Question about PVP

    Share
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by bloodpixel on Tue May 22, 2012 9:30 pm

    I never bow. People who bow expecting a fair fight are idiots, unless it is in set conditions.


    _________________
    avatar
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 25

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 9:33 pm

    cloudyeki wrote:It's a respect thing blossom. You aren't farming AI for souls, your fighting another player for souls. Do to others unto yourself and all that.

    My forest hunter is 292 now, so I can understand the high goal. A good day in the forest will net me around 12 levels, and that's on 10%. You're getting 50%. I hope I get a chance to fight you soon blossom. I'm always looking for someone to equal my pyromancy big grin

    Thats the thing too, from a ton of youtube vids I seen people are invading with millions of souls and humanities. I know they might just have so much because they reached their level already but it's not my fault if they loose some souls upon dying while invading.

    And I play Wednesdays and Fridays (non work days) maybe you might come across me.

    @bloodpixel

    I wouldn't call the idiots, but I think bowing should be designated to only organized PVP.


    _________________
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 pm

    No need to be insulting. You're wrong by the way, one fualty assumption doesn't make someone an idiot.

    Berating people for bowing is hardly fair, and it's likely that they arn't expecting anything, simply indicating their intentions hoping you'll understand and comply.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by bloodpixel on Tue May 22, 2012 9:49 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:No need to be insulting. You're wrong by the way, one fualty assumption doesn't make someone an idiot.

    Berating people for bowing is hardly fair, and it's likely that they arn't expecting anything, simply indicating their intentions hoping you'll understand and comply.
    To be honest, I highly doubt they expect nothing. And yes, I know that they aren't idiots, I wasn't really being all that serious. Don't tell me you have never called someone an idiot for a mistake they made.


    _________________
    avatar
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 64
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 24

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Oniramkenobi on Tue May 22, 2012 9:58 pm

    bloodpixel wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:No need to be insulting. You're wrong by the way, one fualty assumption doesn't make someone an idiot.

    Berating people for bowing is hardly fair, and it's likely that they arn't expecting anything, simply indicating their intentions hoping you'll understand and comply.
    To be honest, I highly doubt they expect nothing. And yes, I know that they aren't idiots, I wasn't really being all that serious. Don't tell me you have never called someone an idiot for a mistake they made.

    If it was meant that way its fine silly .
    But many people would get easylie offended by something silly like that
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm

    To be a mistake, it has to be a purpously executed and incorrect action. If they bow and get killed during, its only a mistake if they value winning against their killer above being courtious.

    When others can't see me, I rephrain from insulting them because it's difficult to tell if I'm joking, and wasted effort if i were serious.

    People are generally too easily offended, I agree. In real life I'm generally very blunt, but this is intended to be a helpful place of civil discussion, so I take pains to limit the potential of my words to offend.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1689
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 37
    Location : Alberta

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by DarkW17 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm

    Wow at this point I am just waiting to see how long it takes to lock this thread!

    Now don't get me wrong you don't offend me and its your choice to play as you like obviously!

    I meen I think we all get your point you want souls and will do anything to get them even BS a bowing player...but your asking us if we think its honourable...you will find about 5 users here that will agree that's its fair...1 of them has already posted apparently!

    I lost 160 million souls on a lvl'd 225 character that I earned from invading not hosting and I could care less...had million more in a night hunting the forest! If I couldn't beat someone fair and square for there souls I wouldn't want the tainted souls and if you can't lvl a character with honourable fights you need to get a little more pvp time in me thinks!



    Last edited by DarkW17 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    The Lords Blade-Darkstalkers...I've come for your Humanity
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by bloodpixel on Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:To be a mistake, it has to be a purpously executed and incorrect action. If they bow and get killed during, its only a mistake if they value winning against their killer above being courtious.

    When others can't see me, I rephrain from insulting them because it's difficult to tell if I'm joking, and wasted effort if i were serious.

    People are generally too easily offended, I agree. In real life I'm generally very blunt, but this is intended to be a helpful place of civil discussion, so I take pains to limit the potential of my words to offend.
    I suppose you're correct.
    I usually take insults by the stride since that's how I grew up (getting insulted constantly). But when I insult someone, they always get pissed off, even though they always insult me. Funny, people can dish it out, but can't take any.


    _________________
    avatar
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 25

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 10:14 pm

    DarkW17 wrote:Wow at this point I am just waiting to see how long it takes to lock this thread!

    Now don't get me wrong you don't offend me and its your choice to play as you like obviously!

    I meen I think we all get your point you want souls and will do anything to get them even BS a bowing player...but your asking us if we think its honourable...you will find about 5 users here that will agree that's its fair...1 of them has already posted apparently!

    I lost 160 million souls on a lvl'd 225 character that I earned from invading not hosting and I could care less...had million more in a night hunting the forest! If I couldn't beat someone fair and square for there souls I wouldn't want the tainted souls and if you can lvl a character with honourable fights you need to get a little more pvp time in me thinks!


    Oh I already know its not "honorable" I never once said my play style is. I just wanted to know why people who don't play the way this wiki thinks is honorable are so bashed on.

    Like I said, I don't think people are the same as me in my point of view on this game and how I play it. I admittedly care about my souls on my legit toon. The others I care little to none about their souls, my dragon head toon is maxed out. So I take the souls where ever I can get them.


    _________________
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm

    Right. Gotta point out, the question wasn't if its honorable.

    The question was, why do people apply real life qualities to someone based on their behavior in a game, and what is the communities opinion on said tactics.

    A valid question it is to, but the short answer is, your actions in the game are all they have as a basis for you as a person, and rather than aknowledge that they can't possibly know anything about you based on that alone, they lable you all manner of things in expression of one emotion or another or out of lazyness.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by bloodpixel on Tue May 22, 2012 10:22 pm

    Though, you gotta admit, taunting them after you kill them is a **** move.


    _________________
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 22, 2012 10:27 pm

    In my opinion. Doesn't always stop me though. My favorite is to point up facing the enetrance of the level ie: get out.

    Reserved for people who do things like outright refuse to attack, and just bs fish.

    I take no pleasure in trounsing weaklings.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by bloodpixel on Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:In my opinion. Doesn't always stop me though. My favorite is to point up facing the enetrance of the level ie: get out.

    Reserved for people who do things like outright refuse to attack, and just bs fish.

    I take no pleasure in trounsing weaklings.
    Yes I taunt those people too. I don't show much respect to those who I find highly annoying.


    _________________
    avatar
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 25

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 pm

    @Forum Pirate I think thats the best answer to my question. I recently saw people bash on gankers saying the same things but gankers are more rage makers than my playstyle I think.

    I've seen billy bayonet in several threads attempt to push some kind of thought that people get pleasure when they kill people apart from the ways people expect you to in this wiki. (I found that extremely weird and dumb)

    I mostly was just very curious to where people make these assumptions.

    @bloodpixel I personally don't gesture ALL the time but I do do it time to time. I do however always drop a prism stone when I kill someone.


    _________________
    avatar
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1689
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 37
    Location : Alberta

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by DarkW17 on Tue May 22, 2012 11:02 pm

    Do I think think peoples personalities reflect there game play...not at all I don't make assumptions about anything or anyone!

    I also have already said I don't have a problem with how YOU play as its YOUR choice to play you want to!

    But you did ask what we thought of it did you not?

    My answer is the same on MY game the way I play I think its cheap and that you would be completely missing the whole point of a fun fair honourable fight that I enjoy....I am not trying to say that's what you have to enjoy!

    The only reason I invade the forest is for the thrill of a 1V3 complete gong anything goes free for all...if there was no gankers how would I have any fun there?

    If I want a real fair duel I only fight friends!


    _________________
    The Lords Blade-Darkstalkers...I've come for your Humanity
    avatar
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 25

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 pm

    DarkW17 wrote:Do I think think peoples personalities reflect there game play...not at all I don't make assumptions about anything or anyone!

    I also have already said I don't have a problem with how YOU play as its YOUR choice to play you want to!

    But you did ask what we thought of it did you not?

    My answer is the same on MY game the way I play I think its cheap and that you would be completely missing the whole point of a fun fair honourable fight that I enjoy....I am not trying to say that's what you have to enjoy!

    The only reason I invade the forest is for the thrill of a 1V3 complete gong anything goes free for all...if there was no gankers how would I have any fun there?

    If I want a real fair duel I only fight friends!

    Thats fine and all but I don't play for PVP duels, yeah farming other people is considered PVP but since im not dueling I don't think those rules should even apply.


    _________________
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Tolvo on Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 pm

    MsCherryBlossom wrote:

    I can see what you mean about the two phantoms. I may not agree with this wiki's Honor Code but I wont go as far as ganking another player. When I farm souls I do it alone.

    And I don't want support, im just simply looking for opinions and why people feel the way they do about their stated opinions.

    In many cases I seen people get bashed on being called cowards, or other RL insults toward who they are as a person just because of how they choose to play this game. Im curious to why one thinks that.

    Why not, you don't care about a moral aspect so why would ganking bother you? You'd get better results, and have to do less work. So why does that matter to you?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue May 22, 2012 11:23 pm

    Seems like you're just trying to justify your less than acceptable dueling practices. If you prefer, as you say co-op, throw down your WSS and help people take down bosses, because if you're killing people whilst they bow because you're "farming" why not just gank? It's far more efficient anyhow.

    avatar
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 25

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by MsCherryBlossom on Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 pm

    I don't gank because I simply don't like doing it, thats the best answer you're going to get. Just because I play by my own standards which most don't agree with doesn't mean I will gank, it's as simple as that.@ Tolvo

    Im not trying to justify my playing since it already is in my eyes. I don't like taking time to wait for someone to summon me either.


    _________________
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 pm

    Tolvo you should go back to the pink sombrero avatar. Your new one is just mad depressing.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Tolvo on Tue May 22, 2012 11:30 pm

    But you are just in it for the souls as you said, you are not looking to PvP, just level or get gear, etc. You could probably just summon people, hide AFK, and let them do the killing for you. The first post of the second page is coming to mind.

    It reflects my mood on these forums Cloud, maybe if things get a bit brighter I'll bring up something a bit more alive.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 pm

    So if you're happy being impatient and a jerk don't get upset when I Point Down after I kill you. I don't like to do so, I prefer the feeling out fights that have their own unique timbres than the 10 sec. swing crazily and drop ones.

    But, hey, that's just me.

    avatar
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 837
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Age : 21
    Location : The Great Perhaps

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Imarreteet23 on Tue May 22, 2012 11:34 pm

    cloudyeki wrote:Tolvo you should go back to the pink sombrero avatar. Your new one is just mad depressing.
    I see what you're doing there. Trying to derail this thread just like the last one!


















    That is probably a good idea, actually. winking





    _________________
    There will usually be a time where I realise that my day simply cannot get any better, that the rest of the day will only get worse. This usually happens while playing Dark Souls


    Stay nerdy, my friends.
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 pm

    Le sigh, I was afraid of that Tolvo.

    Let's just end this now. Blossom you've found your answer by now haven't you and if this goes on the thread will get locked. I'd rather we not hassle the mods more than they've been today.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Tolvo on Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 pm

    That's true, pretty much every response that will be made has been covered, and this has been talked about on this forum so many times the threads just blend together.

    Maybe some day those dark clouds will part and the Sunshine will come through, then Andre can return.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Question about PVP

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:12 pm