My low level build

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

My low level build

Post by DoughGuy on Mon May 21, 2012 4:17 am

So I'm attempting a low level playthrough and I was wondering what people thought of my build?
    mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=238044609. Since its my first Im not limiting myself to base level (and I really want to use the halberd) and Im going to be using pyromancy as a crutch.

Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: My low level build

Post by Federally on Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 am

How about a proper link

Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Mon May 21, 2012 4:36 am

Th link works for me. Maybe try http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=238044609

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Mon May 21, 2012 8:36 am

Bump

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 8:22 am

Just got to Sen's with it.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 am

You can hardly call an SL8 a 'build' lol

you might wanna consider Ring of Fap since you know you need health/stamina/equipweight.

Also maybe an elemental claymore? I dunno what you want but to me halberds aren't simple enough to use on a low level build that has to rely on dodging... Also you might want to use eagle shield too winking

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Serious_Much wrote:You can hardly call an SL8 a 'build' lol

you might wanna consider Ring of Fap since you know you need health/stamina/equipweight.

Also maybe an elemental claymore? I dunno what you want but to me halberds aren't simple enough to use on a low level build that has to rely on dodging... Also you might want to use eagle shield too winking
    my no shield character just beat s&o on ng+ with fire g. Halberd +10. Dont be dissin on halberds, yo. Does more damage than 40 dex unbuffed ricards +15.
    The moveset combined with the range and high base damage makes halberds one of the best weapons in the game, imo. Plus, people keep harping on uniqueness or some crap? I see claymores alllll the time.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm

I really want to use the berd plus this is in part so I get better at dodging. I've used shields basically constantly so far, time to learn to dodge. Rings are still undecided. Dont know whether to use havels, rofap or DWGR.

JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Don't use DWGR, IMO. It's a crutch for a dodging character. And I heard once that there's a longer "start dodge" animation and a longer "recover" animation after the dodge. It may be a longer animation, but the actual invincible animation is the same. The dodge is longer and takes longer to recover than a normal dodge, so IMO, a normal dodge is great for a dodge character because you get to recover and start dodging faster since it's what you HAVE to rely on.

RoFaP is what I went with. It helps me not get 1 shot as easy and gives me more stam, though I took it off as SOON as I got a second in NG+. I love cloranthy ring SO much and red tearstone ring makes my heart pump and makes me feel like a BOSS.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed May 23, 2012 9:36 pm

use rofp and havels, fast roll is much better and you dont need poise in pve, light armor is much better for its res and phys res too, dingy/maiden sets are so awesome for pve(if your toon is a girl though)

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Its up to you, really. But imo to use the dwgr would help too much for a low sl run. Or cripple you. Idk, i dont like it. Im not bothered by other people pvping me with it because i feel like they're crippling themselves, but i dont like seeing another forum friend use it cause i dont want to see them crippling themselves... sad ill try not to post again cause i feel a controversy coming.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 pm

lol the DWGR is not controversial
    @Rant Im not sure about RoFaP. I can see it for the stamina but wil I need hp?

JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm

DoughGuy wrote:lol the DWGR is not controversial
    Meh. I disagree with everyone who says that it's good. So it's controversial to me. Idk why, but I felt a weakness while posting that last one. I felt like I would start arguing for some reason. But it's passed. *shrug* hahaha! Anyway. When I copy your build, and if you go with DWGR, I'll just have to choose a different ring haha! That's all there is to it, really.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Joe, what do you mean by crippling? you mean becoming reliant?

Also I said use claymore rather than halberd as it's faster swing. I also hate halberd moveset for being so ugly and malcoordinated when you use it's 1H R1.. I just dislike the weapon type in general silly

Dough yeah that's true, I actually haven't done a run without a shield yet though really I never use my shield anymore unless I'm parrying, it's gotten to that stage, yet I think having a shield looks cooler in PvE, and I can't parry with an offhand spear lol!

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't REALLY know what i mean by "crippling", but I do know what I mean by "crutch." Just that if you rely on the DWGR on a dodging build is like relying on DMB on a faith/dex build. Kinda. I believe that a dodge type build should dodge the default way, because if you get used to the DWGR, you may not be able to get used to the default dodge. Aaand I guess that's what I meant by crippling. Whoo! I've figured out my own brain.
    The weapon isn't known to be the best, but I just like it :3 Obviously haha!

OOH! I thought of another analogy! Using the DWGR on a dodge character is like wearing an ankle brace constantly. Your ankle never REALLY get's strong. In fact, it can get weaker. I use this analogy because I have a seriously BAD ankle =/ I just broke it last Nov. <--(Off topic? yes. That's me, though. I should make a reference now.)

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed May 23, 2012 10:30 pm

heh, well unfortunately I have to take the cripple, the lag in PvP is worse than most for me as my internet is bad (and I mean BAD), and I play across the world from majority of players.. I've tried using med roll and fast roll dodge in PvP. No matter how well I time it I still get him just because of the lag. Sadly I genuinely can't PvP competitively without it sad

PvE it's not a problem though, med roll is good enough even for it due to the slow speed of all mobs/bosses

Also, what's wrong with using DMB or SB buff on a faith/dex build? silly that's like the whole point of the hybrid, to make use of the buff.. bounce

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed May 23, 2012 10:32 pm

@doughguy you need the stamina more than the hp, hp doesnt really matter since youre gonna be dodging more than tanking, you could even do it with medium roll and its just as good. you defnately dont need poise in pve since there's not a lot of mobs that can gang up on you, the only ones i can think of is the ones in the church and if you have no poise it will help you get better at dodging.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Serious_Much wrote:heh, well unfortunately I have to take the cripple, the lag in PvP is worse than most for me as my internet is bad (and I mean BAD), and I play across the world from majority of players.. I've tried using med roll and fast roll dodge in PvP. No matter how well I time it I still get him just because of the lag. Sadly I genuinely can't PvP competitively without it sad

PvE it's not a problem though, med roll is good enough even for it due to the slow speed of all mobs/bosses

Also, what's wrong with using DMB or SB buff on a faith/dex build? silly that's like the whole point of the hybrid, to make use of the buff.. bounce
    Yeah. I was mostly talking about PvE. I love my fast roll without a shield. Plus, NG+ 1, 2, or 3 shots you if you have medium or low defense armor.

And to RELY on DMB would be like saying "I do enough damage with DMB with this weapon, so I won't upgrade it anymore." Only then realizing that you only have one cast. You can't RELY on that. I haven't ever made a hybrid, so I don't think it was a very good analogy haha!

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 pm

yeah well that's when an offhand Dragonslayer spear and some ranged attacks come in handy joe twisted

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:yeah well that's when an offhand Dragonslayer spear and some ranged attacks come in handy joe twisted
    Pyromancy isn't really much of a ranged attack =/ And I'm a pryomancer... i'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying haha!

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed May 23, 2012 10:39 pm

I was talking about my dex/faith build when DMB runs out, obviously silly

But I'm sure if you wanna survive doing low level run, getting yourself ring of fog and an elemental bow/arrows would be a life saver.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I was talking about my dex/faith build when DMB runs out, obviously silly

But I'm sure if you wanna survive doing low level run, getting yourself ring of fog and an elemental bow/arrows would be a life saver.
    Look Skyward Obviously.
    It would be a life saver. But I died 57 times at S&O. I can take death twisted
    :pale: hold me!

GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Thu May 24, 2012 1:03 pm

the wolfs ring helps since you may die but at least you wont stagger.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu May 24, 2012 1:06 pm

I think the wolf ring is fairly useless when one hit from anything would kill him... silly

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Thu May 24, 2012 1:52 pm

I know I tried to inject as much sarcasm as possible into my post.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:18 am