Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
chaosrave
fearandwhiskey
Forum Pirate
Buggy Virus
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
WyrmHero
Leeroy_Jenkins
Carphil
Serious_Much
MsCherryBlossom
Tolvo
Delvanoc
Wisp
18 posters

Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel - Page 3 Empty Re: Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel

Post by billy_bayonet Mon May 28, 2012 1:45 pm

ganking is funny, just kill the phantoms then watch the host crap themselves, just stand there waving, they will eitha re summon or dc
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel - Page 3 Empty Re: Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel

Post by MsCherryBlossom Mon May 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Not everyone is like that billy when they do it.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 28, 2012 2:22 pm

While not everyone is like that, I've met on a regular basis hosts who are too scared to actually fight even a single hunter. Once one or both of there partners are gone they retreat and try summoning anything for help. I've been wanting to look at ways to keep the host from just running off the cliff to get back to the bonfire, and try to teach the guy how to actually defend himself in random invasions.

But usually it's 'run off the cliff and find my bloodstain later'. Though people who make last stands have me respect. Specially if they kill me good.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Mon May 28, 2012 2:35 pm

When my friends and I do it whoever the host is a a little more cautious of course but we all still fight and since were using voice communications we're normally on sync in terms of who is doing what. It's not an all out assault but more a strategic fight. If we see the invader run off we never chase, we know the game well enough to know all the tactics one might pull to switch the tides.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 28, 2012 2:46 pm

How are you able to voice chat?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Well if Cherry is on Xbox, one can voice chat with one other person while playing, but only one. Though of course you could set up skype or other means with a laptop, Ipod, etc.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Mon May 28, 2012 2:58 pm

Like Tolvo said, I own both xbox and PS3 (but only show my PSN since I use it way more often) so we all talk using party chat on xbl and play on PS3 since most of us met playing Demon's Souls.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon May 28, 2012 3:01 pm

ha you have better multi-tasking skills then me, then what confuse the hell out of me!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:ha you have better multi-tasking skills then me, then what confuse the hell out of me!

I know right. It's pretty damn resourceful though, I'll say.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon May 28, 2012 3:05 pm

i used to use skype but unfortunately i have a tendenancy to use alot of bad language, if your skyping with someone who doesnt actually know me well, can seem like im being really agressive when actually im just talking the way i talk with everyone lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Damn you having both consoles! *shakes fist angrily*

I just wish PS3 could do voice chat for Dark souls lol, would be so good
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 28, 2012 3:09 pm

That's something I wanna try fighting, a well coordinated group. Most teams and even my partners don't seem to catch on. Though I have had some who understand what I'm playing at after a couple paired invasions.

Still, that sounds like a total onslaught to deal with blossom.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Mon May 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Like it can seem really bogus but once you try it you might have a pretty good laugh with friends of what you come up with in terms of tactics. One focuses on casting crystal spells, another keeps invader on toes with physical attacks but not r1 spamming, and another may do pyromancies or practice using those bows. We don't use avelyn anymore since it tends to be the icing on the cake if it connects all of it's shots.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Skype, skype, skype. Playing with my fellow Gravelord companion, whiskey and I always talk when we play, so that we can better coordinate what we do, as well has the best precision in what we regularly do, which is Gravelording and being helpful phantoms.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

I tried using skype but I like using xbox more since I feel better talking though a mic.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I understand that. With my ipod, I just talk into the machine without a mic, but I have headphones on. My comrade does use a mic, however.

Since PS3 does not have much in terms of talkative communication DURING a game, we stuck with the Ipod for this one. She has an Xbox, but I do not. So, skype is our solution.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am