Question about PVP

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Question about PVP

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 10:10 am

That goes in hand with what I said earlier, you're gonna win or die as an invader, im not going to cater to one's needs to win. Im also quite sure im respectful to other players, regardless of how I play. Thanks for your input though as yours along with others has given me a clear image of how a large portion of this community is in terms of this games PVP.

A mod can lock this thread for the individuals whining over it so much.

Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 am

MsCherryBlossom wrote:That goes in hand with what I said earlier, you're gonna win or die as an invader, im not going to cater to one's needs to win. Im also quite sure im respectful to other players, regardless of how I play. Thanks for your input though as yours along with others has given me a clear image of how a large portion of this community is in terms of this games PVP.

I probably shouldnt continue but I have to ask how attacking while they're bowing and taunting them when they die is respectful?

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    MsCherryBlossom wrote:That goes in hand with what I said earlier, you're gonna win or die as an invader, im not going to cater to one's needs to win. Im also quite sure im respectful to other players, regardless of how I play. Thanks for your input though as yours along with others has given me a clear image of how a large portion of this community is in terms of this games PVP.

I probably shouldnt continue but I have to ask how attacking while they're bowing and taunting them when they die is respectful?

I'll go ahead and disregard my attempt to not criticize some things in this wiki.

People have taken the things that are done in this game way to heart. If I was to point skyward would that be disrespectful? If I drop a prism stone is that disrespectful? Basically any kind if gesture apart from a bow is disrespectful. I even seen one person bicker about someone running in circles after that person killed them.

And like I said before not everyone follows the "don't attack while they bow" mindset. Just because I don't care for the whole gesture giving before fighting doesn't mean im sitting there saying to myself "Eff this guy ima punk him". I just want to kill you and get your souls, playing the game how its made.

Im not sorry if I seem like a cold individual not really caring about some whole respect issue on a game. Playing a game how I want to without exploiting any kind of lag or hacks is not disrespectful.

Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 am

Each to their own however I'm just saying that regardles of what you think of your actions they were not respectful to the other player. Throwing a prism stone is widely accepted as disrespectful as is attacking during abow. Respect is different from honour, it is more absolute.
    I will agree with you on one point, can we get this thread locked.

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 am

Like I said, taking it way to heart. And thats me putting it nicely.

Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Wed May 23, 2012 10:58 am

its only a game guys jeez, we need to accept that not everyone follows our honour code,

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am

Before it gets locked I suppose I could explain why it is a bit disrespectful.

Imagine you are in a park and see a person waiting at a chess table. You go on up to play, a friendly game of chess why not? They proceed to plan every move incredibly having known a tactic that will win in four moves, they win. Alright, they won. They then proceed to middle finger you and smile sticking their tongue at you. Sure, they can do that if they want it isn't illegal or anything and really it doesn't matter. But why do they feel the need to do that? The only possible intent could be to disrespect the other, that's the purpose of those gestures. As well you just sat down to play a game with a random person, to have fun. But all they want to do is win, why are they even playing against casual people? They should be going for a tournament or something, not trying to prove themselves against people who are just looking to have pleasant fun.

Essentially, it's giving other people the middle finger, people you don't know, and expect them to just be fine with it. If someone middle fingers me I don't get bent out of shape over it, but I'm going to think to myself why they would middle finger me. A friend might be teasing me, but a random person is more than likely intentionally trying to get a rise out of me. And a person who gets a rise out of the pain/anger of others and seeks it? Not the type of person I want to get to know.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 am

^Correct.

billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 am

tolvo to the rescue AGAIN,

Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 am

Just because its a game and you are anonymous it does not give you the right to be less disrespectful than you would in real life. Anonyminity does not change how you should act nor does the fact you are operating in a virtual environment.

WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight on Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 am

I think there is a point where people take things too seriously, PvP is one of them. Using the 'human beings' argument is identical to those hysterical anti video game groups who correlate video games with violence. A person isn't going to walk away from this game and act identical to the way they do on this.

I doubt half or more of the people who use the honour system on here even do anything remotely similar in real life, how many of you help an old lady across the street? How many of you help the homeless? Organise community events?
    At the end of the day it's a video game, a form of escapism from reality, a fantasy of the player. If you say that a certain fantasy of the player i.e not being honourable is wrong, then in short you are not a gamer.
    My 2 pence.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 am

A person should play a video game and act worse than they do in real life. that argument is a two way street.

MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 am

Dear god I facepalmed at your last post doughboy.

Anyway, ill keep in mind not to gesture someone in the game to make sure I don't insult them or come off rude. /sarcasm

And I agree with WarriorofSunlights post entirely.

Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Wed May 23, 2012 11:11 am

everyone arguing on the honour side of things, we should just continue playing how we want to play, and let other people play how they want to play, this argument can go on forever, we all no my views on PVP in this game,

Despair shall become you

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed May 23, 2012 11:11 am

Anything that happens in a game doesn't matter, but how you treat other players can. It's in the same vain that Cyber Bullying happens online, but is still a serious offense and it should be due to the number of suicides that have happened in the past, and will happen in the future.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Wed May 23, 2012 11:12 am

Cyber bullying is real before people start getting all sarcy about that

Despair shall become you

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am

Yet it occurs in an unreal environment, just as video games do. So why should we treat the two any differently really? In fact Cyber Bullying often happens in games.
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom on Wed May 23, 2012 11:15 am

..... if a "well what is it" gesture or me dropping a prism stone is about to be put in the same category as cyber bullying thats just sad.

Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 am

This is just coming to my attention. Locking it up right away. Shameful what has transpired here.

Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:10 am