Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+94
argotthar
loklopez
Darkpicha
xxHeroinxBobxx
ViralEnsign_
alxyamaguchi
Emergence
LordRevan
TehInfamousAmos
Sun Bruh
Kiva the wanderer
passivefamiliar
DxV04
Ciledaknuf
Alocas
Garl_Vinland
Slarg232
Pesth
RandelOolacile
Sheldor
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Sabre120
joeclone
Nymfo
Zodiaxel
Bioraptor
isthefridge
Zombie_Collin
BishopHavel
Juutas
Estebanx1
Odinbear
Shkar
TheNudgeMan
H3adShotty
FruitPunchNinja
Zakkia
Ser Isaac
BartholomewWenceslas
Artorias
lordgodofhell
SlayerOfThe4Kings
BackwardsBaboon
dianaduh
Yukon
Raptrojo
billy_bayonet
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yarxov
Tolvo
bloodpixel
his1n-
PlasticandRage
reim0027
JohnnyHarpoon
Majikero07
Viexnia
Azran
Severance
pillz1990
sonofartorias
RNsunbro
Yesuurd
Extertionist
TheBigLebowski
Wilkinson3424
GkMrBane
Leeroy_Jenkins
deadagain
SpecOps0
RagingDragon_69
Dubscythe
jjshowal
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
robsthedon
Federally
skarekrow13
Rynoa
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
Rollo-9
Jorund
sunbro
ublug
DoughGuy
FrEyes
SlakeMoth
dancash1808
Blazalin
Noob-of-Artorias
Baldor Ostarv
Wade_Wilson
98 posters

Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th. - Page 13 Empty Re: Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th.

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:05 pm

The only good thing from it seems to be the dlc existing at all. Sounds like they wouldn't have made it if out weren't for the PC edition
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th. - Page 13 Empty Re: Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th.

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah, there is that.

Honestly, I don't forsee much in the way of spoilers coming from the DLC videos. Hell, half the lore comes from item descriptions, and only people like Vageta and ENB even pay attention to those. Unfortunatly, I'mma going to have to avoid their channels when the PC version comes out sad
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Yea im seriously going to have to not come to this forum and unsubscribe to them until DLC comes out. I wonder how it will work if jpn gets the DLC before us, will they be able to pvp with us with the new gear. I will have to not play dark souls for a month either. Fromsoft and Namco Bandai really are stupid in doing this.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:21 pm

I have a good pc and the Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver for pc, but i dont think i'll buy dks for pc, i think is too much have the game in 2 platforms

and i still have to finish Deus Ex: human revolutions
    and i'll probably buy borderlands 2 for xbox too so i can focus
    in other stuff while dks dlc doesnt comes out
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Yea same here, will just focus on other games till then i guess.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

im not sure if this is new or not but here you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcfg0ZZhJnQ
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:34 pm

isthefridge wrote:im not sure if this is new or not but here you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcfg0ZZhJnQ

That's yesterday new, I doubt EVERYONE has seen it though.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:06 am

I took a looksee at the photo gallery on the official game site and I think I know what happened to Artorias' left arm (among other things). As per my usual coy nature.....

There's an abundance of clues in this picture

EDIT: A bit of a disclaimer as the clues add evidence to what I assumed happened to his arm in the first place. More importantly this picture can help tell the story that I think happened.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I took a looksee at the photo gallery on the official game site and I think I know what happened to Artorias' left arm (among other things). As per my usual coy nature.....

There's an abundance of clues in this picture

I must be dumb, but I really don't get it..
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am

I have a pretty well thought out idea but want to see what other people notice in this picture before I say my theory. First rule of investigations (which I better know, being an investigator and all) is to do your best not to plant an idea of your own into other people's heads. So I'll definitely spell out what I see soon but not right now. As for being dumb I highly doubt it Juutas. The devil is in the details as they say and while I see a few details they supported an idea I had. I found the biggest clue by accident actually and led me to look for more.

For a hint since I know someone keeping secrets is annoying as hell:
    I personally don't see a reason to look at his left arm in this picture. Just about everything else is potentially more significant.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:34 am

Well the only think I can figure out that the abyss is slowly infecting Artorias and making him more "hollow" and when he meets the player he finally loses himself to the darkness. He maybe got "infected" by touching something he shouldn't with his left arm.

edit: Why left arm you say? You all know why he couldn't risk the right one...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Well something interesting to note is how Artorias wears his helm. He wears it like an ancient hero, with the chin of the helm resting on their forehead to allow them greater sight. He's obviously not in his right mind to be in combat with his helm lifted like that.

Another part is how his clothing is torn on his chest. Towards his right arm it is very frayed, which would lead us to thinking that maybe it faced the most damage. But, the left side is very clean as if it was cut. This might say it is part of the design, but the art on it is damage. This would mean if a great blast were to strike, that was ground zero of the body. If he was caught in an explosion of blast of some sort, his left arm was directly where he was hit. Considering his greatshield, it is set up to be exactly around his greatshield. Perhaps he blocked something, and it went around his shield. Which could explain what happened to it, in the art work we can see it is cracked and heavily damaged.

Another interesting question is the other residue. Not the blackness on the ground, but the strange stuff on his sword. That isn't rust or merely dirt from age, it is something clinging to his sword, armor, and probably body.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:10 pm

You missed something even more interesting on the sword but that's most of the stuff I was referring to. The cloth seems to have been damaged from the left mostly just like you said. However, I saw it as frayed from age, pretty much universally on each side, but the left is discolored. So since I don't like keeping secrets too long.......

Spoiler:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:23 pm

So what you are saying is...I could be a PI!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Of course. Although I don't know what the certification requirements are in your state. Or my state for that matter.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Oh yeah, in reference to his gear it was designed for dealing with fire. Which, if fire was the origin of the damage to him the cloth would be far more destroyed. But if it was dark magic, like from a dark being, his shield doesn't block out magic that well. Also his armor is similar to the black knight set, since he is related to the black knights definitely. Meaning, fire is what he is best against, but magic would be his bane. Since darkness seems to be a type of magic, should it hit his shield and get through, or around, he would be susceptible to it definitely.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm glad to see you guys are looking into "Floppy". The sword was the first thing I noticed in the picture, on the topic of dark magic, Do you remember those little "Princess Mononoke" things?
    In the E3 trailer someone using Beatrice's set was casting those, that being said, since Beatrice went into the Abyss like Artorias did, maybe she was going after him and did that to him.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm wondering if his shield wasn't destroyed by it. My guess is a being (maybe the Abyss itself is a living entity) did this since the sword was damaged in an odd way. But that's nitpicking since I think the being was made of or is master of Dark Magic. Trying to hit it was a bad idea with the sword so blocking might not have gone well either.

So the real point is this:
    If any of this is even remotely true the extrapolation would be that there's no way to "fight" this thing safely. At least not with any gear we currently have. Is Artorias an EARLY boss and teaches us the wisdom of seeking something else to stop this thing? Do we even stop the Darkness? Does his fight and apparent loss mean we seek a different route? Maybe trap it like the Dragon God in Demons Souls or *cough cough* seal it *cough cough* somehow......

EDIT: My sweet sweet Beatrice attacking and maiming Artorias? I would be one sad panda.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:14 pm

In the Gamescom trailer, Dusk talks about a monster from the Abyss that Artsy-Fartsy saved her from. Sooooo that might mean Beatrice didn't hurt him, but since I thought of it I like it. lol
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:25 pm

I know enb said something similar, but i think that Beatrice is from oolacile. She is said to be one of the few mages who uses offensive magic that did not study at vinheim. Maybe she was from oolacile and was starting to experiment with some unknown kind of offensive magic(an oolacile no no) and it started up some kind of chaos that began the fall of oolacile.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey that's similar to my theory from ages ago! No fair sad

Lol....Actually I noted that most of the magic is utilitarian.
    Ex. Man it's dark in here *cast light*
    or I can't believe how much a burned the toast. I just broke my butter knife *repair weapon*
    Other magic seems to manipulate light. You should probably emphasize the word light when you read it, what with all the info on the new content coming out.

Also the catalyst she sells works well for pretty much anyone meaning that their magic might have been universal. Not like Vinheim where you had to go to school. Maybe everyone knows magic in Oolacile.

Anyway, this all led to my theory that they collaborated on a bigger spell that went kinda kablooey on them. Basically a magic nuke. This fit well with Dusk's dialogue that her home was "burned to ashes." Also she states that other magics contrast from Oolacile as they focus on "negating all but thy self." Does that mean Oolacile magics play better with others?

I tend to think Dusk is a focal point since she was given the special crown to amplify her power.

I haven't delved into Beatrice's location origin so that's definitely a possibility too.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:37 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I know enb said something similar, but i think that Beatrice is from oolacile. She is said to be one of the few mages who uses offensive magic that did not study at vinheim. Maybe she was from oolacile and was starting to experiment with some unknown kind of offensive magic(an oolacile no no) and it started up some kind of chaos that began the fall of oolacile.

This makes me think that Beatrice unleashed the Abyss on Oolacile. That b*tch.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 pm

I had a theory a while ago, theres a topic somewhere around here, that vinheim was responsible for the destruction of oolacile. My theory was that oolacile discovered a powerful type of magic, which caused both vinheim socereres and way of the white to go to war with oolacile. let me see if i can find the topic xD. This(beatrice theory) sounds more realistic and fits more with what we know as of now.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t6839-dark-souls-lore?highlight=Oolacile+lore+theory

Some of my theory's from a while ago, no one seemed to agree. I only had one response xD
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Cool theory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm