Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
DoughGuy
callipygias
Azran
RANT
Uparkaam
Rynn
10 posters

New Game +++++++

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

New Game +++++++ Empty New Game +++++++

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Sometimes I wonder why people don't trek towards this more often. I think a lot of us could easily reach it with a lot of our builds. I wouldn't even be against making a forest covenant member and just going all the way to 705 with a char, just to have the experience of reaching NG7 and beating it.

Sadly, I've never gotten past NG5, I need an ally or two to get any further, and I don't have any after level 250 or so.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

New Game +++++++ Empty Re: New Game +++++++

Post by Uparkaam Mon May 21, 2012 5:42 pm

I think the best SL for getting through NG+ infinity is around 120. You can still do PvP and get some help against some harder bosses. I'm still at NG+++++ with my SL 132, but I'm going to continue it again once I get platinum from Demon's Souls.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm

ng+7 is probably gonna be the last thing i do before im done with dark soulsm the farthesr ive gotten is ng+++ but i stopped becasue i wanted to host in a different places.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 pm

I don't really enjoy the cheap trick of adding damage/health to enemies. Maybe once, yeah. That's why I completed both NG and NG+ but after that, it's just silly. I'd prefer smarter AI.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon May 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Well I love having my main guy at infinity. He has everything. On my way home from work today I decided to do a playthrough focused on finding out which enemies I can make suicide using Aural Decoy. It's pretty cool deciding to try something and already having everything you need (and more).

Yesterday I wanted to use equipment I'd never used so I +15'd up a Butcher Knife and +10'd up the Steel Armor set. Took about two minutes. That kind of freedom is awesome, PVE-speaking.

That character is like 700 hours old or something, and over NG+70 by now. When I get bored with him I have 8 other characters designed for co-op and now my sl 6 guy trying for infinity.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 11:02 pm

I think you can get the same feel of going through NG+++++++ by going through the game with low level toons. I just started my SL 8 run and its what I imagine NG+++++++ would be like.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon May 21, 2012 11:15 pm

I can see why you'd think that, but infinity is light years away from low-lvl NG. Infinity gets easier the more you do it, of course, but in NG you can take sooo many hits, even at a low sl.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Azran wrote:I don't really enjoy the cheap trick of adding damage/health to enemies. Maybe once, yeah. That's why I completed both NG and NG+ but after that, it's just silly. I'd prefer smarter AI.

Azran smarter AI would be AMAZING. I have a ng++ toon and if you know how to dodge there isn't much of a difference in any ng level besides souls gained. If they changed the way they reacted to you that would be much more effective in creating the "harder" illusion.
    jus my 2c

Last edited by lordgodofhell on Mon May 21, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar)
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue May 22, 2012 12:33 am

Yeah, I know dodging makes a whole world of difference. But I'd simply prefer it if they added an even more complex AI ON TOP of the damage/resistance increase. I wouldn't mind it then.

C'mon, make Gargoyles parry!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 22, 2012 12:35 am

I'm surprised, I thought more people in this community had reached NG+Inf. I have on my original character, but I can understand why not many people do it. For me, it's not that it's challenging to get there (it's not; there are very easy ways to get there--try Int...), personally it's just that I don't see the point. Enemies get more health, they deal more damage, you're more-or-less capped because of the diminishing returns. But other than bosses taking a bit longer to kill, NG+8 is the same as NG. Most of my toons are either NG+, +2, or +3, depending on whether I just want to get them to SL120 or whether I need to do more playthroughs to get more spells. But once my toons are complete, I see no point in keeping on piling on the +s. I prefer to start a new toon, instead. The only reason I even went to +Infinity once is because I was going for the platinum trophy and messed up a lot! (Also, this was before it was known that you could get the trophies on different characters... although, in hindsight, that should have been obvious!)

I guess others are just more PvE-minded than I am. For me, PvE's just become about leveling my toons for PvP. For someone who enjoys PvE more, then sure, I can understand why they'd keep progressing through +s.

DoughGuy wrote:I think you can get the same feel of going through NG+++++++ by going through the game with low level toons. I just started my SL 8 run and its what I imagine NG+++++++ would be like.
    If you give yourself equipment restrictions on top of level restrictions, then it could be pretty close. Otherwise, with an elemental weapon, a mask, and the right rings, your SL really doesn't mean anything. In NG, regardless of your SL, you can easily destroy bosses with the right gear. When you get along in +s, they get a lot more health, whereas your damage output is almost capped. Other than that, there's also the freedom of choice callip mentioned. Whether consciously or not, by the time you get to NG+Whatever, you'll have collected a lot of equipment and spells! So you can easily wield and attune whatever you fancy, which you can't do on NG--especially not with a low level.

Anyway, all this to say: NG+Inf has its appeals to some players; I'd probably recommend everyone get there at least once, like I recommend to try everything else in Dark Souls.

(Btw, hate to say it, but my attendance and posting on these forums will diminish drastically. This isn't a great place to say this, but I thought I'd say it here since this is probably the only post I'll write tonight.)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 2:54 am

Azran wrote:I don't really enjoy the cheap trick of adding damage/health to enemies. Maybe once, yeah. That's why I completed both NG and NG+ but after that, it's just silly. I'd prefer smarter AI.
    I haven't tested this, but in my personal experience, I know for a FACT all my bosses have done new attacks on NG+. Maybe I'm just cursed and they saved those attacks just for me. But most of them just seem to do the right thing at the wrong time for me, and new stuff appears that I swear I've NEVER seen.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue May 22, 2012 7:10 am

Huh, weird. My NG+ bosses just spammed the same attack over and over most of the time.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    I haven't tested this, but in my personal experience, I know for a FACT all my bosses have done new attacks on NG+. Maybe I'm just cursed and they saved those attacks just for me. But most of them just seem to do the right thing at the wrong time for me, and new stuff appears that I swear I've NEVER seen.

I think you may just have met new attacks as your playstyle changed in NG+, after all the attacks bosses used is just based on where you're standing with an element of chance, so you can bait certain attacks and use them to your advantage.

I never saw Quelaag's magic AoE blast till NG+ as first time i took her head on so she just physical attacked me over and over, but since then every time I fight her she uses it.

I think you were just unlucky not to see all the bosses' attacks before you went to NG+, that or you just killed the bosses with too great an ease silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm