Question about PVP

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Question about PVP

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 am

I guess I could eat dinner all the same if I shot a bunch of fish in a barrel or if I took my time to go out in the afternoon to fish for my catch.

At the end of the day my stomach is still full, but I showed nature the respect it deserves in providing me with sustenance.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Wed May 23, 2012 12:29 am

Fun is subjective. my fun/= your fun.

So Pendant, Cherrys fun is different than yours. Her fun isn't fun FOR YOU, it is for her.

Please let it go now

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Wed May 23, 2012 12:30 am

Guys, I know the animosity you feel towards horse's dead bodies, but it is very thouroughly dead. Enough.

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Wed May 23, 2012 12:31 am

What are you talking about? That horse was blasted to atoms 3 pages ago.

Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:Guys, I know the animosity you feel towards horse's dead bodie's ATOMS, but it is very thouroughly dead. Enough.
    Fixed it!

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 23, 2012 12:34 am

Could I shoot a lion trapped in a cage at the zoo? Sure, I suppose I could.

Probably more efficient than taking the plane ride to Africa and going hunting in the open savanna, after all.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 am

I don't have words for the loathing you've managed to inspire with your narrowmindedness. I don't care how narrow minded it is, you're now #3 on my ignore list. I'm done.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 12:38 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Fun is subjective. my fun/= your fun.

So Pendant, Cherrys fun is different than yours. Her fun isn't fun FOR YOU, it is for her.

Please let it go now

That perhaps is the best thing to do, agree to disagree.

Im quite sure the individual that attempted to argue with me is just going to troll this thread till it's locked. Regardless I thank those that gave their input and appreciate taking the time to answer.

Last edited by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 am

@Cherrry would you mind answering mine and Tovo's questions?

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am

MsCherryBlossom wrote:

Please let it go now

It is probably for the best.

But I won't back down for "niceness'" sake or the sake of jolly agreement.

Sorry.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am

He doesn't have to answer mine. Looking back on them I know my intent, but they can seem like I'm only giving him negative possibilities to slander him. So he doesn't have to answer those questions, it was unfair of me to ask them in the first place really.

Last edited by Tolvo on Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am

MsCherryBlossom wrote:

Please let it go now

It is probably for the best.

But I won't back down for "niceness'" sake or the sake of jolly agreement.

Sorry.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 23, 2012 12:42 am

I guess if you're not getting validation it's trolling. And if don't see your side - I don't - then I'm trolling. You may be having fun but you're certainly having fun in your own bubble.

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 12:43 am

DoughGuy wrote:@Cherrry would you mind answering mine and Tovo's questions?
    Honestly not to be mean at all, I ignored Tovo's question as it seemed not on topic the slightest.

As for yours, from some the first few farming tips I glanced at I honestly can say I get more with my tactic.

Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 12:44 am

You're getting 1.2mil souls in an hour? Seriously?

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Wed May 23, 2012 12:56 am

Actually I'm disappointed with the conduct of a majority of you today. Especially when it comes to how you chose to handle your fellow forum members opinions compared to your own. I've learned a lot about a few of you today.

I'd also love to know whom repped me down for pointing out things I noticed during the video. I was trying to show that for everything we disliked, he was doing some interesting things, and so everyone has their own book of honor, and not sharing yours isn't a crime.

Apparently to several of you, it is.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed May 23, 2012 1:00 am

Most people use the rep system to show pleasure, or displeasure with something. While I think they shouldn't as it gives a negative connotation to having different opinions, most will down rep a post they disagree with.
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Wed May 23, 2012 1:14 am

Today has been a particularly bad day around here. I don't think it has ever really has been this bad on the forums as it has been today. Sigh.

I hope we can live and learn, and take today as a example for what not to do. Ever. Good night to you all.

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Wed May 23, 2012 1:16 am

Kind of a depressing day on the forums... on the bright side, my respect for Pirate has tripled.

Dough- If I'm having a good day FHing I can get 1m every hour. If I'm having a good day against max level hosts and phantoms I can pull in millions every few minutes. In a session of hosting in the burg I pulled in 5m.

Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Wed May 23, 2012 1:17 am

Learn without me. There is really nothing left to contribute here, and I can't handle watching people disrespect others opinions so strongly. I'll be going now.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 1:17 am

Huh, didnt realise PvP could give you so much. I suppose it counts on your skill though. Right Im outta here.

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 am

*whistles for a mod (So many puns recently)* Time to close up shop here.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 am

When it comes to things in the game, tactics aren't what annoys me, as there is a way to beat every single one. Sure, if you don't see it coming certain ones can be very cheap, but that's the whole point.TWOP is frowned upon because it is used by spammers/BS fishers, but unless they ambush you with it up it is easy to avoid, and if you are caught in it you can often just hold block and backpedal slowly to keep them from backstabbing.

What DOES reallya nnoy me though are the people who taunt. Sure, it's one thing if you get taunted when you invade and get 3v1'd and chainstabbed and etc, and you later get revenge, but I really don't see any sporting reason to use a taunt unless they are really over the top with blatantly cheap tactics. Fishing for BS's a bit much? I'll counter BS, if it gets me I obviously need to practice it more.

If I invade you like this, you don't really have the right to taunt after you 3v1 chainstab me. Sure, it is techniclaly possible for me to still win, but I am taking so many handicaps at once that there should be no doubt that you win, so why taunt?

I'm not saying you take it to those extremes, that's just my personal thoughts on the PvP in this game.

Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed May 23, 2012 4:00 am

This thread has almost hit rock bottom now, almost everything's been said, some's been ignored, and even though I post all of 1-2 comments a day now, I still want to pitch something in here:

We came together as a community on the wiki, and then this forum, to explore and enjoy this game together. A huge part of this, is how we interact with other players online. Like it or not, PvE and PvP in Dark Souls are not exclusive. And, like it or not, other than the basest engine rules (who can hit who), there are no rules governing how players must interact with each other online. And that is why, as a community, we came together and created unwritten rules about how we should play together. So that we can explore and enjoy the game together in as fair and fun a manner as possible. But, since these are unwritten rules, yes, they're hard to define and to follow.

I did read this whole thread, and this confuses me:

MsCherryBlossom wrote:I would almost consider this you saying I should agree to your honor code which I openly stated I don't agree with at all. I don't have to follow any code I don't agree with on a video game.

What is it you think our "honor code" is? You make it sound like it's an extensive list of rules that are restrictive and hard to follow. It's not. All our unwritten rules boil down to is: treat your opponent with respect and fight fair.

This is not the first time you created a thread like this, and I did post in your other one. Last time, since you had described your intentions as purely PvE, I said it was fine to do whatever you need to in order to kill the invader that stands between you and the boss fog. But farming invaders for souls is not PvE. Whether you're in it for "fair duels" or not, that is PvP.

I'm not saying that, since this is PvP now, you need to follow a set of rules. All I'm saying is: treat your opponent with respect. You don't need to bow, but attacking someone who is trying to be respectful to you by bowing is disrespectful. And doing rude gestures after you've killed an invader is also disrespectful.

Maybe PvP goes right over your head, maybe it doesn't affect your mood at all. But try and understand the player on the other end of the connection might not feel the same way you do. Getting attacked while they're bowing might upset some people--especially if you rub it in by doing a rude gesture. And go a step further: so what if you do that to him, it's only one invasion, right? Did you ever consider that invaders get that same kind of treatment non-stop? You may only be one, but you're not the only one.

Like I said, we're just trying to make the game more enjoyable for everyone. You don't need to follow an extensive set of unwritten rules, ours or anyone's, just show some empathy and respect toward other players when you're playing online, that's all.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Wed May 23, 2012 4:14 am

As much as I want this thread to curl up and die in a corner, that was well said, Bla1ne.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:11 pm