Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Share
    avatar
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Latria

    Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by justwant2play on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:34 pm

    My choice is the Greatshield of Artorias. Not only has it the best stability (at 88) you don't need to upgrade it because the defensive capability is the same all the way through.


    _________________
    Playing in Latria.
    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:46 pm

    Crest Sheild. 80% magic defence for a medium shield is god mode for PvP. The BK shield is a close second, as 95% fire defence is equally rediculous.


    _________________
    Golden rays of the glorious sunshine, sending down such a blood-red light
    Now the animals slowly retreat to the shadows, out of sight
    Arid winds blow across the mountains, giving flight to the birds of prey
    In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by RANT on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 pm

    effigy shield, best looking shield in the game, just look at it!!! tha's all there is to say.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:effigy shield, best looking shield in the game, just look at it!!! tha's all there is to say.

    How did I forget about that? 90% lightning resistance <3
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by RANT on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:10 pm

    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:effigy shield, best looking shield in the game, just look at it!!! tha's all there is to say.

    How did I forget about that? 90% lightning resistance <3

    and it says something about blocking devine element, ive never tested it though. artorias has the best stability but thats all it has going for it, it sucks for pvp n certain bosses, youre better off with the eagles shield, a little less stability but a lot lighter, you can wear better armor n use the eagle shield.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Serious_Much on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:12 pm

    I say eagle shield, it's stability when upgraded (even if not though) is godlike for the weight, for PvE by far best overall shield in my opinion.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

    Posts : 1722
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : IL

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Whknight on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:11 pm

    Silver Knights is a good all around shield, highest stability of the medium shields also.


    _________________



    I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

    XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

    Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Carphil on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm

    Grass crest shield, fully upgraded you can block Havels attacks, can parry and still have a awesome stamina buff


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by PlasticandRage on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 pm

    I second that Eagle Shield. Its only real weakness is fire. It's not great against magic either but if you're light on your feet it doesn't matter


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

    IMO, for PvE = Eagle Shield, for PvP = Grass or Blood.

    Fusion
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 40
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-01-27

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Fusion on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:43 pm

    Grass Crest Shield. Sits on my back looking pretty and lets me hack and slash more often. What's not to love?
    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by JY4answer on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 pm

    Grass for me. And I don't even block that often. Actually that's probably why.
    avatar
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 51
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : SR388

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Flubious on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 pm

    Eagle or Silver Knight for me. I do like Grass Crest as well but not really for the blocking.


    _________________
    Flubious on XBL and Flubious on PSN. Yay video games.
    avatar
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : USA Rocky mountains.

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Zakkia on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 pm

    I like crest when I'm 2handing but for shielding purposes definently crest shield. The magic defense has saved me in moments I could not dodge.
    avatar
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1272
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Limbo

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by ErrJon6661 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:57 am

    I usually use the darkhand for my shield. I don't take hits often and its nice to be ready for anything. The 80% damage reduction for all types is wonderful. But if someone eats my stamina bar with their claymore I usually die.


    _________________
    :suspect:


    Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

    Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    avatar
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Dark EngeLando!

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Halicarnassis on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am

    I'll have to second the effigy shiled - PVP life-saver when you got your lightning uchi pyromancers after you!


    _________________
    DMB vs SLB.. results here -  bit.ly 153iRJV
    PSN ID: Halicarnassis Twitter: @Halicarnassis
    Tweets by @Halicarnassis

    LunarFog wrote:"The Moon Pit" seems like someplace naughty I would go to see buff men swinging their junk.
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by strangejoy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 am

    Maybe it's not the best shield, but I find the gargoyle shield to be underrated. 70 fire and 75 lightning + significantly better stability than effigy makes it a good choice against elemental weapons. It also seems to have good bleed resistance.


    _________________


    Dedicated forestwraith.
    avatar
    meridam99
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 995
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Sitting

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by meridam99 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:38 am

    RantFromRant wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:effigy shield, best looking shield in the game, just look at it!!! tha's all there is to say.

    How did I forget about that? 90% lightning resistance <3

    and it says something about blocking devine element, ive never tested it though. artorias has the best stability but thats all it has going for it, it sucks for pvp n certain bosses, youre better off with the eagles shield, a little less stability but a lot lighter, you can wear better armor n use the eagle shield.

    Plus Artorias requires 34 Str and weighs a ton!
    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by JY4answer on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 pm

    Starting to like the dark hand. 0.5 lbs for 80% on everything? Seems like a sweet deal to me.
    avatar
    meridam99
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 995
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Sitting

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by meridam99 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:30 pm

    JY4answer wrote:Starting to like the dark hand. 0.5 lbs for 80% on everything? Seems like a sweet deal to me.

    What is the stability on the Dark Hand though...
    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by JY4answer on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:37 pm

    meridam99 wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:Starting to like the dark hand. 0.5 lbs for 80% on everything? Seems like a sweet deal to me.

    What is the stability on the Dark Hand though...

    Enough for the occasional block.
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by aceluby on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 pm

    PvE = Eagle Shield, weight like a medium shield, blocks like a great shield

    PvP = Crest Shield, great magic resistance plus 100% physical block, decent fire and lightning block as well.

    I rarely use shields for PvP though.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 42
    Location : Dark EngeLando!

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Halicarnassis on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:11 pm

    strangejoy wrote:Maybe it's not the best shield, but I find the gargoyle shield to be underrated. 70 fire and 75 lightning + significantly better stability than effigy makes it a good choice against elemental weapons. It also seems to have good bleed resistance.



    Its just the weight of the Gargoyle shield that turns me off. Saying that I do have one at +5 i am thinking of maxing out..

    I finally figured out that you get the gargoyle equipment when you bash that specific item of him or till it breaks. At least that was my experioence over hte weekend - went to anor londo, did a leaping attack of fthe stairs onto the first gargoyle face, cut off hte tail and when he died I got the helmet as well. The second one I 2-handed him with my Zwei on the shield and got given that when he died... coincidence?


    _________________
    DMB vs SLB.. results here -  bit.ly 153iRJV
    PSN ID: Halicarnassis Twitter: @Halicarnassis
    Tweets by @Halicarnassis

    LunarFog wrote:"The Moon Pit" seems like someplace naughty I would go to see buff men swinging their junk.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by RANT on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm

    Halicarnassis wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:Maybe it's not the best shield, but I find the gargoyle shield to be underrated. 70 fire and 75 lightning + significantly better stability than effigy makes it a good choice against elemental weapons. It also seems to have good bleed resistance.



    Its just the weight of the Gargoyle shield that turns me off. Saying that I do have one at +5 i am thinking of maxing out..

    I finally figured out that you get the gargoyle equipment when you bash that specific item of him or till it breaks. At least that was my experioence over hte weekend - went to anor londo, did a leaping attack of fthe stairs onto the first gargoyle face, cut off hte tail and when he died I got the helmet as well. The second one I 2-handed him with my Zwei on the shield and got given that when he died... coincidence?

    drops are random, ive ohko them and gotten the whole set from one gargoyle. there really is no best shield really, it depends on your build, all my guys are str hybrids and i use the grass crest shield, i always two hand my machete so i need the extra stamina recovery. my new caster is probablky gonna end up with the dark hand.
    avatar
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1272
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Limbo

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by ErrJon6661 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:01 pm

    The darkhand has about 30 stability. Its total crap but if you're used to dodging it can save you from a bad hit. Definitely not the shield to turtle behind.


    _________________
    :suspect:


    Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

    Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd

    Sponsored content

    Re: Best shield in the game in your opinion

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm