Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
barrywilkins
Quarik
Federally
bloodpixel
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Mustaklaki
Imarreteet23
12 posters

Imagine a world...

Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Imagine a world... Empty Imagine a world...

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 29, 2012 11:37 pm

I have been thinking of a whole bunch of scenarios that could happen in Dark Souls. Like: what if backstabs were removed from the game; what are the consequences of a PvP arena; what if the DWGR was taken away/heavily nerfed, etc. But, amongst these, one scenario really stands out to me. Now, this may seem a little far-fetched, but bear with me. This is strictly hypothetical. Here goes.

What if, by some divine miracle, the Forest was completely purged of gankers? Mainly, how would the Forest Hunters react? Would they be happy, because their whole goal, I.E. to eradicate the farmers, was now completed? Or would they be sad, because now the Forest would be seeing much less action? Maybe they (or should I say we; I'm also a Forest Hunter) would feel purposeless? So, what do all you Forest Hunters think? How do you think you would react?

Edit: Oh yeah, and try not to make this a flamewar of some kind. Thank you. winking

Last edited by Imarreteet23 on Tue May 29, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    Casual
    Casual

Imagine a world... Empty Re: Imagine a world...

Post by Mustaklaki Tue May 29, 2012 11:40 pm

I don't care about Forest Gankers, take away their ability to use emotes, or any form of taunt really and I'm the better man, because 1v1 I'll beat them every time. So I already know I'm better than them.

Forest is really the only area where you're going to get fights where you can 2v1 or 2v2 and get some pretty intense battles going. Added onto this, I've already ripped my disc from my Xbox and threw it at the wall while yelling profanities, took a machete, and then chopped at my bed and took a huge chunk out of it. Yeah. That's what gankers do to you.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 12:44 am

We'd still fight there, duelling new players and questers. There would just be less of us.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 am

And we might finally get tolvo back into the forest!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed May 30, 2012 1:18 am

Last chance, blue pill? Or the red pill?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 1:20 am

If you get me 10 min I can replace the lyrics in the song so they match dark souls.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 1:24 am

Here it is
    Spoiler:
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 3:13 am

If the 'gankers' were eliminated then the forums would be full of forest hosts, like myself, banding together to wipe out the douche bag forest hunters. This forum is heavily biased towards hunters so many over look the fact hunters as a group behave just as crummy as forest hosts.

*DISCLAIMER* Not taking a shot at any of the forum hunters. You guys seem legit, though I don't think I've ever been invaded by any of you, but you guys are a minority. So I'm sharing the sometimes over looked perspective of the forest host.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 3:16 am

^Actually many of us (at least in the alvina thread) recognise that hunters can be D bags. We feel thats its the gankers which have cause this, not vice versa. In order to kill the monsters they became monsters. Although you post in the Alvina thread dont you?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 30, 2012 3:19 am

Chicken and the egg, the forest is a cesspit. Fortunately for all, it's a very fun one.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 am

DoughGuy wrote:^Actually many of us (at least in the alvina thread) recognise that hunters can be D bags. We feel thats its the gankers which have cause this, not vice versa. In order to kill the monsters they became monsters. Although you post in the Alvina thread dont you?

Yes I do.

Maybe I worded my post wrong. You guys acknowledge it but its not spoken of much simply because there are many more hunters then hosts here.

Well the way the forest is setup discourages hosts from doing it solo. Every 45 seconds you get a new hunter invading, so its not conducive to 1v1s since 90% of the time the 2nd hunter will just come to BS you and the other 9.9% of the time will just come spam WotG to interrupt your fight. So honestly standing in the forest alone, like I do, is kind of a stupid thing to do. Just wish it was easier to find a partner white phantom who will behave in a non douchey manner.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 am

I see what you mean now. Yeah you're right. The lack of us hosting means we dont see the othre side sa much but the methods we tak of could be used for both sides.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 am

Hosting the forest is like 4 Kings Hyper Mode. It's a race to kill hunters before the next one spawns and you get over whelmed. So just the mechanics of the zone pushes hosts towards bringing phantoms, though sadly its too easy to bring 2 phantoms and a friendly DW and just camp FH spawns with your rainbow brigade.

Hmmm now I've got myself thinking. I think I'm gonna hook up with a friend next time I host. Take turns 1v1ing the first hunter to invade and having backup on hand when the 2nd one comes along.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 30, 2012 3:42 am

Federally, you are an island of sanity in the sea of leaves and D-baggery that is the forest. On behalf of all forum hunters, thank you for hosting fairly. I can only hope that eventually the gankers on both sides will be filtered out and the forest will become a fair (not honorable) mosh pit of death.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 4:02 am

Quarik wrote:Federally, you are an island of sanity in the sea of leaves and D-baggery that is the forest. On behalf of all forum hunters, thank you for hosting fairly. I can only hope that eventually the gankers on both sides will be filtered out and the forest will become a fair (not honorable) mosh pit of death.

Well someone needs to make sure you hunters still know what to do when you're staring down a lone opponent wielding nothing but a sword and shield! tongue

Seriously though thanks! Sadly I can't get invaded by you one day sad
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 am

sadness. in a world with no gankers, who would be left to backstab?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed May 30, 2012 8:04 am

Hehe without a common goal uniting us we would fall in to a glorious massive in fight silly
    I hunt because there are always more hosts than hunters and more pvp matches is better
    if there were no gankers I would probably host half the time silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 8:06 am

Where would men were tights? And look for fights?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 8:08 am

I think it's incorrect to say the "purpose" of forest hunters is to go after gankers, it's just anyone who goes into the forest, whether they be honourable duelists or TWoP to WoG spam gankers. Forest hunters would still have purpose a plenty.

To me, removing BS from online play would cause a massive upsurge in people spamming spells and stunlock. It's up to others whether this would be a good or bad thing.

DWGR removal would mean medium armour with havels ring for fast flip would become the "ideal" with wolf ring to back it up. I'd say this overall is less abusable than the DWGR though, it is not quite as overwhelmingly useful as using the DWGR
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

What if we just nerfed the whole game? Everything did one damage and some things took away health that offered no benefit to use besides looking cool?

I am sure these things run through Froms mind as they hear some of our cries for nerfing the life out of DS, but personally I have my ring of fog so anything that happens to gankers hosts causing a mass exodus wouldnt bother me. As long as you get those first 3 kills!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:44 pm

"What if, by some divine miracle, the Forest was completely purged of gankers? Mainly, how would the Forest Hunters react? Would they be happy, because their whole goal, I.E. to eradicate the farmers, was now completed? Or would they be sad, because now the Forest would be seeing much less action? Maybe they (or should I say we; I'm also a Forest Hunter) would feel purposeless? So, what do all you Forest Hunters think? How do you think you would react?"

If you've seen First Blood, the Rambo film...Yeah, that's how I imagine it would go for us forest hunters as we try and adapt to mainstream PvP again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 pm