PVP Damage Resistence?

    Share
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by GkMrBane on Mon May 21, 2012 12:18 pm

    So im in the forest right and trying to get a Medium roll build feel and I have some great defense thats working as if I had 1800 health so im wondering what the blue tear stone ring could do to defenses as far alowing you to tank one more hit when nessecary when your health is that low.

    As side note I equiped blue tear sone ring with ring of steel and I had between 650 slash resist and 700 I cant remember right now since it was 4 in the morning and im at work so I cant test but if any one else can confirm Id be thankful.



    Edit my bad for got to post link. sad www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=208214752


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by billy_bayonet on Wed May 23, 2012 4:50 pm

    ive found the blue tearstone ring doesnt have quite the same effects on your defense that red tearstone has on your AR, IMO youd be better of having the red ring on and hoping to get that last killer shot,


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 5:03 pm

    A lot of people undereatimate the power of the blue tearstone. It keeps you from getting killed. Have you guys ever heard of 2nd chance? Thats the blue tearstone. Red tearstone may not even activate and u can die. But blue tearstone ALWAYS activates. Whats important about the red tearstone is what happens after it activates, but the blue's strength is in the fact that it DOES activate. And stops damage indefinitely.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 561
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-05

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by Kaminari on Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

    JoeBroski09 wrote:A lot of people undereatimate the power of the blue tearstone. It keeps you from getting killed. Have you guys ever heard of 2nd chance? Thats the blue tearstone. Red tearstone may not even activate and u can die. But blue tearstone ALWAYS activates. Whats important about the red tearstone is what happens after it activates, but the blue's strength is in the fact that it DOES activate. And stops damage indefinitely.

    this means that you can't get oneshotted with that ring?
    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Wed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

    It's not really useful since damage resistance suffers from diminishing returns. Stacking damage works: stacking defence doesn't.


    _________________
    Golden rays of the glorious sunshine, sending down such a blood-red light
    Now the animals slowly retreat to the shadows, out of sight
    Arid winds blow across the mountains, giving flight to the birds of prey
    In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 5:31 pm

    Its very, VERY hard. They'd have to do at least 1.5x your health. And stacking defense does work. The ring takes all your defense and puts it up 2x. Stopping most damage.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm

    Someone should do tests.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by billy_bayonet on Wed May 23, 2012 5:33 pm

    ive had someone kill me while waering that ring, it doesnt do anything to your defense until it activates and if your killed on one shot it wont activate


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by GkMrBane on Wed May 23, 2012 5:42 pm

    but the ring 1.5's you resistence the moment the 20% health line is crossed so for tanks I think it would help with stoping those 1 hit kills from hornet ring users.

    I wonder if it takes effect on hits after 20% is crossed, after or on the whole attack that is supposed to break that 20% barrier.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by billy_bayonet on Wed May 23, 2012 5:54 pm

    it takes effect after you take teh damage it wont negate damage that has allready been done


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 pm

    It goes into effect AS you take the damage. I used to use that ring like a mofo


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:07 pm

    It's great for high defense characters because that's where it'll make a difference. ya, you won't get 1-shot as easy as a high defense character, but it may keep a bs from killing you. it may not always, but if you've got high defense *whistle* it'll add SO much defense at that last 20% of health that it'd be hard to get you to die.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Kentucky ya'll

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by BoilerFan8472 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:54 pm

    I prefer the red tearstone over the blue, mostly because when I get that low on health the other person almost always gets super aggresive and my tank build can take a lot but when the enemy is using a lightning weapon or something its much more effective to stagger them with a high damaging weapon and go to town on them than to block them and take damage through the shield


    _________________
    Proud Member of The Noble Knights

    Praise The Sun!!!! cheers

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:03 pm

    BoilerFan8472 wrote:I prefer the red tearstone over the blue, mostly because when I get that low on health the other person almost always gets super aggresive and my tank build can take a lot but when the enemy is using a lightning weapon or something its much more effective to stagger them with a high damaging weapon and go to town on them than to block them and take damage through the shield
    i guess it would depend on if you're using havel's greatshield or not. You dont take much damage through the shield haha!
    I guess you wont know which one you like unless you try both of them out, OP.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Sponsored content

    Re: PVP Damage Resistence?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:28 am