Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Share
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by GkMrBane on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 am

    Ghadis_God wrote:I'm taking a bit of a break from DkS to play this, it's pretty good so far. Chose Strider because of how annoying it was to not be able to be a full archer in DkS but it's a balanced class in DD.

    Edit: I also had an absolute nerdgasm when I realized you can get Griffith's armor. DkS needs that badly.

    I felt the same way about Guts armor. I just had to parade around the game with a large sword from then on. LOL


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 pm

    ok i got the game 2 days ago and im lv 35 i killed 5 of em lion things 6 ogrs 20+ cyclops and a dragon and i only managed to get killed 2 times both from a fall related accident 1st when i got pushed down by a cyclops n second when i was testing levitate and found out it dosent last that long...

    it there a way to set/change my difficulty or is this game just realyyyyyyyy easy :shock:


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:34 pm

    Rin wrote:ok i got the game 2 days ago and im lv 35 i killed 5 of em lion things 6 ogrs 20+ cyclops and a dragon and i only managed to get killed 2 times both from a fall related accident 1st when i got pushed down by a cyclops n second when i was testing levitate and found out it dosent last that long...

    it there a way to set/change my difficulty or is this game just realyyyyyyyy easy :shock:


    keeping in mind i played rpg's a bloody long time


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"

    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Spurgun on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 pm

    I don’t think it’s meant to be as hard as DkS silly. So if you’ve played DkS it’ll probably feel easy.
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

    w8 drs soppose to be hard :shock:


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"

    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Spurgun on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:41 pm

    The first time you play it (if you don’t use any guides) it’s hard.
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:46 pm

    tis a joke :roll:


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"

    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Spurgun on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:48 pm

    You’re saying that you just breezed to the game on the first try? Yeah right :roll: .
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:06 pm

    yes, 'llbreezed to the game on the first try' is a good way to put it well i played the demo and im blinding it so far... the begining was annoying coz i fout i wouldent get to make my own char XD i forgot to summon the 2 pawns too :p oh and i fout that the pawn creation thing was a demo special and id get left with that 1st dude... but yeh a bit too easy... even the day night thing was a bit disappointing coz i fout thers like 0 chance of survival in night but it ein that challenging at all... i did a run in the watergod shrine right after the escort and the staff i found there was real helpfull but yeh... not what i expected at all is there a ng type thing coz i noticed there is no difficulty option and im nather sure 1 of the trophys asks you to start your adventure again...


    HELPFULL RIN TIP!
    the water at healing shrine is an infinite souce of healing potiond it can be stored in flasks and heals the whole party Hurrah


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by GkMrBane on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:30 pm

    Rin wrote:yes, 'llbreezed to the game on the first try' is a good way to put it well i played the demo and im blinding it so far... the begining was annoying coz i fout i wouldent get to make my own char XD i forgot to summon the 2 pawns too :p oh and i fout that the pawn creation thing was a demo special and id get left with that 1st dude... but yeh a bit too easy... even the day night thing was a bit disappointing coz i fout thers like 0 chance of survival in night but it ein that challenging at all... i did a run in the watergod shrine right after the escort and the staff i found there was real helpfull but yeh... not what i expected at all is there a ng type thing coz i noticed there is no difficulty option and im nather sure 1 of the trophys asks you to start your adventure again...


    HELPFULL RIN TIP!
    the water at healing shrine is an infinite souce of healing potiond it can be stored in flasks and heals the whole party

    Dragons Dogma was nothing compared to dark souls.

    Are you on PS3? Darn thats a shame cause im on xbox it would have been fun to let you use my lvl 35 pawn.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by befowler on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:41 pm

    I thought Dragons Dogma was cake until I got to the (full) Everfall in basically endgame. There are some setpiece dungeons along the way that have some challenging parts, but the Everfall can be a little insane.

    Spoiler:
    There are various areas and arenas where you have to fight big groups of varied enemies at a time, and it is not fun fighting packs of hellhounds with their knockdown fire attacks while being trampled and petrified by a couple of **** and hit with status spells from a flying lich all at once while also constantly trying to revive your own pawns. I have a level 111 pawn and she kept getting KO'd in a few shots, it was that bad. Going in there was a 'the real Demon Souls starts here' sort of moment for me.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Serious_Much on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:05 pm

    Everfall I found pretty simple... But that's thanks to my magic archer I think, having the auto ice elemental sixfold shot is a life saver against the hounds.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Ghadis_God on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 pm

    GkMrBane wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:I'm taking a bit of a break from DkS to play this, it's pretty good so far. Chose Strider because of how annoying it was to not be able to be a full archer in DkS but it's a balanced class in DD.

    Edit: I also had an absolute nerdgasm when I realized you can get Griffith's armor. DkS needs that badly.

    I felt the same way about Guts armor. I just had to parade around the game with a large sword from then on. LOL
    Alas, it'll never be. I'm already a dedicated Ranger and my main pawn is a fat Fighter in memory of Solaire. Too bad you can only have one save file, I wanted to play as Guts with Schierke following me around and buffing me.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by DoughGuy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 pm

    Ghadis_God wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:I'm taking a bit of a break from DkS to play this, it's pretty good so far. Chose Strider because of how annoying it was to not be able to be a full archer in DkS but it's a balanced class in DD.

    Edit: I also had an absolute nerdgasm when I realized you can get Griffith's armor. DkS needs that badly.

    I felt the same way about Guts armor. I just had to parade around the game with a large sword from then on. LOL
    Alas, it'll never be. I'm already a dedicated Ranger and my main pawn is a fat Fighter in memory of Solaire. Too bad you can only have one save file, I wanted to play as Guts with Schierke following me around and buffing me.
    You can make a second user on your PS3 and play offline, or make a second PSn and play online with a second account.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Serious_Much on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 am

    Yeah dough thats what my brother is doing, he's using my Serious_Much account winking


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by GkMrBane on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 am

    Ghadis_God wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:I'm taking a bit of a break from DkS to play this, it's pretty good so far. Chose Strider because of how annoying it was to not be able to be a full archer in DkS but it's a balanced class in DD.

    Edit: I also had an absolute nerdgasm when I realized you can get Griffith's armor. DkS needs that badly.

    I felt the same way about Guts armor. I just had to parade around the game with a large sword from then on. LOL
    Alas, it'll never be. I'm already a dedicated Ranger and my main pawn is a fat Fighter in memory of Solaire. Too bad you can only have one save file, I wanted to play as Guts with Schierke following me around and buffing me.

    Yeah I can under stand loving a certain class but I decided to dedicate one play through to each of the classes that I like the most.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm

    Yeah, I think I'm going to start over as Gatts once I beat the dragon on this playthrough. Ranger is fun and all, but the opportunity is too good to pass up.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:48 pm

    why dedicate a whole play through? :shock: you can change it any time you wish and the class rank thing is just a joke because it goes up so fast


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by GkMrBane on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 pm

    Becasue then you end up using the one class you like the most and thats it nothing else.

    This what I can see what the major good points are to each class.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 pm

    It just feels wrong to me to go from using a greatbow and daggers to heavy armor and a hammer like nothing even happened. It goes against my RPG sensibilities.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:49 pm

    well i started as... strider went to r8 n got bored as i couldent seem to find any good bow, went to magic archer to r10 and couldent find any good magic bow's and now im a r4 assassin and im still looking 4 a better bow... it is *** stupid i must be like the most unlucky player ever coz every chest i loote gives me good **** item but not for the class i intend to use :evil: like what the hell am i to do with 'black matter' or that spiky sword not to mention the stack's of equipment i have for a magic warrior

    i cant seem to wonder why its a pg12 game :| , i find some of the fights realy sad...
    its like thers a gaint just walking round minding hes own *** business and then you come along shoote it in the eye, stab it in de ***, brake hes tusks off and set the poor thing in fire... the face the gaints make them seem so sa sad


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

    I've got no problem killing ogres, in fact I delight in it. I hate those bastards with their dropkicks and instant kill grab and eat attacks and annoyingly large health.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 pm

    Not ogrs, i hate them too 'oh no the sight of a woman exites it' XD...
    but like fighting a griffin or cyclops its just sad to see em burning to death, i dunno why its a pg12 ok there is no swearin or boobies XD but letting a kid burn **** to death is a bit creepy, wasent like de1st dmc pg16 even thou it had like 1/2 the violence of dogma i mean children these days are already lazy n think they know it all...

    video games should be for adults Joy


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"

    Alluier
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 45
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-07-02

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Alluier on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:23 pm

    Also I have question, Do you guys take time in the character creation?
    If yes what does your character look like?

    Mine is an old man, powerful sorcerer.
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Rin on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:22 pm

    lol im realy weird my character creation in any game... has to be perfect...
    my character is me but with a beard as for unknown reasons there are so many tipes of facial hair but no sideburns :shock:


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:56 am