Post by cloudyeki on Tue May 22, 2012 11:38 pm

I miss Santa Andre of Astora...

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Question about PVP

Post by DoughGuy on Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Only read the OP but let me just say this sort of behaviour can damage the game (IMO). Their are very few honourable players (let alone forest hunters) left. Hnour is not a concept we abide by because we have to,its a concept that we abide by because it makes the game more fun. If you want to soul farm use one of the numerous techniques we have discovered, dont ruin anothers persons game. Now onto read the rest of the thread.

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 pm

I get what you mean in terms of having allies and killing people much quicker, and I have done that with friends while farming in the forest. However it's just not fun, the friends I have added from this game are much better than I am and more experienced in the PVP portion of this game. So mostly im just sitting there doing nothing, thats boring. When I put on a game I want to play it not just sit there and watch it.

@whatdoesthependantdo
    I honestly could careless if you did a gesture IF you killed me. And I don't see anything about me being impatient in how I play so that statement is false. As for the claim im being a jerk, to each their own.

Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue May 22, 2012 11:42 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:I get what you mean in terms of having allies and killing people much quicker, and I have done that with friends while farming in the forest. However it's just not fun, the friends I have added from this game are much better than I am and more experienced in the PVP portion of this game. So mostly im just sitting there doing nothing, thats boring. When I put on a game I want to play it not just sit there and watch it.

@whatdoesthependantdo
    I honestly could careless if you did a gesture IF you killed me. And I don't see anything about me being impatient in how I play so that statement is false. As for the claim im being a jerk, to each their own.

You stated you like to kill forest invaders as quickly as possible for fear of having others join them, and you stated that you don't like been available for summon as white phantom because you don't like waiting around to be summoned. If that's not impatience, I'm not sure what is.
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 11:48 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    MsCherryBlossom wrote:I get what you mean in terms of having allies and killing people much quicker, and I have done that with friends while farming in the forest. However it's just not fun, the friends I have added from this game are much better than I am and more experienced in the PVP portion of this game. So mostly im just sitting there doing nothing, thats boring. When I put on a game I want to play it not just sit there and watch it.

@whatdoesthependantdo

You stated you like to kill forest invaders as quickly as possible for fear of having others join them, and you stated that you don't like been available for summon as white phantom because you don't like waiting around to be summoned. If that's not impatience, I'm not sure what is.

That doesn't mean im in a panic trying to kill them, you seemed as if im that way when killing someone. Excuse me if that not the case. As for waiting around to be summoned I supposed you can call it that, but since I don't play as a phantom to farm souls to begin with I honestly disregarded your statement on that.

Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

@whatdoesthependantdo

That doesn't mean im in a panic trying to kill them, you seemed as if im that way when killing someone. Excuse me if that not the case. As for waiting around to be summoned I supposed you can call it that, but since I don't play as a phantom to farm souls to begin with I honestly disregarded your statement on that.

I suppose this is as close to an agreement that we will reach then. Bow
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Ok read the thread I my previous statement stands. You could get more souls quicker by just using the farming techniques we have discovered. Instead you are being a jerk to some other players. If you didnt know about the farming techniques thats fine and I retract calling you a jerk but if you did it seems like you chose the that way over the farming.

Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Tue May 22, 2012 11:55 pm

People, people. At this point, this thread has essentially degenerated to a flamewar, of which no one will win or lose, and both parties come away from unhappy. I'm no mod, but enough is enough. This is a stalemate, through and through.

Edit: Whoops, nevermind. I'm wrong. big grin

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Pointless debate is pointless.

We're hitting ground thats been bootpacked into granite now.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Guys stop beating the dead horse. In fact, it's not even a carcass anymore. Now the horse is just a bunch of atoms.

Last edited by bloodpixel on Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 pm

If he doesn't he could always check the Resources thread, I'm pretty sure I have threads linked in there on farming spots for Souls, as well as on the wiki they are detailed.

It turns out it isn't in the Resources Thread actually, but it is on the Wiki.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Soul+Farming
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 11:57 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Ok read the thread I my previous statement stands. You could get more souls quicker by just using the farming techniques we have discovered. Instead you are being a jerk to some other players. If you didnt know about the farming techniques thats fine and I retract calling you a jerk but if you did it seems like you chose the that way over the farming.

Apart from the trading/co-op forum section and the PVP section time to time I legitimately have never read another part of this wiki.

Edit: I did read the trophy guide section as well when working on my platinum.

And even so, not everyone should have to follow those farming guides to begin with.

Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue May 22, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm just saying its an easier way to farm souls and you can do it without annoying other people. And I'll stop kicking the atoms now.

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 am

I just looked at the soul farming thread and saw that I wouldn't get as many souls I would farming the way I do.

Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 am

Play games for your enjoyment, that's more than valid, it is why you bought the game isn't it, but if it is at all avoidable why make it so others can't enjoy their game in the same you do? Smacks of selfishness as far as I'm concerned.

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 12:07 am

I don't see how my playing takes away enjoyment for anyone at all. You're attempting to say im being selfish but I fail to see your reasoning behind it. They're invading my world, when they invade part of them knows that they'll either win or die. I die sometimes when farming, I never get bent out of shape from it, I carefully go to my bloodstain and move on. You're over exaggerating how I play to seem as if im out to ruin peoples games which is not the case.

Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Wed May 23, 2012 12:08 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:People, people. At this point, this thread has essentially degenerated to a flamewar, of which no one will win or lose, and both parties come away from unhappy. I'm no mod, but enough is enough. This is a stalemate, through and through.

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 12:08 am

Your beating 1.2 million souls an hour?

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 am

Before IO leave there's a simple way for me to get a grasp of your thoughts.

Do you think using any word is fine, from whatever language you mainly use? The N-Word in public fine, the C word, anything.

Do you think Bullying of others is fine?

Do you see anything wrong with any kinds of sexuality?

I'm not saying your actions are comparable to these acts, it's just getting an idea of your views. After answering these, I'll shut up.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 23, 2012 12:13 am

It's a contrived invasion. You're not exploring an area/going for he boss. You're maxing out in a known high traffic PvP area waiting for people to come attack you. If they show no inclination to want a respectful duel then, by all means, dispatch of them as quickly as you can. But if the bow, what's the harm in waiting the 3 seconds it takes for the animation to complete? You don't even have to bow back in return, but at the very least don't hit a guy when he's defenseless. I don't even see how that could be remotely fun.

exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR on Wed May 23, 2012 12:18 am

It's funny, I used to bow all the time. I would sit around in the forest waiting to get invaded for honorable duels. Then I became a DarkWraith and I don't care much for honor. I will never use cheap tactics though. But GONE are the days I let you buff... If you bow, I will wait for the bow to be over before you attack. But otherwise I'm all over you, especially if you don't see me coming...
    Invading in the catacombs right now, killing in the dark

Kaathe rules everything around me, K.R.E.A.M! get humanity, gotta get the sprites y'all.
    Wu-Tang Clan

XBL: exod FEAR
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 12:19 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's a contrived invasion. You're not exploring an area/going for he boss. You're maxing out in a known high traffic PvP area waiting for people to come attack you. If they show no inclination to want a respectful duel then, by all means, dispatch of them as quickly as you can. But if the bow, what's the harm in waiting the 3 seconds it takes for the animation to complete? You don't even have to bow back in return, but at the very least don't hit a guy when he's defenseless. I don't even see how that could be remotely fun.

I would almost consider this you saying I should agree to your honor code which I openly stated I don't agree with at all. I don't have to follow any code I don't agree with on a video game. You're making it seem im not enjoying my game from my own play style which is silly. Why would I do it if I didn't enjoy it?

If me killing someone how I want to when they invaded my game (with the intentions to kill me i'll add) makes someone stressed out then they need to relax.

Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Wed May 23, 2012 12:23 am

Seriously, listen to me.

Everyone has the right to do whatever they damn well please. If you cant understand someone elses way of thinking, argueing incessantly about it accomplishes nothing. Accept that they have different views, and move on.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 12:25 am

I understand that everyone has different play styles which is why I haven't bashed on honor players at all in this thread. However I don't understand why one would attempt to say my playing isn't fun or is wrong.

Addicted

Post by exod FEAR on Wed May 23, 2012 12:26 am

To be a touch more relevant I don't think you're doing anything THAT bad. Forest invaders don't lose anything when being killed. Also, unless they're stupid, it should only happen to them once...

Kaathe rules everything around me, K.R.E.A.M! get humanity, gotta get the sprites y'all.
    Wu-Tang Clan

XBL: exod FEAR

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:04 pm