Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DxV04
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Zakkia
12 posters

Times have changed, and so must i.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Times have changed, and so must i. - Page 3 Empty Re: Times have changed, and so must i.

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 pm

The purpose of the ranks is to reward dedication and skill, without punishing a lack of either.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Times have changed, and so must i. - Page 3 Empty Re: Times have changed, and so must i.

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 pm

What about from eachother? What makes me, different from him? Am i the better swordsman? Am i gifted with magic? Am i a lost forgotten soul that was found by her? What specifies me from you in that case?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 pm

To be fair, I was thinking of making a covenant which was just all my forum buddies coming on a playing together and having a laugh...

Then I realised it already existed, and it's name is Fight Club. silly
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 pm

And i disagree with that. I for sure believe that there is one of those members in each covenant, that is simply just an addition to the covenant. For me, there has to be, grasping the concept of difference. King arthur, wielder of excalibur. lancelot, one of the greatest warriors. etc etc. They each are the best at something.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 11:37 pm

I could be the token idiot addition to many a hearty covenant!

Any takers? lol
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 11:46 pm

lol @serious
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Zakkia wrote:And i disagree with that. I for sure believe that there is one of those members in each covenant, that is simply just an addition to the covenant. For me, there has to be, grasping the concept of difference. King arthur, wielder of excalibur. lancelot, one of the greatest warriors. etc etc. They each are the best at something.

Whatever you decide. I'm the resident dgm master, wyrm is the most versatile always trying new things, Spur is super tough to hit in light or no armor. I don't know aahotep very well, we're on at different times. The other members who have failed to distuinguish themselves by being inactive, something I can't control. If you wish to make a name for yourself, you must fight for it. Recognition must be earned, it is not simply granted, else it would have no meaning.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Your correct. But most covenants do not give the opportunity. Which is my problem.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 26, 2012 11:54 pm

We do. Wyrm has even created unique titles for members who do.
    Ie, aahotep is the merchant of vengeance. (no ideaf why though, again on at different times)
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 11:56 pm

So, are you free in the ways to let anyone help out to organize events? wars? etc?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 27, 2012 12:03 am

Oh yeah. Its the leaders jobs, but if any idea is popular we get it going if we can. Like the war in a few days, or the alterate FC. So if you want to orgase something throw out the suggestion, and we'll help however we can.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 12:04 am

Well, what i meant, is how does a new member, become a leader? I always find that things fail, in groups, because there is no, "promotion" rate.

Edit: clarification: not owner of guild just a significant leader etc. officer.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 27, 2012 12:09 am

Genereally by handing in a certain amount of an item and proving they have leadership skills.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 am

collecting items? lol how does that work xD.

And yes, i understand leadership, but if covenants never give opportunities t obecome leaders which most do, im not saying you guys do, im just giving what is usually seen. They are never given the chance, and are usually left with just being the same position, and same type of job.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 12:22 am

I really enjoy the lifehunters, and i love priscilla, i never have killed her. However, i dont want to wear any of those equips for those ranks. Also, id like to see the power of the Lifehunter. I challenge thee.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 27, 2012 12:25 am

First by number of items (souviners, eods, humanity ect) at 30, 70, and 120 there are combat skills tests. Backstabs at 30, 3v1 at 70, parrying at 120. Once at 120, wyrm and the other leaders descide if you would be fit for an open slot based on conduct in the chat (so not being a douche), adherence to the uniform, and time spent pvping in the pw/participation in events stuff like that (and so relative dedication). The only things a leader must have (so responsibilities) are the willingness and ability to perform the skill tests, item offering if asked, and helping facilitate events, (so hosting duels at events you attend).

However even being rank 5 means you are above average among the total population, have passed every test, and shown dedication over a period of (minimum) 2 weeks, if you play every day. And, leader or not, if you design an event and its popular, it is yours. A leader couldn't over rule you, only make suggestions.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 27, 2012 12:25 am

PS3? bring it.

PSNID: Forum_Pirate
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 am

^ Good deal friend. I like how you work. However, i cannot fight for you. I wish things were different. But it just isnt my path. thank you for all the help tho happy
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 am

Im at SL 120, you?
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 1:21 am

Lifehunter's. From what youve displayed you are a better than most pvper. Good fights big grin you have made an ally, if you need me at any time. Call upon my name and my blade is yours.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 27, 2012 1:34 am

Thnx. Theres a war on the second. Wanna help?
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 1:34 am

If i can, i may have to work. got a PTJ just recently. If you think im strong enough haha.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 am

Its all day, so whenever you could be on would be fine. There's a thread on it.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t5719-this-shall-be-our-finest-hour-painted-world-invasion
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 am

I already saw it haha. and perhaps. ill have to see my hours.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun May 27, 2012 4:56 am

Be sure to check our Arena. We have lots of members from the forum that are not Lifehunters. It's like FC but with backstabs and takes place at the arena of Painted World. Excellent place to duel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 am