Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
TheBigLebowski
Wilkinson3424
SpecOps0
BoilerFan8472
RANT
Baldor Ostarv
Federally
Uparkaam
Serious_Much
jjshowal
14 posters

Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles? - Page 3 Empty Re: Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles?

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 pm

I bought the original fat 20gb PS3 that didn't have wifi for 600 at the release Look Skyward
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles? - Page 3 Empty Re: Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles?

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm

sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    Baldor Ostarv wrote:They need a price drop on the Vitas as well.

That would boost sales, if by a small margin.

i dont think the vita needs a price drop at all, imo the price is fair for what it is but it WOULD definately boost the sales. i dont get why people are not buying it more though.

because it's too expensive, hence why not many people buy it lol.

if people think it's too expensive they need to get a job.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Thu May 31, 2012 1:56 pm

When I look at it if a new gamer wants a "system" be it ps3 or vita or whatever, Vita is the least economical. it's the same price as a ps3, so why would they spend the same amount of money for something less...?

On topic now lol. Umm i want it be a prequel to demon's souls. They could play with the monumentals and stuff and how they all died.

Also they should keep with the two year cycle, gives it more time for the difficulty to be polished.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm

SpecOps0 wrote:What would they name the game anyway? o.o Blue souls? Dark dark souls? or the good old classic Dark souls 2.. or maybe something else?

Pitch black souls. :face:
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 31, 2012 5:06 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:
    SpecOps0 wrote:What would they name the game anyway? o.o Blue souls? Dark dark souls? or the good old classic Dark souls 2.. or maybe something else?

Pitch black souls. :face:

Starring Vin Diesel . LOL
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 5:11 pm

i think, much like dark souls, it will take place in the same universe/world as demon's souls. FROM developers have alluded that lordran is a different country or area in the world as boletaria. basically, all i want is more demon's and dark souls. that's all anyone should ever want when it comes to video games right?
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Thu May 31, 2012 5:21 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

i dont think the vita needs a price drop at all, imo the price is fair for what it is but it WOULD definately boost the sales. i dont get why people are not buying it more though.

That amount of money is better spent on other things.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 6:34 pm

jjshowal wrote:i think, much like dark souls, it will take place in the same universe/world as demon's souls. FROM developers have alluded that lordran is a different country or area in the world as boletaria. basically, all i want is more demon's and dark souls. that's all anyone should ever want when it comes to video games right?

I want a sequel. I'm hooked on Lordran and I wanna see more and learn more about it.
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Thu May 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Baldor Ostarv wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

That amount of money is better spent on other things.

One cannot be dogmatic. Realistic in relative terms by all means however.

All I'm asking of any future sequels on next gen platforms is that the loot comes on fully unique corpses, there are more animations for character models and you know, better graphics.

Also, Dragon's Dogma's climbing system is pretty radical in the sea of today's action rpgs, I wouldn't mind seeing that incorporated in some form.
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Federally wrote:
    jjshowal wrote:i think, much like dark souls, it will take place in the same universe/world as demon's souls. FROM developers have alluded that lordran is a different country or area in the world as boletaria. basically, all i want is more demon's and dark souls. that's all anyone should ever want when it comes to video games right?

I want a sequel. I'm hooked on Lordran and I wanna see more and learn more about it.

I doubt that will happen, but there's always DLC.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 31, 2012 8:31 pm

Both souls games have had 2 year development cycles. So I seriously doubt the next one will be next gen. Unless sony takes their 10 year plan and hucks it, the ps3 has still got 4 years left.

So no. At least not on the sony side. 1 more, maybe even 2, will be on the ps3 if the trend holds.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Also it will more than likely be Dark Souls 2.

The only reason they couldn't use Demon's Souls 2 is because SONY owns the IP. And SONY was not interested in a sequel. So FROM went elsewhere, that is why they had to create a brand new story and world. They will never go back to Demon's Souls as FROM has now seen how profitable it is to make a cross platform game. They go from selling about 400k copies of DeS for PS3 to over 1.5 millions or Darks. With Sony holding the IP they would be unable to make it cross platform. And so Demon's dies and we all morn the loss.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 pm

I prefer lordran anyway personally so I'm not complaining silly
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 pm

I think it just the lack of advertisement and word of mouth of how difficult Demon's Souls was.

Dark Souls feautured a lot of marketing compared to Demon's Souls.

I'm just happy that everyone gets to enjoy this game.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 31, 2012 8:45 pm

WTF would be the point in dark souls 2?. Story resolved. There are unanswered questions, but dark souls 2 would be a huge mistake. New world, new lore, new system is the way to go. Especially without a "main character" or fleshed out world to tie the games together.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 pm

yeah... a sequel to dark souls would mean that the original would have to end in someway. i just want a new area/world with the same mechanics. demon's souls was a near perfect game, and dark souls was a fantastic improvement. excited to see where they could take the series in the future.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 pm

I agree JJ, and long as the DWGR never sees the light of day beyond Dark Souls I'll be happy with the improvements silly
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh they will keep it in Lordran but it will more than likely be a new location. And they will just expand on the lore and add new NPC's. This would also allow them to reuse some of the designs they already have and then they can just tweek the systems they already have in place. Which would cut down on the overall time to to program a sequel, which means we could see it in a year instead of 2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 am