Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Tolvo
Imarreteet23
BoilerFan8472
Azran
Spurgun
Yukon
User
Digitalyzed
skarekrow13
Serious_Much
TehInfamousAmos
SlakeMoth
PlasticandRage
Jorund
Forum Pirate
Extertionist
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
cloudyeki
24 posters

Saddest moments in Video Games

Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Saddest moments in Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Saddest moments in Video Games

Post by Digitalyzed Mon May 28, 2012 9:03 am

Forum Pirate wrote:If we're adding othe media, Saddest thing ever is how things happen with Amberlee in The Elfstones of Shannara

& why all the COD hate? Nothing wrong with enjoying good multiplayer FPS games, and COD is one of the better ones as far as multiplayer goes.

Cod was a decent game series before the developers began to rehash the old games and sell them as a sequel for £50. I've only ever played Black Ops, but enough people complain about the rest of the games (Except 1 to 4) that it gets a pretty bad reputation.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Saddest moments in Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Saddest moments in Video Games

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 28, 2012 9:06 am

Forum Pirate wrote:If we're adding othe media, Saddest thing ever is how things happen with Amberlee in The Elfstones of Shannara

& why all the COD hate? Nothing wrong with enjoying good multiplayer FPS games, and COD is one of the better ones as far as multiplayer goes.

You thought so too! Good man. I spend a decent summer holiday reading that book, enjoying the really nice developing relationship between Will and Ambrele and ****

Spoiler:
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon May 28, 2012 9:07 am

And I was devastated by what happened to Aggro near the end of Shadow of the Collossus.

Team Ico has a really good manner of doing this to me in both of their games so far, funny, but I had this same feeling about the horse in shadow of colossus as I did with yorda in ICO; I hated them both more often than not. But when I saw them in trouble near the end it nearly put me in tears. Rather than stop playing I turned it into a steely determination and ended up finish both games very late at night.. like 5 am because I could not stop until I had resolved all that. Really genius developers.

If you are saying you haven't beat the game yet though slake, you really should!

It may not be sad for other people, but the whole setting of Silent Hill 2 made me shiver a bit. Angela's story especially. Every moment in that hotel after finding Mary's room had me sitting next to myself and highly depressed.

Another one-- that's going to ruin my reputation as a bad *** vidya gamer-- is Klonoa: Door to Phantomile for the Ps1. OH, man guys. I had played through that entire game with a friend, passing the controller back and forth and then she moved to another town so I beat it alone and WHAT HAPPENS? I was crushed and thrown aside by that ending.

Last edited by Yukon on Mon May 28, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 9:08 am

I beg to differ, my peers either talk about COD, Battlefield, or Skyrim... :evil:

I wish I was able to hang out with the math nerd kids... They like Starcraft. However, they always give me dirty looks lol, in which I give them a shove.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon May 28, 2012 9:11 am

I hear a lot of amazing thing about shadow of the colossus. Is it worth buying?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 am

YES. Yes. a thosand times Yes. Get ico while your at it.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 am

Baldur's Gate - If Minsc Dies due to disintegration and you cannot ressurect him sad

"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right Boo?"

Live on forever Minsc in this thread!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 28, 2012 9:21 am

The story is completely worthless, no doubt, but the games are a good deal of fun. They're all similar yeah, but so is the soul series. To them our meta is all the same and theirs is super complex.

On top of that, disliking popular things accomplishes nothing. I thoroughly enjoy every game you mentioned acid, and would play them regularly if i could afford them. (Have skyrim though). I'm no less a gamer than anyone else. Skyrim is oversimplified imo, but its still worlds better than any other game of its type, save morrowind. Shallow doesn't translate to stupid is really my point here. I have just as much fun ****ing around in saints row, and racing shock and awe for the 3000th time, as I do pvping in dks or dungeon crawling in wizardry.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 9:23 am

Never said they were bad. My head nods for the lack of Starcraft players sad
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon May 28, 2012 9:45 am

I have played Starcraft, but I prefer RTS games with a little more of an economy challenge.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 28, 2012 9:46 am

RTS - Rome Total War was fun.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 9:51 am

lol it does have an economy challenge, trust me. It may not be precise in getting different resources, as there are only three (if you count supply for unit maximum). When fast pace is implemented, and strain of resources for different strains of build being their, whatever choice you have your resources are strained, and the enemies are a good strain for it. If you don't get enough resources, maintain, and implement it properly... You are ***. The chance if you getting a 'second chance' is due to the other player either also having poor economy, lack of skill in which you may or may not have, or pure luck.

Economy is, indeed, not secondary in Starcraft lol
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 28, 2012 9:54 am

God I love Baldurs Gate.

Saddest momment int Video Game history?

My mate and i were speed runing through Bladers Gate Dark Alliance 2. We got up to the final area, me a a hand to hand drow monk and him as the necromancer. We fight Zanhast and during the fight I see Zan powering up his awesome attack and jump in the way as Im the tank. I die. And my mate says nah screw it Im going on ahead.

Suffice to say he beat the game by himself. Very sad day.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon May 28, 2012 9:56 am

I understand it is a good point, but economy in that manner is featured in just about every RTS game, otherwise it would not really be a strategy game. Rise of Nations, Rise of Legends, Red Alert 1,2 and 3, genesis rising, age of empires (And Mythology) and many more RTS games all use economy systems, just not in a very unique way. I prefer to play by rate than by current amounts, a I feel it requires more skill in economy management.

Amos - Yes, I loved that game. The sight of thousands of fire arrows descending upon an enemy army is purely amazing.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 9:58 am

I understand that. To each their own.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon May 28, 2012 9:59 am

Agreed. Just out of interest, have you ever played Supcom Acid?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 am

No... Ow, you mean supreme commander? No, I haven't. I looked at the game, and I was disinterested. Although I like the concept of the Nazis being their, still existing in a different replication from the real world. I am right, right?
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon May 28, 2012 10:35 am

I'm not quite sure if by Nazis you mean the Cybran? I think you may be looking at a different game lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 am

I don't remember any more. I looked at the sequel back when I was looking for games. Sorry if I got the wrong game. perhaps it is another one... I ain't gonna correct myself and look, thou.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 am

Revised saddest moment in video games;

Shaq Fu
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 pm

If you can't save anyone in Heavy Rain; makes you feel kind of worthless whenever you get that ending. silly

Shadow of the Colossus too; makes you feel like a monster.

Can't remember anymore
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon May 28, 2012 6:46 pm

@Yukon. Yes I know I should have finished Shadow of the Collossus. I really wanted to, so I did go back and try, again & again because I'm dying to know how it ends but the last Colossus beat me because all that hanging on by pressing the shoulder button kickstarted my carpel tunnel syndrome again (carpel tunnel syndrome is when your hand and wrist go numb and you can't feel anything) and I ended up with my wrist and hand in a splint, so I haven't tried since.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 7:03 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:If TV Series or Books - Well in Game of Thrones then this is ******** imo, I read the books and was so pissed when this happened. This is during the 5th Book - Dance of Dragons

Spoiler:

I'm reading the 5th book and accidentally opened the spoiler. FML.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Mon May 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Extertionist wrote:What you had to do in the evil ending in Infamous 2, if any of you know what I'm talking about, then you know how freaking sad that was.

That was moving what the developers did there. Having to kill him was the hardest thing I've had to do in a videogame. I almost didn't press the button...Just the Music and everything was just amazing...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Oh, the most sad point for gaming now is it?

The day paid DLC became a reality. It has spawned a few good things too, but its ruined the "expansion pack" idea. after all, if they can make us pay $120 for the whole game by cutting pieces out, why do anything new?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 pm