Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Yukon
Buggy Virus
Eolan
billy_bayonet
Federally
DoughGuy
Extertionist
Spurgun
T-King-667
cloudyeki
russiannightmare
15 posters

theories made from new DLC trailer

russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

theories made from new DLC trailer Empty theories made from new DLC trailer

Post by russiannightmare Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:33 am

So I just got done watching the new trailer for the DLC and a few things I noticed in it which can be seen better on IGN's rewind trailer.

First, it looks like the entrance for the DLC is around where the hydra in Dark Root Basin is located.

Second, it looks like there is a new forest area with the stone warriors return but with a new weapon.

Third, I'm sure everyone saw the red phantom in the trailer but IGN thought it was just another player but I think it is a new NPC invader because of the sweeping kick.

Fourth, if you notice in the trailer there is a structure that looks like the outside of an arena shown at least twice, could it be Gwyn's boss area in the past. It looks very similiar just an observation.

Fifth and final, at the end of the trailer after the title is shown there is one final shot that if you notice the sword could it be our first look at Artorias in action making his grand entrance for our showdown with him?

Just my observations what do you all think?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/31/ign-rewind-theater-dark-souls-artorias-of-the-abyss-dlc
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

theories made from new DLC trailer Empty Re: theories made from new DLC trailer

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:40 am

That invader is kickass! I do hope we get that hat. He most likely is an NPC, just like how all the npc's with parry daggers have the dagger held up. Or how Andre dropkicks you.

Funny thing about Artorias, in EVERY image we see of him his left arm is limply held. On his left pauldron there's a slash/stab opening. Even in the video he comes down with a limp arm.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:11 am

i cant beleive they never noticed that the guy at the enof of the trailer was artorias his name is right in the title of the dlc XD and thats his sword that he has in his hand as well.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 am

cloudyeki wrote:That invader is kickass! I do hope we get that hat. He most likely is an NPC, just like how all the npc's with parry daggers have the dagger held up. Or how Andre dropkicks you.

Funny thing about Artorias, in EVERY image we see of him his left arm is limply held. On his left pauldron there's a slash/stab opening. Even in the video he comes down with a limp arm.

How many pictures of Artorias is there?
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:14 am

What if you time travel in the DLC and it's a bit like the painted world of araimis where you have to get to another portal to get out.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:16 am

design book, promotional, and PC cover. Also for further proof, in that vid you posted Artorias' arm bends backwards as he comes down.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:44 am

I must see this. Also dont be fooled by the left side image of him on the forums left sude, its a mirror image of the right sideone.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:27 am

I can't formulate any logical thoughts while watching the trailer my inner voice just keeps screaming "OMG THAT'S AWESOME! I WANNA DO THAT!" Over and over. Makes it very hard to analyze lol
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:29 am

heres my theory, its gonna be *** awesome! lol
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:21 am

Im excited too. I wonder if there'll be any addressing of the braziers/pendant/tomb of the first born. Im keen to solve that mystery more than artorias'.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 am

I don't believe we will be going into the past. More likely we just see the effects of Artoria's fall and hear the story.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 am

Yeah we'll hear the story as underwater whispers, and we'll all have to dig out the pieces from wall textures and armour descriptions happy
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:33 am

Pretty sure they actually said you will be going into the past. Plus the fact the hand grabs you and disappears confirms you arent going to be in your current world for it.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:41 am

Where you talking about the concept thread being mirrored dough?

I don't believe I mirrored it it should be facing the correct way... anyway what I really wanted to post was that if you look up in the valley of the drakes the skyline is the same color as the sky where you fight the large dragon. I noticed it while doing some blue titanite farming runs for the wiki weapons list... Could be nothing, but since its so near to the forest I think the DLC might extend to the easily forgotten drake valley.

EDIT: DUUURR, I see what you mean now dough. Yeah nevermind... Guess this will just be a plug for my concept art thread now. WHOO.

Last edited by Yukon on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 am

lol if you just hear about artorias instead of having an epic fight with him I'd be rather disappointed silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 am

^you see him killing something so I reckon you'll fight him.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:57 am

I wanna fight the dragon in the beginning!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am

I want a watering can. To add something useful to the thread there's a quick cutscene of a grave/monument in a circular room. The grave is not Artorias' but the room reminds of what his would have looked like prior to the wall falling. And Dough I'm pretty sure heard right. One of the interviews said specifically that it was back in time after the fall of Artorias and Oolacile plays a big part.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:02 am

Also what about that wall with the glowing text. looks an awful lot like the old church andre is in.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:08 am

Yeah it does. A lot of the architecture seems similar to there and the ruins in Darkroot. If we're right then Darkroot is what the forest Oolacile overlooked became. Also one of the paintings I was never able to identify in Anor Londo I eventually thought looked like the tower in the Painted World. Looks a lot like the Oolacile pics too. Was Ariamis ever given a country? Maybe he's an Oolacillian as well with their "gentle" magics that are "more of an approximation" he was able to create a new world? Or else he saw it at least to paint it and possibly model the Painted World tower on.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:12 am

^That would back up me theory of how Pris turns invis. He painted the world with magic paint. And it makes sense for a successful artict to paint his homeland, especially if it was destroyed.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am

It's not even out and my crazy rants have begun! Watch out everyone
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:17 am

To the archivemobile! God we really shouldnt be loring yet.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 am

I know. Every year 3,624 lives are lost in New York State alone to reckless loring.
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:30 am

Aren't that invader wearing a top hat same dude thats at art book?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am