Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
3nvy
FruitPunchNinja
Reaperfan
TheBigLebowski
Severance
mugenis4real
Carphil
Serious_Much
Chaos Spectre
FrEyes
cloudyeki
Dubscythe
BackwardsBaboon
Buggy Virus
skarekrow13
User
Minorino
21 posters

What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC?

Minorino
    Minorino
    Casual
    Casual

What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC? Empty What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC?

Post by Minorino Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:37 pm

As the title says, what are you looking forward to most, and hoping for most? New weapons and armor? New enemies and challenges? New areas and lore? Or just all of that stuff together, or something else all together?

I´m still on my first playthrough, and have a lot left to see in Dark Souls, but at the same time I just don´t want it to end, so anything that can add on to the experience is great. What I like most about it, with the information we got now, is that there will be new areas to explore. If it had simply been new weapons/enemies/bosses set in old areas I wouldn´t have been as into it as I am now.

So what about you? What are you looking forward to the most?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC? Empty Re: What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC?

Post by User Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Lore.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC? Empty Re: What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC?

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Scarecrow trees with watering cans that I hope I can have one of
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Top hat helmet.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:33 pm

:affraid: Acidic said "lore," I'm shocked!!! lol!

I'm gonna resist the urge to say "everything about it" and force myself to pick one! Gonna have to go with that feeling you get when exploring a new area...having no idea what is around the next corner! I am currently experiencing that feeling again with my first playthrough of Demon's Souls, but it isn't my ps3 so my play time on that is very limited. Just an unbeatable feeling (as far as video games go) and I cant wait to explore more of Lordran! What are you looking forward to most in the new DLC? 3207319737
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm

The new enemies, boss battles, areas, weapons etc etc.

To sum it up, everything the DLC has to offer.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Artorias' armor. I hope it has a limitation on it like no left arm weapon so I have a reason to be the only one using it!
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Top hat dude! I want his gear so badly!
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 pm

The new dark magic. Dear lord does it look sweet.

And the new battle system.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:26 pm

ChaosServantSpectre wrote:The new dark magic. Dear lord does it look sweet.

new magic and battle system? like what?
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    ChaosServantSpectre wrote:The new dark magic. Dear lord does it look sweet.

new magic and battle system? like what?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.305255222880862.71295.119869331419453&type=1

Isnt fully explained yet, but images were released today on the new content. One showing a barrage of dark magic, and the other one showing two people fighting, but the description says something about the new battle system.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:30 pm

OMG, I JUST REALIZED IT!!! THE NEW BATTLE MODE MIGHT BE NON-INVASION!!!

Meaning full color, no aura, just completely original look. I can't wait, finally I can wear the clothes I want without wishing for the aura to be gone so people could see what I truly look like.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Artorias armor? 50% of the online people using Giants armor and the other 50% using Artorias armor, even with poor stats.

I won't deny that his armor is really cool and that he is a badass, his sword is my favorite weapon in the game, but I'm not Artorias or an imitation, thats why I'm happy, no one else will use my favorite Wanderer coat!

I'm expecting to PVP in the new areas, as well soloing the new bosses
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Sorry Carphil, but while my first character (now temporarily capped at sl120) has experimented with MANY different armor combos, including giant's, he is now back to sportin' his original wanderer's gear! However, since we are on different systems I guess you still don't have to worry!!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:45 pm

BackwardsBaboon wrote:Sorry Carphil, but while my first character (now temporarily capped at sl120) has experimented with MANY different armor combos, including giant's, he is now back to sportin' his original wanderer's gear! However, since we are on different systems I guess you still don't have to worry!!

Indeed, I also have another armor combo that I never saw anyone using out there: Black knight gear without the helmet or shield. This armor is somehow underated and only used by cosplay builds, very strange
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I look forward to killing all the new everything twisted
    Severance

Post by Severance Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:25 am

I look forward to being killed by all the new everything winking
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am

Looking forward to new areas and exploring some dungeons. Wondering how big it will be. The price is around 15 bucks/euros so if it's 1/4th of the epicness dark souls is, that would be awesome.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:09 am

Really? Nobody has said this yet? I wanna see what fighting Gouge will be like. They say he's an NPC and not an enemy, but that won't stop me from aggroing him once he's run his storyline course just to find out happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:58 am

i look forward to that amazing feeling of entering an area fromsoft designed for the very first time. i also want to see what/if they change/patch anything major. the possible new magic that looks cool as hell. the new pvp arena. hawkeyes officials cap(they should call it that. seeing if that spin kick he does is just a npc only move or if maybe its a ring ability similar to flips(that would actually be pretty damn cool). pretty much everything lol. im going to have to go into hiding because i dont have a powerful pc and i know everything is going to be spoiled for people waiting for console dlc.

about the spin kick that hawkeye does in the trailer. does anyone know of one of the invading red phantom npcs doing something that only they can do? i seem to only remember them doing attacks that the player can also preform(basically they have the same ability). the first thing i thought of is that special crit attack the hollow thiefs do, but thats different imo cause they are not invading red phantom npcs.
    3nvy

Post by 3nvy Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Carphil wrote:
    BackwardsBaboon wrote:Sorry Carphil, but while my first character (now temporarily capped at sl120) has experimented with MANY different armor combos, including giant's, he is now back to sportin' his original wanderer's gear! However, since we are on different systems I guess you still don't have to worry!!

Indeed, I also have another armor combo that I never saw anyone using out there: Black knight gear without the helmet or shield. This armor is somehow underated and only used by cosplay builds, very strange

I use that with every build of mine.. Looks awesome and good stats.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm most looking forward to exploring Oolacile. It seems like such an epic area
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Looking forward to ''spreading misery'' in the new area's by gravelording & curious about everything !

Hope the arena won't ruin covenants !
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:28 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i look forward to that amazing feeling of entering an area fromsoft designed for the very first time. i also want to see what/if they change/patch anything major. the possible new magic that looks cool as hell. the new pvp arena. hawkeyes officials cap(they should call it that. seeing if that spin kick he does is just a npc only move or if maybe its a ring ability similar to flips(that would actually be pretty damn cool). pretty much everything lol. im going to have to go into hiding because i dont have a powerful pc and i know everything is going to be spoiled for people waiting for console dlc.

about the spin kick that hawkeye does in the trailer. does anyone know of one of the invading red phantom npcs doing something that only they can do? i seem to only remember them doing attacks that the player can also preform(basically they have the same ability). the first thing i thought of is that special crit attack the hollow thiefs do, but thats different imo cause they are not invading red phantom npcs.

I believe you're mistaken. Gough is not the Phantom in the top hat that does the spin kick. This is Hawkeye Gough:

Spoiler:

The NPC in the trailer was a supposedly scrapped enemy that was first seen in the first art book that was given out with the collector's edition of Dark Souls, seen here:

Spoiler:

Sorry to be nitpicky, just looking to clarify winking
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 pm

I look forward to getting that badass armor set. At least, I hope it's there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 am