Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Share
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 12:16 am

    http://tinyurl.com/cmz6ajv

    Quick Note: I'm not much of a spell user, I think he Moonlight GS Strong attacks are awesome though.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 20, 2012 12:21 am

    I think it's great. If you're not planning on using any spells 40 INT should be enough, and since that's the case you have no use for the Crown of Dusk.

    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 12:30 am

    I also figured I could trade out the Lifehunt for a +15 Balder Side Sword/Katana, get a RoFaP/Leo Ring instead of Bloodbite and equip Havel Gauntlets instead.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 20, 2012 12:33 am

    That also works, and it's probably safer and more conventional; however, you'd lose out on the bad-assedness of the Lifehunt Scythe. But in general, FAP ring+Katana or Straight Sword is probably more effective. They're also easier weapons to master.

    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 12:56 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That also works, and it's probably safer and more conventional; however, you'd lose out on the bad-assedness of the Lifehunt Scythe. But in general, FAP ring+Katana or Straight Sword is probably more effective. They're also easier weapons to master.

    It wouldn't be a permanent change, it'd be one of those "if I feel like switching it up" situations. The only real mainstays are the Moonlight GS, Grass Crest Shield and Dark Wood Grain Ring.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 20, 2012 12:59 am

    Dubscythe wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That also works, and it's probably safer and more conventional; however, you'd lose out on the bad-assedness of the Lifehunt Scythe. But in general, FAP ring+Katana or Straight Sword is probably more effective. They're also easier weapons to master.

    It wouldn't be a permanent change, it'd be one of those "if I feel like switching it up" situations. The only real mainstays are the Moonlight GS, Grass Crest Shield and Dark Wood Grain Ring.

    Problem with that is RoFaP breaks when removed, so "switching it up" isn't really possible once you put that ring on. It's great ring, but it also hamstrings you.
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 1:03 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That also works, and it's probably safer and more conventional; however, you'd lose out on the bad-assedness of the Lifehunt Scythe. But in general, FAP ring+Katana or Straight Sword is probably more effective. They're also easier weapons to master.

    It wouldn't be a permanent change, it'd be one of those "if I feel like switching it up" situations. The only real mainstays are the Moonlight GS, Grass Crest Shield and Dark Wood Grain Ring.

    Problem with that is RoFaP breaks when removed, so "switching it up" isn't really possible once you put that ring on. It's great ring, but it also hamstrings you.

    Well if I equipped Balder Side instead of Lifehunt and equipped Havel Gaunts I would still be under the 40 weight limit, so I could equip the Leo Ring. Leo Ring would probably work very well with BSS.

    EDIT: Figured I'd clarify, I'm making this second build so quickly after my first because I decided my 1st would be a Gravelord, and this one would be a general PvP/Darkwraith character.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 am

    Dubscythe wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That also works, and it's probably safer and more conventional; however, you'd lose out on the bad-assedness of the Lifehunt Scythe. But in general, FAP ring+Katana or Straight Sword is probably more effective. They're also easier weapons to master.

    It wouldn't be a permanent change, it'd be one of those "if I feel like switching it up" situations. The only real mainstays are the Moonlight GS, Grass Crest Shield and Dark Wood Grain Ring.

    Problem with that is RoFaP breaks when removed, so "switching it up" isn't really possible once you put that ring on. It's great ring, but it also hamstrings you.

    Well if I equipped Balder Side instead of Lifehunt and equipped Havel Gaunts I would still be under the 40 weight limit, so I could equip the Leo Ring. Leo Ring would probably work very well with BSS.

    EDIT: Figured I'd clarify, I'm making this second build so quickly after my first because I decided my 1st would be a Gravelord, and this one would be a general PvP/Darkwraith character.

    I've heard that the Leo Ring does work with the BSS, but since it's not a Spear or a Rapier I cannot confirm that as my experience with that ring is limited to those two weapon classes. But, yeah, try it out. You might find it suits you perfectly. happy
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 am

    TOO MANY QUOTES!!! Look Skyward

    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 1:14 am

    If it doesn't I could always use Velka's Rapier since that scales with INT. Split damage isn't the best, but it's an option.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 20, 2012 1:17 am

    I think it's a great weapon (Velka's), and listening to the response my thread on that weapon received it appears to be a hidden gem within the community. It's a very classy weapon, really beautiful indeed.

    Related Link: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t5570-velka-s-rapier
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 1:53 am

    I'll probably use that then.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by cloudyeki on Sun May 20, 2012 2:08 am

    I'll standby the fact that Velka's is sophisticated as hell! That moveset is very cool, though it takes away super damage from leo's. I'd imagine an enchanted Ricard's would do comparable damage.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1213
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 23
    Location : NYC

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by mugenis4real on Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 am

    All that Int and Dex but no attunement slots? I think I'm gonna be sick... :no:

    Get some attunement man happy
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 2:39 am

    mugenis4real wrote:All that Int and Dex but no attunement slots? I think I'm gonna be sick... :no:

    Get some attunement man happy

    Read the OP, I'm not a spell user.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by cloudyeki on Sun May 20, 2012 2:41 am

    I'm the same way with miracles Mugen. I'm sitting on 50 faith and I've yet to actually equip any miracle on my Attunement slot


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by RANT on Sun May 20, 2012 3:43 am

    the bss is awesome with thr leo ring, the 2h thrust attack and r2 attacks are the ones that work with it and you can get uo to 1k damage with it, depends on your opponents armor.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 4:48 am

    1k damage sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by cloudyeki on Sun May 20, 2012 4:58 am

    1k with the bss and leo is possible, I've had it happen during my 0 poise training. Harsh combo, especially with a buff


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 am

    cloudyeki wrote:1k with the bss and leo is possible, I've had it happen during my 0 poise training. Harsh combo, especially with a buff

    Would BSS be better than Velka considering my build?

    Also, would I need Bloodbite if I'm using Lifehunt for PvP?


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 341
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Durant

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Railage on Sun May 20, 2012 6:25 am

    I've done a lot of PvPing with just 30 humanity and and the Blood shield, but the Ring is better than both of those combined.

    I've never bled myself out using the ring, and without it I've bled out like a total of 5 times.

    Mind you, that those are 5 times out of 100's.

    Against people using bleed weapons as well.

    So the ring is nice, but not necessary.


    _________________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0D_q5VEaJQ    Chevelle - Sleepwalking Elite
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WyrmHero on Sun May 20, 2012 6:29 am

    Yeah use the ring for PvE only. For PvP is actually good to not have it because if you can see your bleed gauge almost full, your opponent will most likely have it almost full too, so you can use that with a Kat or Priscy's Dagger for bleeding them to death.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Dubscythe on Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm

    Will I still be able to inflict bleed damage if I'm hitting their shield?


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 pm

    Dubscythe wrote:Will I still be able to inflict bleed damage if I'm hitting their shield?

    Yes.
    avatar
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1213
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 23
    Location : NYC

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by mugenis4real on Mon May 21, 2012 1:06 am

    cloudyeki wrote:I'm the same way with miracles Mugen. I'm sitting on 50 faith and I've yet to actually equip any miracle on my Attunement slot


    You guys are like :alien:


    silly


    Sponsored content

    Re: Opinions on a Dex/Int build.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:26 am