Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

parrying partner

omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

parrying partner Empty parrying partner

Post by omega Elf Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:16 pm

need other players to practice parrying vaious weapons with, the goal is to be able to parry all the most common weapons

what happens is we each choose the others weapon then one of us takes turn to parry attacks until they have to heal then we switch

i already have one guy im training with but he's on a dex character so cant weild all the weapons, i'll be using an sl 120 character with 50 str 24 dex

if your interested then just add me as friend on xbox and if im online and you have an hour or so to practice message me and i'll summon you
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

parrying partner Empty Re: parrying partner

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 pm

omega Elf wrote:need other players to practice parrying vaious weapons with, the goal is to be able to parry all the most common weapons

what happens is we each choose the others weapon then one of us takes turn to parry attacks until they have to heal then we switch

i already have one guy im training with but he's on a dex character so cant weild all the weapons, i'll be using an sl 120 character with 50 str 24 dex

if your interested then just add me as friend on xbox and if im online and you have an hour or so to practice message me and i'll summon you

I can hook up with you on Monday. I'm pretty good at parrying. In fact, the only weapon I can't parry right now is the Falchion. Other than that, I could probably help.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:08 am

0.o I thought the falchion had essentially the same moveset and therefore windows as the other curved swords... *looks into making a falchion build*

and if by some freak chance your on xbox not PS3 I could try. I'm not as experienced as martyrs but hey, practice makes perfect and all that
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 am

He said he was on the xbox.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:30 am

omega Elf wrote:need other players to practice parrying vaious weapons with, the goal is to be able to parry all the most common weapons

Ooooops, sorry Dude! Spoke too soon. I'm not on Xbox. sad
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

i've not tested it yet but i expect the falchion is the same as most other pvp weapons in that you have to read the players movements and anticipate when they're about to strike and then parry a fraction of a second before they attack
    pve parrying is very different and much easier in that you can just time the parry to the attack

I'm currently practicing with a parrying dagger and a regular shield, the parrying dagger has a slightly longer window in which to parry but you still have to parry before they attack, if you parry the instant they attack you hit the end of the window blocking most damage but not pulling off the parry
    Garl Vinland
    Garl Vinland
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Garl Vinland Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Omega its me TheRobotBiscuit. I would definitley help you for all that you have done for me.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:49 pm

If you want message me sometime I can always help ^.^ also I find the "fast" type more useful than the special type. shorter window but it activates much quicker.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Garl Vinland wrote:Omega its me TheRobotBiscuit. I would definitley help you for all that you have done for me.

cool but only if your looking to practice too, if you want to pay back a favour though i accidently fed my souls to frampt lol I need to transfer them back, i can give you whatever items you need in return

Last edited by omega Elf on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Garl Vinland
    Garl Vinland
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Garl Vinland Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:31 pm

I dont need anything in return but some parrying practice and I can definitly get some souls for you. What timr are you going to be on.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 pm

dancash1808 wrote:If you want message me sometime I can always help ^.^ also I find the "fast" type more useful than the special type. shorter window but it activates much quicker.

will do
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Garl Vinland wrote:I dont need anything in return but some parrying practice and I can definitly get some souls for you. What timr are you going to be on.

thanks I don't know when i'll be on but i'll message you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am