Dumb/weird/glitchy ways you have died

sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dumb/weird/glitchy ways you have died

Post by sjackson12 on Mon May 21, 2012 1:46 am

Painted World - accidentally backflipped at the start, falling through the bridge. Only time I'm aware of where a death does not send you back to the last bonfire rested at.

Valley of Drakes - rolled past the first dragon but got stuck in it's tail. Couldn't do anything and got one-shot.

Anor Londo - attempting to jump on the rotating platform before it had come to a complete stop.

Anor Londo - get misdirected due to the camera changing perspective slightly and fall off the walkway that goes up to the left (from the first gargoyle).

Crystal Caves - ran across the invisible bridge, took a quick rest and found out a golem had stalked me all the way across. He knocked me off to my death.

Abyss - Killed one of the kings, but couldn't see the next one because it was obscured by the annoying blinding light from the previous one dying. Needless to say I died.

Share yours!

Last edited by sjackson12 on Mon May 21, 2012 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Dumb/weird/glitchy ways you have died

Post by DoughGuy on Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 am

New Londo - At the firekeeper soul, just killed all the ghosts. Slowly walk back over, the man floating on the cloud holding the camera on a fishing rod bounces off the archway and I walk over the edge.

lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell on Mon May 21, 2012 2:11 am

Didn't die but almost 100% of the time I go down the first walkway in Anor after the 2 Sentinel guard guys and past the first 3 winged demons, I lose health at the bottom of the walkway even though I have not been hit or dropped. I just get the health taken away. Is there a toll or something lol

The Pantheon

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon May 21, 2012 2:15 am

butterfly garden. jumped down before the bonfire, at the place you can see a frog if you look down. when i went to the fog gate it glithced and i fell trough the floor, kept falling for 2 min and then i died.
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon on Mon May 21, 2012 2:37 am

The Great Hollow...'nuff said!

PSN - BackwardsBaboon

Sanity Is Overrated!

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 am

Both my dumbest and my most annoying deaths have occurred doing Kings co-op.

Stupidest: After every 4 or 5 summons I'll run up to Rickert and have him repair my gear. One night someone put a sign there that said something like "Beware backstep." I was thinking how good a msg that was when I got summoned in mid-repair. Can you guess what I did?

Most annoying: Apparently there is a wall in the Abyss? Twice I've rolled evasively and come up against a wall. First time killed me.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Mon May 21, 2012 3:30 am

Firelink - was rushing back to New Londo to get a very valuable bloodstain, forgot to raise elevator before trying to board. Fell to my death.

Blighttown - Tried taking the shortcut to valley of drakes. Got to the top of the water wheel and fell off to my death. I've messed that part up 3 times, by either not rolling or rolling too far, and every time its been on the way back to a bloodstain.

Side note, every time I do something incredibly dumb I'm on the way to a bloodstain, Wtf is wrong with me?

Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Mon May 21, 2012 9:42 am

In Sens I get invaded and me and this other guy are battleing on one of the beams and im fighting with a Gsword and showing off how well balanced I am on the beam when I kill him and just as he is dieing I do the well what is it pose and walk into a swinging axe which kills me. LOL

I got a msg about how he was happy I won cause nothing funnier has ever happened. I repsond ya its my newest greatest fail moment ever.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal on Mon May 21, 2012 12:02 pm

i was doing somewhat of a speedrun in blighttown farming green titanite shards from the slugs coming from the valley of the drakes shortcut. rather than spending time on ladders i jumped from a pretty high platform, the fall damage didn't register for like 30-40 seconds afterwards when i was poisoned and the remainder of my health depleted as i was casually walking through the swamp.

You got some sticky white stuff on your sword Look Skyward
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson on Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Got stuck in the claw of the undead dragon, launched into the air and died of fall damage. On my level 1 pyromancer. Just slightly unfair.

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 pm

I kept hitting Firesage after I already struck the killing blow to see how much damage I could do before he faded.

Not advisable with the Lifehunt.

GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Mon May 21, 2012 3:52 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I kept hitting Firesage after I already struck the killing blow to see how much damage I could do before he faded.

Not advisable with the Lifehunt.

LOL!!

Some guy killed him self with it when he invaded and tried to bleed me. lOl

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon May 21, 2012 3:53 pm

blighttown- the twisted branch that leads to the crimson armor and the catalys, i die every time i try to go back, i stopped going there or just homeward out once i pick up the items.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam on Mon May 21, 2012 5:11 pm

I tried to kick someone off a bridge. I had shotel equipped.

Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa on Mon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Blighttown shortcut to valley of drakes. For some reason I always seem to land on top of the spinning waterwheel when I fall, cause I'm rushing. I run on it like a treadmill for a min or so then fall to my death.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain on Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Get summoned to 4 kings, hack and slash to boss door. Equip covenant ring and jump in. For some reason I decide I would rather have bellowing dragon ring and proceed to sink into the abyss. Host gives me look skyward gesture which I deserved.

PSN Shubgoaroth

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon May 21, 2012 8:10 pm

deadagain wrote:Get summoned to 4 kings, hack and slash to boss door. Equip covenant ring and jump in. For some reason I decide I would rather have bellowing dragon ring and proceed to sink into the abyss. Host gives me look skyward gesture which I deserved.

lol i remember doing that about 5 times in a row when the game just came out until finally someone told me about the cove of artorias whcih i had no idea that i needed it for the abyss. i never look anything up in my first run in any game.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 on Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 pm

nito- got him down to one hit left. he proceeds to spam the gravelord sword ground attack and his grab attack....

O&S-Sunbroing and low on health(host was out of estus. Big Ornstein was low on health and the first phantom charges him and dies. I charge him get stabbed by his spear picken up and flung at the host killng the host...

Praise The Sun!!!! cheers

Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Mon May 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Running back to a bloodstain with 11 humanity in it on New Londo, died the fist time by falling off the cliff where you pick up the firekeeper soul.

Forgot that the ghosts pop up and I run straight into one and end up glancing off of it and falling to my death....

Needless to say, not a single ghost was spared that day....

PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 on Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 pm

BoilerFan8472 wrote:nito- got him down to one hit left. he proceeds to spam the gravelord sword ground attack and his grab attack....

O&S-Sunbroing and low on health(host was out of estus. Big Ornstein was low on health and the first phantom charges him and dies. I charge him get stabbed by his spear picken up and flung at the host killng the host...

I had no idea you could do damage to a host by colliding with them.
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 am

johnnyjwa wrote:Blighttown shortcut to valley of drakes. For some reason I always seem to land on top of the spinning waterwheel when I fall, cause I'm rushing. I run on it like a treadmill for a min or so then fall to my death.

That "shortcut" has cost me so many *** bloodstains, I hate that thing!

Chronicar

Post by Chronicar on Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 am

I was summoned into a friend's painted world and we were invaded while running up the steps to get the red soapstone. The host waited on a ledge and I intercepted the invader. I just started kicking him until he fell. He managed to survive so I did a plunging attack to finish him. I missed the plunging attack and bounced off the ledge he landed on and fell to my death.
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Tue May 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Just yesterday I was hosting in the forest. I had just lost a 2v1 so I was back in trying to clear some of the npc hunters out before being invaded again. Suddenly I got two invasion notices, it got me so panicky I didn't notice the big axe wielding D bag npc come running at me. Needless to say he hits hard on NG+ and I gave those two hunters free souls.

Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 on Tue May 22, 2012 3:17 pm

O&S-Sunbroing and low on health(host was out of estus. Big Ornstein was low on health and the first phantom charges him and dies. I charge him get stabbed by his spear picken up and flung at the host killng the host...[/quote]

I had no idea you could do damage to a host by colliding with them.[/quote]

You can't normally but I'm guessing since I was flying through the air from Ornstein, I guess the game registered me as some sort of attack or something

Praise The Sun!!!! cheers

befowler

Post by befowler on Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Jumped off the tower to do a drop attack on Taurus demon once and instead bounced off his head somehow and fell to my death.

Also die a lot as a summon by falling through things like the stairs in Anor Londo after the cutscene when the host rotates them, or the stairs in Duke's Archives when rotated. What seems to help is standing as close to the rotation axis as possible so you either always have firm ground under your feet, or maybe there's just less lag.

A recent cool one that wasn't a death was somehow getting lagstabbed by super O's spear lift and electrocution attack. I floated up in the air off to one side while he actually did the attack on someone else, and was similarly thrown to the ground at the end. Took no damage a la a backstab counter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:46 am