Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
TehInfamousAmos
Federally
Carphil
Quarik
DoughGuy
mugenis4real
dancash1808
11 posters

"Honourable"

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

"Honourable" Empty "Honourable"

Post by dancash1808 Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 am

Just curious what rules people abide too in a pvp context on the forums in regards to bowing using certain tactics or npcs ect.
    Personally I will use WoG if multiple people are after me and the same with NPC's however I generally try to bow.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

"Honourable" Empty Re: "Honourable"

Post by mugenis4real Tue May 22, 2012 5:04 am

Always bow unless your opponent is on the attack, don't spam, if your being ganked(double teamed,triple teamed) then anything goes.

At least thats how I do it happy
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 22, 2012 5:05 am

Personally, I will bow if they do. I dont invade cept as a hunter so I can either wait for them to bow or I can immediately tell if they're going to bow or not. I never heal and I never BS on purpose. Neither do I spam spells. I play as honourably as I can no matter how many times it gets me killed.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 22, 2012 5:13 am

If they spam WoG, use TWoP, heal, run farther into the level, attack while I bow, BS fish, chain crit, or worst, gank, I'll do my best to destroy them. Otherwise I don't break any of those rules.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue May 22, 2012 6:06 am

Hmm... interesting to hear the different views on it thanks!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue May 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Last week I invaded a guy who was a ganker, his phantom bow when he saw me, but the host did not, then both rushed and the phantom backstabbed me while the host casts WoG. Then another invader shows up and attack the host, when I get up I fight and kill the phantom at the same time the host is killed, then I taunt the phantom like this: "Honourable" 2707236321

Then we had a short "conversation" by messages:

Phantom: Why you taunt? I bowed at the beggining and you should do the same"

Me: Because both you and the host tried to backstab me

P: Yes, I did tried to backstab because I'm tired to fight idiots who dont bow and only wants to kill people and don't even try to have fun

Me: You and your buddy attacks me at the same time, backstab and use WoG when I get up trying to finish me as soon as possible and then you hatemail me about Fun and Honour?

End of conversation. Moral of story: Honour is made by point of views. For me, an honourable player will never gank anyone, but for him, he could gank, spam WoG, do whatever he wants as long the opponent "bow" before the fight.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 22, 2012 3:09 pm

I read off the invader/host whether or not I bow. If they're keeping their distance and not doing anything or bow first I bow. Anyone who bows gets treated fair, no healing, no chain BS. If they break a rule I throw the rules out the window. If I'm out numbered I also don't follow the rules.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 3:31 pm

There is no honour, its a video game for gods sake. I see no honour in bowing to your target in PVP, it is just bloody common courtesy - there is either having fun, or not. The latter normally occurs when you lose. An honourable act would be helping someone carry their shopping home or something similar to that
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 pm

I bow to make sure my opponent is ready.

I don't spam spells because it is boring.

i don't BS fish because it is boring.

I don't attack people who bow because it is boring.

I don't gang up on people because it is boring.

I don't min/max because it is boring.

I don't heal because if i have to, then I've already lost.

If someone pulls off a lovely parry and messes up the riposte (does an ordinary attack my mistake), I have been known to offer them a BS if I think they deserve it.

If I find gankers, or someone heals in a duel, or someone who attacks while I bow, then they must die at all costs, so my rules stop applying.

Last edited by Wisp on Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 3:51 pm

It's relative. It is best to make sure that, if you want to show it, you must show it the same or similar way they do.

Many prefer a bow before battle, and preparation with Buffs and such to themselves and their weapons. If they aim to hit you without remorse, you do the same.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Tue May 22, 2012 4:18 pm

if i'm actually trying to progress in the game and i get invaded i will do whatever it takes to take out the invader. sorry, but my intentions are not for pvp in that situation. any other event though, i will try to quickly assess my opponent to see if they will play fair and i will almost always bow unless of course it's a 2 or 3v1 or i see them making a b-line toward a back stab.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 22, 2012 4:40 pm

if they have a friend with them(can also be a red/blue one) i wait for them to bow and observe what they do. if they just attack then the gloves are off, and i will do anything i can to win.
    if they are alone i wait for them to bow or bow first, it depends. if they bow then i assume they want to duel, and i fight honorably until i win/lose/see them do something that un-honorable in my book. IE healing, spell spam etc.

"honorable" is for me to not spam WoG or GC or TWoP most other spells are fine for me. to not BS fish, if someone BS because of a mistake i made then its fine. to not use the mobs. to not heal. to not attack right after a BS/parry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am