Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Nccbd
LordRevan
Unforseen
footsied
BiggestAdam
Malacath
Yarxov
Ser Isaac
Shkar
DeathlyLemons
sonofartorias
Mustaklaki
DxV04
DarkW17
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Wilkinson3424
Tolvo
Uparkaam
Tarkkus
ithunktwice
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
reim0027
FinPeku
C0rs0n64
DoughGuy
Brokewilly
EmoElmos
Quarik
RagingDragon_69
Knight Alundil
Spurgun
skarekrow13
User
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Garl Vinland
Serious_Much
Federally
cloudyeki
TehInfamousAmos
dancash1808
46 posters

Hunting season! (summer forest pvp event)

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Hunting season!  (summer forest pvp event) - Page 16 Empty Re: Hunting season! (summer forest pvp event)

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:13 pm

^ glad to hear from ya broke! big grin and 4-5 vids 0.o wow nice silly
    and truly gankers who can actually play well are a strange and terrifying beast winking
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Hunting season!  (summer forest pvp event) - Page 16 Empty Re: Hunting season! (summer forest pvp event)

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:56 pm

I find the occasional skilled ganker duo and man it stinks. Just keep invading trying to find them alone or another hunter to help out.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Indeed however most of them start acting like 2 lone players once you start landing blows, most of...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 pm

They can. About a week ago I ran into a set that was extraordinarily good at the gank. Had a pretty good answer to most of my tricks. Serious composure here. I almost had the host a couple times and they never broke. It was crazy. Finally found the host alone. And easy pickings. All their time went into gank school apparently.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Broke- That scythe guy killed me so fast that i didnt even notice that there was a red phantom with him lol!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:23 am

Add me for PSN, I already said I'll be hunting but I checked and I'm not on the list yet. I made it to +3 in the forest hunters a few days ago, so i've been hunting for a while already.

As advice, I highly recommend you wait for backup when you invade a 2v1. If you invade to the message "Dark Spirit X has been vanquished", you probably won't get any for a long while, so feel free to fight. Waiting, however, doesn't mean hiding. Fight the gankers, bait them around the forest, but be on the defensive and look like you're trying to just chip them down. If you get a chance for the win, take it, but by bothering them (I like to dodge around and poke with a spear) you make them either overconfident or very, very annoyed.

Remember, gankers generally aren't good at 1v1's, and they try their very best to eliminate invaders before a second one comes in because it turns into a dangerous situation for them. I have invaded with some very incompetent backup, so I'm sure there are plenty of terrible FHs out there, but that tends to make the gankers more confident, and it scares them that much more when they get skillful ones.

Random anecdote from hunting tonight: I invade a pair of crazy high level gankers just as a FH who had already invaded kills the phantom. We both converge on the remaining host (who had banged me a few times earlier, and I knew he did not pull his punches) and pull off the double bs glitch by pivot bsing him from two directions for a grand total of 1900+ damage, I then get rewarded with 700K souls, more than 350K from each kill! I almost flipped out, that was so awesome, and it means he was probably level 500+
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Add me for PSN, I already said I'll be hunting but I checked and I'm not on the list yet. I made it to +3 in the forest hunters a few days ago, so i've been hunting for a while already.

As advice, I highly recommend you wait for backup when you invade a 2v1. If you invade to the message "Dark Spirit X has been vanquished", you probably won't get any for a long while, so feel free to fight. Waiting, however, doesn't mean hiding. Fight the gankers, bait them around the forest, but be on the defensive and look like you're trying to just chip them down. If you get a chance for the win, take it, but by bothering them (I like to dodge around and poke with a spear) you make them either overconfident or very, very annoyed.

Remember, gankers generally aren't good at 1v1's, and they try their very best to eliminate invaders before a second one comes in because it turns into a dangerous situation for them. I have invaded with some very incompetent backup, so I'm sure there are plenty of terrible FHs out there, but that tends to make the gankers more confident, and it scares them that much more when they get skillful ones.

Random anecdote from hunting tonight: I invade a pair of crazy high level gankers just as a FH who had already invaded kills the phantom. We both converge on the remaining host (who had banged me a few times earlier, and I knew he did not pull his punches) and pull off the double bs glitch by pivot bsing him from two directions for a grand total of 1900+ damage, I then get rewarded with 700K souls, more than 350K from each kill! I almost flipped out, that was so awesome, and it means he was probably level 500+

Excellent kill - that is the way its supposed to be done. Since the camper clearly had a minion - he must accept the fact he was owed a bang when it turned into a 1v2. I never knew you could do a double BS - its a glitch so anything is possible I'm starting to realize.

Again, great victory. Keep taking it to 'em
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:20 pm

I'd like to see if you could have a red invade too and go for a triple backstab.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:00 pm

It's almost pure luck when you pull it off, most of the time both of them animate but only one does damage.

@Broke I agree, I'm not going to forget the host was trying to gank the second his phantom dies, it still makes him eligible for a bang. Most of the FH are kind of dishonorable though, it bugs me when I'm in the middle of a rare duel and have to back off for the overzealous blue who charges in expecting us to team up.

@Skare I'm not sure, but I've never had another blue invade while I was with a red. I don't think you can get three together, even when the host is alone.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Ghadis_God wrote: it bugs me when I'm in the middle of a rare duel and have to back off for the overzealous blue who charges in expecting us to team up.

winking this so much.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:52 pm

So, shall we set the date for the next mass invasion Point Forward
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Hah, I was thinking we could wait and make it a triumphant return of tolvo invasion all times and of course tolvo willing winking (not to trivialize anyone else of course silly good times.)
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:07 pm

July 4th forest bbq! Everyone bring your strongest pyromancys and fire/chaos weapons.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Persuade them to let me have the day off school and I totally would winking
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Say you have a serious case of TB. Or you're having a TB test.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Say you possibly have CF - they will **** bricks.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 pm

They shat bricks when I told them the Hatian exchange student coughed blood on the back of my neck.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:22 pm

CF... ? Oh! chaos firestorm. damn that'd be nice to hold against them but I think they know if I could do that I would have by now...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

CF, think biological terminology
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Oh okay. yeah I doubt they would buy that either... :/ I like the chaos firestorm idea better silly
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Dude, just say you need to be tested for TB. They have to let you out for that.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Just say you are going to have a hard day of being British... then bribe them with a picture of me silly They have to buy that one.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Heh, winking two of my teachers dont even want me in the lessons anymore silly
    shouldn't be too hard to convince them winking
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JohnIII Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:19 pm

HEY CAN SOMEBODY PM ME IF WE EVER DO THIS AGAIN?!?!!?!?

For Alvina
    For The Forest
    FOR THE HUNT!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:24 pm

If you browse the ''covenants'' section from the forum ,

you can find user-created covenants from all the different ingame covenants & keep an eye on their future events cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 am