancash1808 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:24 pm

    Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 pm

    dancash1808 wrote:Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.
    Would the Black knight axe be better than the MLGS, if wanting for a faster kill? Just wondering because I see many people use Black knight axe. The axe does pretty good damage and its pretty fast to swing than the Dragon Great Sword. Is it because of its ridiculously long reach and quickness? :shock: :shock:


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    nemesismonkey
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 60
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-03-06

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by nemesismonkey on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:32 pm

    SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.
    Would the Black knight axe be better than the MLGS, if wanting for a faster kill? Just wondering because I see many people use Black knight axe.Is it because of its ridiculously long reach and quickness? :shock: :shock:
    I would say yes. BkGA is a good weapon with very high AR and a quickness that outshines a lot of stuff. I think it is easy to play with and that's why it is so popular. And with the Ar so high back stabs really punish.
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 21

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by dancash1808 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:49 pm

    Black knights great axe is powerful. however things that I should mention.
    If you use its jumping attack you are wide open. and because it is so widely used the parry window is second nature to some PvP'ers (I'm not quite that good but its moveset has no surprises really.)
    I would rather the MLGS because it goes through most shields quite nicely. and it is one of the few one type non physical damage weapons. (less range than the BKGA about equal in terms of stunlocking but it has ranged attacks and only requires one stat to scale)


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:54 pm

    dancash1808 wrote:Black knights great axe is powerful. however things that I should mention.
    If you use its jumping attack you are wide open. and because it is so widely used the parry window is second nature to some PvP'ers (I'm not quite that good but its moveset has no surprises really.)
    I would rather the MLGS because it goes through most shields quite nicely. and it is one of the few one type non physical damage weapons. (less range than the BKGA about equal in terms of stunlocking but it has ranged attacks and only requires one stat to scale)
    ah yes the Magic Beam big grin


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 21

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by dancash1808 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:23 pm

    Indeed. magic beams are great for PvE if you can rest at a bonfire and repair regularly. PvP I find they work on people once before they get wise. I like to do it as they rush in.


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm

    dancash1808 wrote:Indeed. magic beams are great for PvE if you can rest at a bonfire and repair regularly. PvP I find they work on people once before they get wise. I like to do it as they rush in.
    I use the (two handed)magic beam when Im up against 2 or 3 phantoms. Knocks them right down hehe. Then I use the one handed magic beam when my opponents are running away from me twisted big grin big grin


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 21

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by dancash1808 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm

    Running away is just plain silly. it invites a backstab :') (just waiting for the day when someone baits me by running and switches to a halberd and destroys me xD)


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm

    dancash1808 wrote:Running away is just plain silly. it invites a backstab :') (just waiting for the day when someone baits me by running and switches to a halberd and destroys me xD)
    I know it invites a back stab but it's hard when your opponent can just cartwheel all the way so I just magic beam them(more funner also big grin big grin)Somebody baited me before I never even saw it.


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"

    SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 99
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-05-27
    Age : 22
    Location : Somewhere in Canada

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SpecOps0 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 pm

    It cant outdo other +15 weapons at NG3(upwards) as it has split AR which reduces it's damage. Good thing is, is it's good good scaling. I mean C, C ,C ,C that is really good only if it had more base damage. sad


    _________________
    Pillows... :affraid:
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by Carphil on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 pm

    The Greatsword of Artorias, both cursed and divine version, requires specials builds to work. In the right hands, this sword becomes one of the greatest weapons in the game, however, if you like handling easy and overused weapons, this sword is not for you.

    My build for the divine version: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2767108177980879

    With 30 faith and 30 inteligence, the cursed version would do about 120 or 150 more damage


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 21

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by dancash1808 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:07 pm

    SL 167 giving you 577 damage.
    one better alternative. no split damage and magic damage is usually less well defended. http://tinyurl.com/7bmb8ns although it has less overall damage it should do more.
    second alternative http://tinyurl.com/886z4ke
    you lose out on spellcasting but no split damage. in reality I would take a ton of points of strength and put them into getting a buff but it shows that it simply is not worth it.

    if you insisted on using it. http://tinyurl.com/6tt8f2l 2 hand it for 40 effective strength.
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:26 pm

    SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.
    Would the Black knight axe be better than the MLGS, if wanting for a faster kill? Just wondering because I see many people use Black knight axe. The axe does pretty good damage and its pretty fast to swing than the Dragon Great Sword. Is it because of its ridiculously long reach and quickness? :shock: :shock:


    I would stay away from the black knight great axe. Using that weapon is asking for a riposte.
    avatar
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 127
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-01
    Location : Abyss: kicking the 4 kings Ass*

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:18 pm

    Carphil wrote:The Greatsword of Artorias, both cursed and divine version, requires specials builds to work. In the right hands, this sword becomes one of the greatest weapons in the game, however, if you like handling easy and overused weapons, this sword is not for you.

    My build for the divine version: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2767108177980879

    With 30 faith and 30 inteligence, the cursed version would do about 120 or 150 more damage
    Great info Man! big grin big grin big grin


    _________________
    Watch It, We Got a BadAss over Here! king "I serve the Dark Lord"
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 pm

    dancash1808 wrote:Black knights great axe is powerful. however things that I should mention.
    If you use its jumping attack you are wide open. and because it is so widely used the parry window is second nature to some PvP'ers (I'm not quite that good but its moveset has no surprises really.)
    I would rather the MLGS because it goes through most shields quite nicely. and it is one of the few one type non physical damage weapons. (less range than the BKGA about equal in terms of stunlocking but it has ranged attacks and only requires one stat to scale)
    With the bkga dead angleing is the answer to both turtle and parry hounds. The bkga is really good at it too.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:36 pm