Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reaperfan
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
billy_bayonet
galen666
8 posters

Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign?

galen666

Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign? Empty Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign?

Post by galen666 Sun May 20, 2012 3:17 pm

I put down a summon sign on another character and we fought O&S. This guy not only summoned me and Knight Solaire, but another phantom. I didn't catch the name of the phantom but I'm sure it must be from joining some covenant.

I'm working on a lvl 4 character now to see how far I can make it without leveling, and the O&S battle is giving me some trouble. A second phantom would probably be all I need. Any idea how I might get this second white phantom?

BTW Quelaag was much easier than I remember from my first playthrough. A few shots from the heavy crossbow and she crumpled. I wonder if there is some level adjustment going on.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign? Empty Re: Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign?

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 20, 2012 3:24 pm

um ive never seen this happen ever, you can have two phantoms and one vader, for a total of 4 players
    galen666

Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign? Empty Re: Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign?

Post by galen666 Sun May 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Well it was quite a crowd but it happened, I swear. I don't recall exactly where the other summon sign was but seems like it was close to Solaire somewhere in the hall. He summoned me and two white phantoms. I was like oh.. ok didn't know about that one.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 20, 2012 3:38 pm

hmm maybe it was a vder and the game glitched and he appeared as a white phantom
    galen666

Post by galen666 Sun May 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Reading about it, I agree this doesn't seem possible. I have no idea what he did. I wasn't high....
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 20, 2012 3:52 pm

ive invaded peopel a few times and appeared as a white phantom got very very confused
    galen666

Post by galen666 Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 pm

I think I was the only "white" phantom but I'm not sure. There was an orange phantom (Solaire) and some other phantom that he got to appear by clicking on a summon sign. I thought it was orange too, perhaps due to some kind of glitch, but he ran directly to it and summoned the other phantom like he knew what he was doing. The player was pretty experienced and I'm guessing in NG++ or +++. I was level 200 at the time on that character. The O&S fight was really hard even with four of us.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun May 20, 2012 4:39 pm

anor londo has one of the highest incident rates for the red showing up white glitch, so that was probably it, poor s&o got ganked...
    he may have clicked on a red sign and it came up white maybe a friend of his found a spot where that happens...
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 pm

that still dusnt make sen you cant have 3 summons....2 summons maximum and one invader
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun May 20, 2012 6:41 pm

There's a glitch where sometimes when you connect to someone's world you appear as a phantom you weren't supposed to. This could mean dropping a white sign and then appearing in their world as a Darkmoon invader, or invading as a red phantom and appearing as a white phantom. What probably happened here is your host summoned the normal two white phantoms, then someone invaded but had the above glitch occur and instead of appearing as a hostile red phantom, he appeared as a third white phantom.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 20, 2012 6:45 pm

You say he ran over and summoned the person, right? They didn't just pop up?
    If they didn't just suddenly show up as a friendly, then he might have been exploiting the Red Soapstone switchout trick. If you place a white soapstone within 2 seconds of someone using your red soapstone, a good 70% of the time, you'll summon as a white instead of a red. The game doesn't properly load the data. My friend and I did it like 20 times on X-box, we think it's also the cause of Invaders showing up as phantoms sometimes.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 21, 2012 6:15 am

I think there can be at least 5 people in a single world. Host, phantom, phantom, vader, and another vader.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Mon May 21, 2012 7:11 am

On my Box it says .
    "Online Play for : 2-4 players"
    Ornstein and Smough, 2nd summon sign? 3358384175
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon May 21, 2012 8:35 am

4 players only host and 3 others players,
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon May 21, 2012 9:45 am

galen666 wrote:...I'm working on a lvl 4 character now to see how far I can make it without leveling, and the O&S battle is giving me some trouble. A second phantom would probably be all I need. Any idea how I might get this second white phantom?...

This isn't the player help thread, but I can help. I love fighting O&S!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am