Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

57th Time's the Charm!

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

57th Time's the Charm! Empty 57th Time's the Charm!

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am

I counted. It took me 57 deaths to kill S&O on NG+ with no shield. I had to summon other players multiple deaths, but I finally got two BOSS guys with me XD. Shoutout to them! Zonnta and XxAliapohxX on PSN! If you're on your ps3, I say send them a message saying "Thanks for helpin out JoeBroski and being a boss."

PS: This may seem meaningless, but hey, at leas I ain't complaining about the many, many WotG users who killed me on my way to try to kill S&O. Ohhh, there were so many...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

57th Time's the Charm! Empty Re: 57th Time's the Charm!

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 1:47 am

Now try the bed of chaos Muhuhahahahahaha!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 1:49 am

No shield? I've done that before cause I didn't know you could block it.... It took me less deaths. XP

Btw, Cloranthy ring + Grass Crest shield + Grass = OP. SOOO OP.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed May 23, 2012 1:49 am

I never used shield on bed of chaos. Was I supposed to?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 1:52 am

greatshields work GREAT. My tank character did it in one try.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 1:57 am

I hate Bed of Chaos without a greatshield...I can't sprint past the second arm, it always just sweeps me into the pit, so I end up having to platform my way by jumping over the pits. It is very difficult.

Also, I believe it is against the forum rules to post XBL/PSN names. You might want to edit it before they release the hounds. Or don't, you're the one on the line happy
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 am

Well, if they'll warn me if it's against the rules. I seriously want these guys to get a few thank you's if possible hahaha! Not spamming, though. That'd go against what I want. I think that rule's probably for the guys who want to spam hate to other players.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Well, if they'll warn me if it's against the rules. I seriously want these guys to get a few thank you's if possible hahaha! Not spamming, though. That'd go against what I want. I think that rule's probably for the guys who want to spam hate to other players.

Oh, I doubt anything would come of stand figured you knew the rules, I just like to jokingly make conversation like that sometimes happy
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 2:02 am

Well. You made me all seriously boobley eyed. What? Idk. Anyway, I'm really happy now. But I gottah go to the 4kings. wish me luck! Or give me help! SL 76.

Me in New Londo NG+
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t5905-new-londo-help-sl-76-ng-psn#108079
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed May 23, 2012 2:37 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Btw, Cloranthy ring + Grass Crest shield + Grass = OP. SOOO OP.
    Yeah, they really shouldn't stack. It just gets ridiculous, and goes completely against how the game is supposed to be played. You're supposed to be thoughtful about expending your stamina so that you're not caught with your pants down while it regenerates. But any combination of Cloranthy Ring, Grass Crest Shield, Mask of the Child, and Green Grass will practically regenerate your stamina instantly. I prefer to play the game the way it was intended, and let my stamina regenerate at its normal pace--even in PvP.

But good job on beating them with no shield! You'll see, your gameplay will improve tenfold by not using a shield--you may never go back to using one!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 2:49 am

BLA1NE wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:Btw, Cloranthy ring + Grass Crest shield + Grass = OP. SOOO OP.
    Yeah, they really shouldn't stack. It just gets ridiculous, and goes completely against how the game is supposed to be played. You're supposed to be thoughtful about expending your stamina so that you're not caught with your pants down while it regenerates. But any combination of Cloranthy Ring, Grass Crest Shield, Mask of the Child, and Green Grass will practically regenerate your stamina instantly. I prefer to play the game the way it was intended, and let my stamina regenerate at its normal pace--even in PvP.

But good job on beating them with no shield! You'll see, your gameplay will improve tenfold by not using a shield--you may never go back to using one!
    Yeah. I don't think it's not extremely overpowered considering the shield itself aint too great, the ring takes up a ring slot, and the mask takes up a helmet slot, really. I prefer Mask of the Father over all the other masks to maximize my poise with the best I can get for the weight. And the grass takes time to deploy which means it's just pre-fight. So, really, it isn't THAT extreme, but it can be for someone who isn't using a shield. REALLY helps the gameplay and makes it fun when you can dodge and not worry about feeling BS'ed.
    And ya... I actually tried cheating, and I seriously didn't work at all. I just couldn't do it. I felt more comfortable 2h or with my parrying knife. For serious. I feel so boss dodging like a mofo, but to get to this point of being able to dodge S&O at the same time without really looking directly at either took a LOT of hard work. I could get to lightning smough fairly reliably, but he kept blocking my fireball with his hammer and charge me over and over and over again. He just wouldn't do anything else. I could dodge his charge over 20 times, but eventually he'd get me >=/
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed May 23, 2012 3:13 am

Yeah, that charge is annoying to dodge. What you want to do is place yourself in a position so as not to trigger that attack from him. I know it's his furthest ranged attack, so you want to stay close to him. Problem is, then he'll do his thunder-butt-dive attack, and I don't know how not to bait that one. It takes 2 ninja-flips and 3 rolls, I think, to be out of range of those lightning blots, so then you're pretty much in his charge attack range. As long as you get back close to him fast enough, he shouldn't do his charge, but it does get annoying when he does consecutive butt-slams.

But really, once you've killed them enough times, they get easy. I don't sweat the specifics of his attacks because O&S really aren't challenging for me anymore. I can't explain it fully, because it's all instincts by now. But, keep playing without a shield, and you'll get there too, I guarantee it!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 am

BLA1NE wrote:Yeah, that charge is annoying to dodge. What you want to do is place yourself in a position so as not to trigger that attack from him. I know it's his furthest ranged attack, so you want to stay close to him. Problem is, then he'll do his thunder-butt-dive attack, and I don't know how not to bait that one. It takes 2 ninja-flips and 3 rolls, I think, to be out of range of those lightning blots, so then you're pretty much in his charge attack range. As long as you get back close to him fast enough, he shouldn't do his charge, but it does get annoying when he does consecutive butt-slams.

But really, once you've killed them enough times, they get easy. I don't sweat the specifics of his attacks because O&S really aren't challenging for me anymore. I can't explain it fully, because it's all instincts by now. But, keep playing without a shield, and you'll get there too, I guarantee it!
    57 DEATHS! I don't know if I'll be doing another no shield playthrough anytime soon. Tanking has always been my baby. My thing. I hate being squishy. I despise it, really. Why can't I be my favorite class ever?! A healer/tank. I looove those! But healing other players isn't really viable in this game. Just estus.
    Anyway, this character is my Follower of Izalith member. So 4kings then Bed of Chaos, then I'll be done with it other than PvP.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 3:20 am

I dont know what is was but my last O&S fight was super hard. Had 2 phantms but super ornstein would not die. I'd done the same fight before with almost the same toon SOLO and it had been nowhere near as hard. They're still the hardest boss in the game for.= me though.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 3:26 am

Doughguy, I didn't know you were the same person at first haha!
    Yeah. It's always been easy as a tank and with a couple other characters. Tanking and spanking is just... really, really fun. XD it's killing mobs as a no shield character that brings me joy.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 am

What weapon were you using?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 23, 2012 3:29 am

As a tank and spank? Demon's Greataxe +15.
    As a dodge character... G. Halberd Fire +10 twisted
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 3:31 am

twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm