odd occurances

barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

odd occurances

Post by barrywilkins on Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 am

lately ive been doin myself some forest hosting/gravelording, and i find myself losing quite a bit to an unusual thing: not even knowing i was invaded twice. a few times now, i have began dueling an invader when out of nowhere, im being backstabbed by someone else. this isnt something like i just forgot they were there. the game never even told me they invaded. it only showed the message for one invader. so i pose this question to you forum: how do they invade me with no message?
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: odd occurances

Post by Eolan on Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 am

Hmm i thought being invaded by a dmb was silent as they are policing your sins?
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue May 22, 2012 10:48 am

that's happened to me while gravelording, sometimes you get invaded twice almost at the same time andt you only get one warning but im not sure about this though.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Tue May 22, 2012 11:46 am

^^ what he said. yesterday i had something kind of like that happen(not really) and it scared the **** out of me. i was in burg waiting for a duel and i noticed a body on the ground by the stairs moving all of a sudden and then another body by the logs moving(i had not gotten an invasion message and no one spawned) i was like hmmmm wtf. then all of a sudden a player rises up out of the ground already swinging a BKGA right in my face. it took a good 20 seconds for the person to become visible to me and i didnt get an invasion notice till well after they appeared.

Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:54 pm

That's output lag on their end.
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle on Tue May 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Yesterday I was trying to co-op in New Londo but getting few hits, so I figured I'd use some cracked red eyes. I invade this guy, spawning in the very beginning of New Londo, and run through the level, twice. Usually you can find a host by the trail of dead bodies but everything was alive and none of the ghosts had been triggered from their hiding places. So I think he's just really good at hiding and I send him a message: "U r good." He responds with, "Who are you?" I explain that I've invaded and can't find him. He responds and I realize English is not his first language and there's no way we'll be able to hash this out. So I jump off a cliff and hope that at least maybe he got some souls.

Also, someone posted about the lack of miracle resonance rings and it seemed to be on PS3 there was a lack of these rings. I have never seen one, other than those in the catacombs, in 300 hours. The XBL people seem to have no problem. There are a ton of them in Vageta's videos. There are definitely some issues on PSN.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Tue May 22, 2012 2:59 pm

RantFromRant wrote:that's happened to me while gravelording, sometimes you get invaded twice almost at the same time andt you only get one warning but im not sure about this though.

This.

Happens to me all the time hosting the forest. Traffic is so high its not uncommon to have a full queue of invaders right off the bat. Sometimes a message gets lost in the void.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:50 pm