The only thing I have never seen... other than some vagrant types...

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: The only thing I have never seen... other than some vagrant types...

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 am

I see a lot of these, have never really taken advantage of one but, oh well...

Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari on Mon May 21, 2012 9:47 am

I'm also on xbox, sees them aaall the time really silly where ever I go pretty much happy

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 am

Lol.....RROD on Xbox Dough? I think that has synergy with silver paste if done correctly.

Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor on Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 am

I always thought those white rings were a sign of someone using a faith spell while wearing the ring of the Sun`s first born.
    (Gives 20% Damage using Miracles)

I see a lot around the area in the painted world were all those Phalanx are.
    Also see a lot in the forest and Kiln near the fog door (entrance).

Sorry it does not answer your question,I am not to sure myself to be honest.

XBL : CelestialSpiral
    befowler

Post by befowler on Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 am

I'm on PSN and have never seen any besides the two set ones in the catacombs. From watching PvP videos, they are far, far more common on Xbox. They're practically everywhere for them.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 am

Seems biased, isn't it?
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik on Mon May 21, 2012 10:46 am

I see them all the time. But then again, I usually play Clerics.

Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Mon May 21, 2012 11:05 am

I heard it's some kind of glitch for PSN. Makes sense since we don't pay anything for it, Sony probably tries to save money by cutting down as much information being passed back and forth as possible.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon May 21, 2012 11:48 am

... What?

If that is the case, than wouldn't I not see so much orange signs and blood stains? I saw a total of 9 vagrants in my dark souls play... Dropping an item for something to spawn would probably be not as common as people using miracles. Those that can be synergied are as common as those that are not.

And most of my characters are cleric, and use lots of faith. Yet, never have I seen it. I played as way of white, princess guard, and Gravelord... The miracle covenants. Nope.

This irritates me a little. I have seen lots in dark souls, yet never, ever, a god damn synergy ring... Other than the catacombs area, which is the stationary set area for those rings, laid by others.

Hm... Quite a fix indeed.
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Mon May 21, 2012 12:01 pm

I see them every 1 minute or so if im focusing on the story but if im in a high lvl pvp area I see tons of them. Once while standing next to a bunch of them I used a Wotg and did over 600dmg with 30 faith.

Was on my Xbox.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Mon May 21, 2012 12:12 pm

I see them about half as often as I get gravelorded on PSN :|

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    befowler

Post by befowler on Mon May 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Just to be clear, I almost always play Faith characters, starting as a Cleric. Play a lot in high PvP areas (like Darkroot and Anor Londo) and again have never seen one. This was true even with my Princess Guard char when wearing the ring that supposedly increased miracle resonance. If you watch vids of Xbox players, it is striking how many rings there are in areas like that. For PSN, it's like they don't exist.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon May 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, comrade, we have a new quest, it seems: find synergy rings, and TRY to create as much as possible. We might even need to make an event, it seems.

I hope I can find some, and when I understand it better integrate it well in use for some ideas I have.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm

i honestly am glad they arent there lol. i feel bad for the xbox players, everytime a faith user sees one they can cast wrath in that spot and get additional dmg(cause we all know wrath needs more dmg). it would be just another thing to encourage people to make faith builds, further decreasing the amount of creative builds.

i dont got a problem with faith users(i did rage about them for a while) but i just dont think dks needs anything else to amplify faith builds power. just my opinion. i am however very curious as to why so many show up for xbl players but not psn... maybe something to do with a patch that was slightly different for xbox? idk.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Mon May 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Well, I don't think synergy buffs wrath of god. I think it buffs force and emit force. The wiki might say otherwise thou.
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal on Mon May 21, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm on PSN and have seen around 5 or so in my playthroughs with different covenants and builds and have only seen them in the forest (other than the catacombs I might add). I honestly doubt it has anything to do with the PSN to be honest.

You got some sticky white stuff on your sword Look Skyward
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari on Mon May 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, I don't think synergy buffs wrath of god. I think it buffs force and emit force. The wiki might say otherwise thou.

I think if you use a healing miracle, it will boost others healing miracles, if you use offensive, it boosts others offensive, but you have to use the WOG to boost someones WOG, this seems to be the only exception.

This is just based on my own experience, nothing that I can confirm for 100% sure.
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Mon May 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Not only does it happen everywhere on XBL but I think you can get up to 3x senergy sincro going if they are close enough. I would like to think that each one does about 20% boost and you can tell how much it stack cause a ring appears on the miricle equiped and glows bright in three different stages (havent been near a 4 to see if theres more.).

their radius seems to be about the distance of Twop.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Mon May 21, 2012 3:57 pm

I've seen them more on Xbox than PS3. Although I've seen a couple in Anor Londo in PS3 sometimes. There are more on Xbox though... Almost everywhere.

DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 pm

It does power up WoG. I have seen it and felt the difference its actually quite impressive. Its easy to tell if it will power a specific miracle all you have to do is look at the miracle and if a resonance ring forms on it then it powers it up. It does that with WoG. I did not realize that was a missing occurrence in PS3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 am