Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Carphil
Gumby
Dilby
k0rruptid
aceluby
strangejoy
Yesuurd
ChizFreak
RANT
JohnnyHarpoon
Toastfacekillah
Yarxov
bloodpixel
JY4answer
Serious_Much
LOLRagezzz
20 posters

I must be the only pvper that does not use wog

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I must be the only pvper that does not use wog - Page 2 Empty Re: I must be the only pvper that does not use wog

Post by JY4answer Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

aceluby wrote:I'm making a char now that will utilize this spell.

I honestly don't see why this spell gets so much hate. I've been caught in it maybe a half dozen times. It's really easy to dodge, the range is small, and it has an obvious tell that it's coming. I don't really understand all the hate... I love WoG spammers because all of the ones I've met really suck at PvP.

Read my post right above yours?
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

I must be the only pvper that does not use wog - Page 2 Empty Re: I must be the only pvper that does not use wog

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:03 pm

wrath of god, similar to majority of other spells, are extremely easy to dodge, and see coming. someone either switches to a talisman or is already holding one.

lag obviously lets them hit these spells easier, but without lag or maybe a tiny bit (the best we can hope for) they are so easy to dodge.

i used it on my dex/faith char and only had 3 charges. pretty fun owning noobs with it.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Twop/Wog is a whole other story than wog by itself.

Twop barely lasts any time now, so either run for a few seconds or dont even let him cast twop.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

JY4answer wrote:
    aceluby wrote:I'm making a char now that will utilize this spell.

I honestly don't see why this spell gets so much hate. I've been caught in it maybe a half dozen times. It's really easy to dodge, the range is small, and it has an obvious tell that it's coming. I don't really understand all the hate... I love WoG spammers because all of the ones I've met really suck at PvP.

Read my post right above yours?

And? TWoP lasts 10 seconds...
    Dilby
    Dilby

Post by Dilby Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 pm

WoG is soooo overrated....
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Like I said, spawn at Kiln, host casts TWoP in my face, and then WoG x9.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:53 pm

JY4answer wrote:Like I said, spawn at Kiln, host casts TWoP in my face, and then WoG x9.
    Worse yet, having a shield with poor magic defense.
    Gumby
    Gumby

Post by Gumby Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 pm

I also do not use this wotg. It just seems so......boring.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Never had the faith or the patience required to use it, but people likes to make a sl50 build just for vit and this. They normally suck at anything else. At sl120 is diferent.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:16 am

I would be embarrassed to use the BKGA or WoG.

They are both pitifully overused and stupidly overpowered.

...so no, you are not the only one.

(And you can also add TWoP to the list of spells I would be ashamed to use....sooo boring...., learn to fight for God's sake).
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:37 am

I refuse to use Havel's chest, any mask or crown of dusk, BKGA, TWoP whatsoever.

WoG I reserve for farmers and estus chuggers. I don't even equip a talisman until I see its a trio.
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:53 am

JY4answer wrote:I refuse to use Havel's chest, any mask or crown of dusk, BKGA, TWoP whatsoever.

WoG I reserve for farmers and estus chuggers. I don't even equip a talisman until I see its a trio.

I'm guilty using mask of the child, stanima whore :x
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Why do people use WoG, or the BKGA, or anything else for that matter? They saw someone use it against them in PVP or they tried it in PvE and liked it, or came to a forum and saw posts like this and thought "if it is so powerful, I should use it!" I have used WoG and BKGA before, but I have changed tactics. If everyone is using it, then all you need to do it learn to defend against it then your winning percentage goes way up! IMHO, whatever a person has not figured out how to counter is the "this is unfair and overpowered" item of the day. Are you sick of Pivot or Lag stabs, learn how to avoid them (there are YouTube videos on how to do this). Sick of WoG or other spell spammers, learn a cleric spell called Vow of Silence. Sick of people rocking the BKGA, learn how to parry and riposte. Sick of flask users, carry Lloyd's. People who generally spam something are basically using that thing as a crutch, and if you can defend against it, you will win 8 times out of 10.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:10 pm

BKGA is so easy to parry
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:21 pm

the thing is people always go with what's popular, if everyone is using the same gear or weapon it must be the best. no one takes the time to play around with everything in the game and find what fits them best which in the end could end up making them better than theyd ever been with whatever its popular, everyone just wants an easy win.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Carphil wrote:BKGA is so easy to parry

So let me ask you this...when you parry the BKGA, how much hate mail you get?

When I cast Vow of Silence, I get so much hate mail, especially when I see three guys rushing me in the forest, I cast Vow of Silence, throw Lloyd's, Dung, and when they start to swing the BKGA, parry-riposte-dead. I may not win all 3 v 1's, but they surely don't like it when I pop up into their world. If I get summoned a second time by the same group, they think I will cast vow again, so instead I cast TWoP for the Flawless Victory!
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:28 pm

meridam99 wrote:

When I cast Vow of Silence, I get so much hate mail, especially when I see three guys rushing me in the forest, I cast Vow of Silence, throw Lloyd's, Dung, and when they start to swing the BKGA, parry-riposte-dead. I may not win all 3 v 1's, but they surely don't like it when I pop up into their world. If I get summoned a second time by the same group, they think I will cast vow again, so instead I cast TWoP for the Flawless Victory!

Real farmers don't give you time to cast.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 pm

JY4answer wrote:
    meridam99 wrote:

In Dark Root, even if you are a real "Farmer", they still don't know where you will spawn.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:52 pm

I've never used it once.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 pm

JY4answer wrote:
    meridam99 wrote:

Yep, farmers at the Kiln are already camping at your spawn point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am