Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Uparkaam
aceluby
meridam99
strangejoy
Halicarnassis
ErrJon6661
Zakkia
Flubious
JY4answer
Fusion
reim0027
PlasticandRage
Carphil
Whknight
Serious_Much
RANT
Wade_Wilson
justwant2play
22 posters

Best shield in the game in your opinion

justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best shield in the game in your opinion Empty Best shield in the game in your opinion

Post by justwant2play Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:34 pm

My choice is the Greatshield of Artorias. Not only has it the best stability (at 88) you don't need to upgrade it because the defensive capability is the same all the way through.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Best shield in the game in your opinion Empty Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Crest Sheild. 80% magic defence for a medium shield is god mode for PvP. The BK shield is a close second, as 95% fire defence is equally rediculous.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Best shield in the game in your opinion Empty Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

Post by RANT Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 pm

effigy shield, best looking shield in the game, just look at it!!! tha's all there is to say.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm

RantFromRant wrote:effigy shield, best looking shield in the game, just look at it!!! tha's all there is to say.

How did I forget about that? 90% lightning resistance <3
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:effigy shield, best looking shield in the game, just look at it!!! tha's all there is to say.

and it says something about blocking devine element, ive never tested it though. artorias has the best stability but thats all it has going for it, it sucks for pvp n certain bosses, youre better off with the eagles shield, a little less stability but a lot lighter, you can wear better armor n use the eagle shield.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:12 pm

I say eagle shield, it's stability when upgraded (even if not though) is godlike for the weight, for PvE by far best overall shield in my opinion.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Silver Knights is a good all around shield, highest stability of the medium shields also.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Grass crest shield, fully upgraded you can block Havels attacks, can parry and still have a awesome stamina buff
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 pm

I second that Eagle Shield. Its only real weakness is fire. It's not great against magic either but if you're light on your feet it doesn't matter
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

IMO, for PvE = Eagle Shield, for PvP = Grass or Blood.
    Fusion
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Fusion Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Grass Crest Shield. Sits on my back looking pretty and lets me hack and slash more often. What's not to love?
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Grass for me. And I don't even block that often. Actually that's probably why.
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Flubious Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Eagle or Silver Knight for me. I do like Grass Crest as well but not really for the blocking.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 pm

I like crest when I'm 2handing but for shielding purposes definently crest shield. The magic defense has saved me in moments I could not dodge.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:57 am

I usually use the darkhand for my shield. I don't take hits often and its nice to be ready for anything. The 80% damage reduction for all types is wonderful. But if someone eats my stamina bar with their claymore I usually die.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am

I'll have to second the effigy shiled - PVP life-saver when you got your lightning uchi pyromancers after you!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 am

Maybe it's not the best shield, but I find the gargoyle shield to be underrated. 70 fire and 75 lightning + significantly better stability than effigy makes it a good choice against elemental weapons. It also seems to have good bleed resistance.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:38 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:

and it says something about blocking devine element, ive never tested it though. artorias has the best stability but thats all it has going for it, it sucks for pvp n certain bosses, youre better off with the eagles shield, a little less stability but a lot lighter, you can wear better armor n use the eagle shield.

Plus Artorias requires 34 Str and weighs a ton!
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Starting to like the dark hand. 0.5 lbs for 80% on everything? Seems like a sweet deal to me.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:30 pm

JY4answer wrote:Starting to like the dark hand. 0.5 lbs for 80% on everything? Seems like a sweet deal to me.

What is the stability on the Dark Hand though...
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:37 pm

meridam99 wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:Starting to like the dark hand. 0.5 lbs for 80% on everything? Seems like a sweet deal to me.

What is the stability on the Dark Hand though...

Enough for the occasional block.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 pm

PvE = Eagle Shield, weight like a medium shield, blocks like a great shield

PvP = Crest Shield, great magic resistance plus 100% physical block, decent fire and lightning block as well.

I rarely use shields for PvP though.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:11 pm

strangejoy wrote:Maybe it's not the best shield, but I find the gargoyle shield to be underrated. 70 fire and 75 lightning + significantly better stability than effigy makes it a good choice against elemental weapons. It also seems to have good bleed resistance.

Its just the weight of the Gargoyle shield that turns me off. Saying that I do have one at +5 i am thinking of maxing out..

I finally figured out that you get the gargoyle equipment when you bash that specific item of him or till it breaks. At least that was my experioence over hte weekend - went to anor londo, did a leaping attack of fthe stairs onto the first gargoyle face, cut off hte tail and when he died I got the helmet as well. The second one I 2-handed him with my Zwei on the shield and got given that when he died... coincidence?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:Maybe it's not the best shield, but I find the gargoyle shield to be underrated. 70 fire and 75 lightning + significantly better stability than effigy makes it a good choice against elemental weapons. It also seems to have good bleed resistance.

Its just the weight of the Gargoyle shield that turns me off. Saying that I do have one at +5 i am thinking of maxing out..

I finally figured out that you get the gargoyle equipment when you bash that specific item of him or till it breaks. At least that was my experioence over hte weekend - went to anor londo, did a leaping attack of fthe stairs onto the first gargoyle face, cut off hte tail and when he died I got the helmet as well. The second one I 2-handed him with my Zwei on the shield and got given that when he died... coincidence?

drops are random, ive ohko them and gotten the whole set from one gargoyle. there really is no best shield really, it depends on your build, all my guys are str hybrids and i use the grass crest shield, i always two hand my machete so i need the extra stamina recovery. my new caster is probablky gonna end up with the dark hand.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:01 pm

The darkhand has about 30 stability. Its total crap but if you're used to dodging it can save you from a bad hit. Definitely not the shield to turtle behind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 pm