Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Jovias-86
Noob-of-Artorias
GkMrBane
DARKXLORD
Doelker
DxV04
BartholomewWenceslas
SlakeMoth
TheBigLebowski
MsCherryBlossom
Serious_Much
nsane32
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jorund
Sulfur
Railage
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Tolvo
befowler
chimi chongos
Bioraptor
27 posters

Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 4:30 am

Gran Soren has all your "big sword" needs at cheap prices lol!
    Ventured outside at night for the first time. You literally cannot see a thing without a lantern. But Im not paying 500gp to rest. Time to go do othre stuf.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 6:37 am

Be ready to die a lot because your blocking in the opposite direction of the enemy.
    Spending the entire night by some random bonfire I found cause I;m stuck near the witchwood after I spent all day killing a cyclops which had like 10 bandits protecting it.
    Interesting to know that pawns have no concept of "Its fire, and damage it deals for waling through it reduces your max health, so dont walk through it"

EDIT: You cannot imagine how excited you get when its daytime again.
    OMG you cannot imagine how cool getting to the tome in A troublesome tome is. Its completely different from what any other game lets you do.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 8:30 am

Sorry double post Im bad sad

Last edited by Bioraptor on Sat May 26, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 8:32 am

If I was to give any advise about weapons and Armour I would say try and buy the bare minimum.
    As there is alway`s something better around the corner.
    I bought a lot of weapons and Armour up grades to only land in the city`s capital and find the stuff I thought was the bomb was a waste of time compared to this gear.
    Although I had no money left sad

Also I have been getting a lot of PM`s asking me if this game is worth a buy?.

Please follow the link that Befowler kindly posted....
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t5933-nsane32-s-full-review-of-dragon-dogma

Although I have type a few opinions of my own down here.......

Short answer YES

It as been moaned on because it does not have fast travel and it as a big open world.
    But what people do not understand (Game magazine Reviewer`s)is this game play`s a lot on day and night.At night the enemy`s are very active and deadly and through the day they are not so.Although with this said you can still find yourself in trouble,but you can see it coming happy
    So when you go some where its best to sleep at an inn and set off first thing in the morning.
    Also if there was a fast travel people would just fast travel away the night which is not what the Dev's were aiming at.

The combat is not as deep as DkS although it is OK.
    It is not hack and slash which is a good thing Right.
    Also were DkS as white soap stones DD as Pawns which you can summon to help you on your quest.
    The AI are extremely help full and intelligent,it does not feel like they are their just to fill the spot up.

the graphics are OK not great but not poor,but to be honest I do not chose a game on merit to its graphics.

I was playing it all day yesterday.I just could not put it down,it makes a change from DkS.

Also like DkS you get rewarded for exploring although if you are not kitted out you will die.
    There is no difficulty setting although I find it not easy and not to hard,no were near DkS although like I say you can not go steaming in and come out with everything dead.Using your party and weapons is key.

All in all I really like Dragons Dogma and will probably show it the love I do DkS.
    Actual game footage
    Praise the sun
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 547786_3685913399714_1631524771_2820842_941705617_n

I hate Snakes
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 535689_3685473028705_482410621_n

Last edited by Bioraptor on Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 am; edited 4 times in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 am

Its mainly small things that kll you. Multiuple times I've been owning a battle then suddenly I take a hit from behind and, for lack of a better term, get stunlocked to death.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 am

What starting class did you choose to play as DoughGuy

I went with the Strider class and my pawn (Hollow) is a Magi (Healer).
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 8:59 am

I went fighter (now an assassin using sword and bow) and my main went strider (now a ranger). I think Im gonna stay as assassin for a long time, I dislike blocking in this and the versatility of sword bow is amazing. Although aiming the bow, as you can imagine being a strider, can be annoying.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 am

So it sounds like you have been finding your feet,are you settled with this class now?.
    I may change classes on my second run through although I am really liking the Strider class.
    Some off the arrow up grades are amazing.
    Taking out Cyclops out safely at a distance feels good happy

Yeh it as took me a while to learn the knack of coming in and out of the bow,been trying to use it like I am playing DkS happy

Although once you get the feel off it?.It`s quite fast and effective.
    And I love the two swords,very fast and deadly for CQB.

I am really liking this game bro,I knew it would deliver even if it is CAPCOM.

Also I just read that free quest will be up dated every week so this is great as well.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 am

Yeah the new quests will keep the game alive. Although I have no idea were the quest board is.
    I am settled now, really liking assassin. I may do a mage on my second run just to see the difference although I'll probably grab a second mage as a pawn to do healing and buffing.
    I couldnt help running up to the cyclops and climbing onto its face to whack at its eye. Although as there were a bunch of bandits protecting it I had to repeatedly run away to heal then range them till they ran away.
    Out of interest how do you do damage with the bow, because mine doesnt seem to do that much unless I'm using a skill.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 am

I have up graded the bow to 3 stars not too sure of the Dmg output.
    I usually use special arrows or get a Magi to buff it.

I also find the single shot is weak on big enemy's unless I use the special although when it comes to bandits and trolls etc it is quite effective with 3-4 shots of single to kill them.

I guess we will find out more pro`s and con`s as we progress,I would be on the game now although I am watching the qualifying of the F1 at Monaco happy
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

lol I just stopped after 3 hours. I cant find any 2 star upgrade materials. I had a couple of items needed to get to level 3, but nothing that could get me to lvl 2.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 am

Yeah I was lucky I had two friends pawns with me and they were all at level 29-39 and I am 12-15 so I was going to places I really should not have had access too,so I got some nice up grade materials and loot happy.

Well everyone can go anywhere although if it was not for them I would have been dead.

On a good note your friends pawns do not cost you anything to summon them which is good as to buy thoes two who came with me would have cost me a small fortune.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am

lol offline play is going to suck. I'm working with pawns under my level since Im too lazy to replace them often.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 am

Why you are not playing this off line are you?.

But I guess it is going to be less optional for people who do. sad
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 am

I have limited internet for my PS3.
    Just spent 5 minutes in the everfall fighting some ape that likes women, got it to a third of its hp and then it runs off the edge of the stairwell. I honsestly feel cheated,
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 am

got it to a third of its hp and then it runs off the edge of the stairwell. I honestly feel cheated,

lol yeah in a positive way you made it out alive although for your pride you feel like the fight was fixed in your favor.
    Not to worry as I am sure you will encounter many many more across your travels.

I have limited Internet for my PS3.

It is a sad affair in our times when a man can not get a consistent simple broadband connection,I feel for you friend.
    I am lucky to many other`s,I even forked out more ££$$ on a fiber Optic connection so I could keep up and compete with on line games and players.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:27 am

Mmm.
    I JUST realised that you can upgrade to lvl 3 without going to lvl 2! My life is so much easier now!
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat May 26, 2012 10:34 am

I did not even no that,nice find.

Well the F1 qualifying as finished so I think its time to pick up my bow and go hunting.
    Have a great weekend friend.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 am

You too.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm running a two handed warrior to dish out the pain with a MP who is a Battle Mage, super agressive with fire spells, we are an ultimate team. She rarely lets me down.

Letos and Yvette are nigh unstoppable save when those untrustworthy hired pawns get involved.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Sat May 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 550883_241064916002733_100002976788555_433307_431757996_n

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 428557_241066289335929_100002976788555_433312_456194761_n

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 578169_242172772558614_100002976788555_436152_790419985_n

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 543049_242208585888366_100002976788555_436241_1176822749_n

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 2 306191_242600095849215_882388782_n
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Nice you finally got to Gran Soren? Are ther other towns and cities? Cause if you look at how big the map is it'l take a few days in game to get from one side to the other.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat May 26, 2012 9:42 pm

I like my team at the momment.

I have Letos a Greatsword Swinging Duelist, Yvette my Mageling, Scotty a giant of an archer, and Ivy a pint sized swords woman.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I've got Erebus the Assassin (misonomer Dart), Sjana the ranger, Solonius the mage and Redd the fighter, all average size although I am playing offline. Also Viral did you know you can hire firends pawns for free no matter their level? What level are you atm? Cause i should be around 25 by tomorrow when I finally get online.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat May 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Lol Im trying to finish extermination.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 am